***Official Political Discussion Thread***

the point is nothing in that polling says "biden is too soft on Israel" is some super popular position with democratic party.
I said that we can't call opposition to Biden's policy hyperbolic. I didn't say that most folks were opposed to his policy towards Israel.

52.5% of Democrats think Israel and Palestine share equal blame; 34.8% of Democrats blame Israel for the crisis. 43.7% of Democrats and 25% of Americans overall want more pressure (including withholding aid) to be applied on Israel. 1/3 of American voters want to tie military aid to actions towards Palestinians. None of these numbers are insignificant, especially when we look at the parts of the electorate that are expected to support Biden. You're making it sound like the proportion of folks who have opposed his Israeli-Palestine policy is in the single digits.

There's nothing for me to accept. It hasn't happened. You're are saying it will happen I'm saying it won't.
That's a very insensitive thing to say.
I'll accept it when Biden loses Michigan on the backs of Arab Americans deciding to elect Trump.
Stay home.

The plunge in Biden's approval rating among Arab Americans speaks for itself.

Yah I don't believe them. And even if did I don't believe it will hold in a year.

Sure!

The guy who lost 20 members of his family to Israeli bombings should just be thankful that Biden is not Trump.

The family of the Palestinian American poet arrested as he tried to leave through the Egypt crossing and beaten while in IDF detention shouldn't ask themselves why his American passport didn't protect him.

The Palestinian American families suing the US government for not doing more to extract these Americans from Gaza should just accept that some Americans are more deserving of protection than they are.

What's irrational is thinking that "voting one's conscience," which includes not voting, is a far-fetched feature of the American electoral process.

Imo you should just stop with the political argument and say you don't like Biden's policy.
IMO, you should learn how to read, because I agreed with the fact that Biden has changed course on his approach with Israel compared to the initial expression of unwavering support. I'm pretty sure that the only reservation I expressed was whether his current effort would be enough to increase his likeability among Arab American voters in time for 2024.

Even I was baffled when I opened Saint Laurent's new arrivals recently and that was one of the first that popped up :lol:
The term glazed leather immediately reminded me of donuts but apparently it's just waterproofed leather that maintains the patent leather-ish glossy look.

Either way it if I did end up buying them it still wouldn't be the wildest thing I've worn to the office (see below)
A while back our Officer Manager was giving an onboarding tour to a new coworker and the newbie asker her "what about the dress code?"
The office manager replied "uh, there is none. look around, you've got Nick there in a giant Pikachu t-shirt, Tom's wearing some death metal band shirt with cargo shorts and (my name) is, uh, well you'll see." :lol:
0f2e8e16a5f831b838b57d71b53fecd8.jpg
Famb you need professional help

You really showing up to work wearing a pair of Nike Air Karen "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning" 3s. |l :smh:

People, please read the article.

The headline doesn't even do a good job at the essence of Cardin's position.

Cardin's argument is that Israelis should not be held to account. He talks about helping Palestinians a lot in the interview

This is the rationale for the additional aid to Israel, in the supplemental request, it won't come with strings attached...

Are you concerned about settler activity in the West Bank, where Palestinian communities have been kicked off their land since October 7th? And does it make you concerned about what Israel’s ultimate aims are?

Yes, I worry about any extremist activities, and I am very concerned about the settlers, and what some of the settlers have been doing to Palestinians. I also have had concern about settlements that are located in areas that are logically going to be under Palestinian control, under a two-state solution.

But aid to Israel should not be conditioned on Israel’s behavior in the West Bank or human-rights concerns specifically?

Right. I believe these are issues we raised with Israel, but it’s not relevant to the supplemental appropriation.

Sometimes I wonder whether they get the message if they know aid will come no matter what.

I could be wrong about this, and that’s why I’m very supportive of the Ukraine aid and Israel aid remaining tied together. Ukraine is desperate for these funds. It’s important that we provide help to Israel, but it’s not critical as to their ability to defend their country. So it’s much more critical for Ukraine as far as the timeliness of the aid. Iron Dome has saved so many lives in Israel. We need to make sure they have the interceptors they need and the technologies to protect against multiple missiles coming into their country. But, for Israel’s defense, they have the capacity to defend themselves. We need to make sure that we give them what they need. We need to do it in a timely way, but let’s recognize that Ukraine is desperate and they need help immediately.

