***Official Political Discussion Thread***

:lol: I guess I’m wrong. I always heard it was accepted to harass all the women in the office back then.

Thankfully the understanding of both sexual harassment and sexual assault has developed considerably from 1993. The importance of positive consent and the harm of microagressions are just two areas that have seen massive improvement in my adult life.

That said, even in the caveman days of 1993, sexual assault an harassment were understood to be bad things.

deadmanny.png

:lol: I guess I’m wrong. I always heard it was accepted to harass all the women in the office back then.
I think there was just a wording error here, not necessarily that you had the wrong idea.
'Accepted' isn't the right word, because back then people generally knew what crosses the line. It was largely ignored though. Coworkers and the women themselves were far less likely to speak out against it back then.

I think there was just a wording error here, not necessarily that you had the wrong idea.
'Accepted' isn't the right word, because back then people generally knew what crosses the line. It was largely ignored though. Coworkers and the women themselves were far less likely to speak out against it back then.

Yeah that’s what I always heard.

They know it’s wrong but doesn’t matter because no one enforces for challenges harassment.

Adam’s seems like a clown.

Current administration been trying to do all types of **** and it gets stopped by republicans. So the answer to vote republican or say **** it and stay home? Real life clown ****, famb.

OMFG fam :lol:

If this current system is beneficial to you & you enjoy the process then Vote, why is it such an issue that everyone doesn't align with that. i mean this is the most important election of our lifetime coming up :lol:, and whenever you have the chance to vote for a corpse you should never think twice.

Not like we have 40+ years of evidence to make a smart decision off of or anything

why is it such an issue that everyone doesn't align with that.

You do know how elections work, right? Like, you understand the consequences.

Because if you understood the election process, I think it’s pretty clear why I might take issue that people are going to try to empower a far worse leadership that will be far worse for the country based on incredibly poor understanding of facts and even worse reasoning.

You do know how elections work, right? Like, you understand the consequences.

Because if you understood the election process, I think it’s pretty clear why I might take issue that people are going to try to empower a far worse leadership that will be far worse for the country based on incredibly poor understanding of facts and even worse reasoning.

Take issue with whatever, it really don't matter & isn't beneficial to the outcome you prefer, but if that's what you want to spend your time on then by all means.

But enough of this Boogieman Trump ********, One unqualified, Rich, decrepit, corrupt white man is going to change places with another. Yay Democracy

Democratic politics has largely become an exercise in well compensated, advanced degree holding, homeowners, telling the people who fetch their coffee and who have 5 roommates in two bedroom apartment to vote for said homeowners’ favored ballot line or else things could get worse.

And said homeowners are absolutely f—ing right on this question but it is still alienating for people, largely shut out of any kind of real future, or prosperity, or stability to have to give up on being able to use the ballot to create structural change and instead must settle for preventing their lives from simply getting worse. And anytime those shutout people complain about this, someone with 100 times more net worth calls them stupid, racist, sexist, ignorant, selfish, and shortsighted for even considering voting on a different ballot line than their crappy boss, landlord, or chief of police.

I don’t know any good solutions to that dilemma. It’s a dilemma caused by the fact that the GOP has so many structural advantages that the Democratic Party has to amass coalitions so large that it has to include people and groups with diametrically opposed material interests. It’s also exacerbated by geographic polarization. It’s hard to tell the more marginalized and marginal voter that voting for the Democratic Party will bring about their liberation, when every rich and powerful person whom they have actually met in person and who has diminished their quality of life also votes Democratic.

I don’t envy the politicians who have to navigate these internal contradictions within the Democratic Party’s vast coalition.

Back
Top Bottom