Ukraine and Taiwan's aid is tied up with Israel's.

So someone mad about this, gonna have to explain to me you get the GOP to help Ukraine, without them getting what they want on the Israel funding.

Last edited:
I said that we can't call opposition to Biden's policy hyperbolic. I didn't say that most folks were opposed to his policy towards Israel.

52.5% of Democrats think Israel and Palestine share equal blame; 34.8% of Democrats blame Israel for the crisis. 43.7% of Democrats and 25% of Americans overall want more pressure (including withholding aid) to be applied on Israel. 1/3 of American voters want to tie military aid to actions towards Palestinians. None of these numbers are insignificant, especially when we look at the parts of the electorate that are expected to support Biden. You're making it sound like the proportion of folks who have opposed his Israeli-Palestine policy is in the single digits.

I didn't say it was insignificant. I said there isn't a strong or clear political argument that Biden needs to stray from a policy he believes in order to be tougher on Israel.

Stay home.
= elect trump
again I have a higher opinion of Arab Americans then you. I think they understand this.

The plunge in Biden's approval rating among Arab Americans speaks for itself.
symbolic responses to polls are different from casting or not casting votes.
I didn't say "Arab Americans aren't mad at him" I said when push comes to shove they won elect Trump.

That's a very insensitive thing to say.
the truth is insensitive sometimes.

Sure!

The guy who lost 20 members of his family to Israeli bombings should just be thankful that Biden is not Trump.
so the guy will choose to help elect Trump who will do everything possible to kill the rest of his family?
very dumb thing to do. Im doubtful that will happen in any significant numbers.

The family of the Palestinian American poet arrested as he tried to leave through the Egypt crossing and beaten while in IDF detention shouldn't ask themselves why his American passport didn't protect him.
and that poet thinks Trump will protect him better?

The Palestinian American families suing the US government for not doing more to extract these Americans from Gaza should just accept that some Americans are more deserving of protection than they are.
Those Palestinian American families will then turn and help t elect Trump who will do everything possible to hunt and persecute them?

What's irrational is thinking that "voting one's conscience," which includes not voting, is a far-fetched feature of the American electoral process.

the question is this a likely enough concern that Biden should change policy based on this idea. I don't think it is.

I think that people with material investment are less likely to make irrational symbolic gestures. not more likely.
Do I believe some random college voter who isn't Palestinian might do this? Sure.

but if you have real skin in the game, no I don't think it's likely. especially after time has passed. the conflict settles down, Biden able to influence Israeli's to be more humane ect
and an entire campaign of Trump pro Zionist Islamaphobia.

it's certainly not likely enough where you should base policy changes on this idea.

Those Palestinian American families will then turn and help t elect Trump who will do everything possible to hunt and persecute them?
The electorate of pretty much any country isn't exactly known for being informed and making rational decisions.
Plenty of people who strongly disagree with some aspect of one politician or party either directly vote for a worse option, or in the far more likely scenario indirectly help elect them by not voting at all.

Perhaps it is not a significant enough threat to base policy changes on that possibility, but it also shouldn't be dismissed so easily. Particularly the possibility of would-be voters choosing to abstain.
A lot of voters in general live in some delusional fantasy world where thinking that abstaining from voting isn't practically the same as voting for whichever other candidate or party.

In Belgium for example, where voting is mandatory, a lot of people vote blank. They don't select anyone on the ballot, and all blank votes are given to whoever leads in actual votes. Then these same people complain about whoever wins and continue to vote blank.

Last edited:
They should go after her for the coverup. Also do they know that text messages are saved on a server?
If the target of a criminal investigation is asking others to delete text messages after a raid, I imagine they're dumb enough to have said incriminating texts on a service that can easily retrieve them.

Back
Top Bottom