***Official Political Discussion Thread***

IRye.gif

All the cable networks are making this seem like it’s a giant, giant night, but I think we all know the outcome so what’s the point of tuning in. These broadcasts are fascinating though :lol:

If Trump is good at anything, it’s steamrolling over Republicans.

Trump is a coward because he’s never been introspective and searched for and tried to address his emotional, ideological, and epistemological shortcomings. However, he’s not a coward for refusing to debate other Republicans.

Fighting for migrants, incarcerated people, unhoused people, racialized groups, impoverished people, and anyone else deemed as unpeople, is how we will not only survive but thrive even in the face of a currently deteriorating economic order, political order, and environment.

It’s simple, expand your and those around you’s circle of empathy and humanity as much as you can and a few generations from now, your descendants will live in a far happier, healthier life than we do now.

On the other hand, if you carve out exceptions and use unpeopling language like “terrorist,” “criminal,” “junkie,” “dead beat,” “illegals,” etc. you’re contributing to the tribalism that may not get us killed but will eventually kill most humans on earth and leave a few survivors scrounging through the ruins.

Radical inclusivity and solidarity are a form of species wide self defense.

Is the IDF A TERRORIST army? Killing civilians and infrastructure for political gains(ie terrorism) is literally a doctrine they subscribe to (Dahiya doctrine of collective punishment).

Legitimate governments can be terrorists.

the word “terrorism” has been so damn played out by now. Everyone is a terrorist if you don’t agree with their motives.

Isis are real terrorists (like real real terrorists) yet Israel funded them in Syria. Soo….they weren’t terrorists in those short few months? Right?

Hamas did a terroristic act in October 7… but was the IDF employing the Hannibal directive of killing their own civilians that day (unknown what percentage of the 695 civilians killed on October 7 were down by Hamas vs IDF) a terroristic act as well? But the US supports them…does that make many senators and other officials terrorist sympathizers, no?

Thank you for acknowledging Hamas’s terrorism.

What the IDF is doing currently are blatant war crimes and a terrible, terrible human tragedy that I wish the US was not supporting in any capacity. And I wish those outwardly supporting the IDF in America would be held to account for that stance (like the censure against Tlaib).

The US’s role with Israel is far more complicated than that though, which has already been hashed out in this thread repeatedly (by one of Osh’s actually decent takes) and I’m not going to rehash it. Again, I wish we weren’t supporting Israel at this time.

But to say people should be immune from pushback for supporting a terrorist attack is a line too far. It’s victim-blaming in a manner I don’t support in any capacity.

It’s still so weird that primaries are staggered and candidates gain “momentum” from winning states nobody talks about 99% of the year.

IMO Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada are pretty good States to have as the first four. Together, you get a pretty good demographic and geographic and population density sample that roughly mirrors the country as a whole. Lower population States do give candidates with less funding and/or name a ID a slightly better chance than if the primaries started in high population States.

The changes that should be made are no caucuses, all primaries. The order of those four should change every year and they should be via random draw selected a few weeks before the first primary.

Another change could be having more than four early primaries in lower population States. New Mexico, Mississippi, Vermont, and Oregon could be added. Maybe throw in Delaware, and Montana. Make it 10 low population States staggered out. Then after that, run three super Tuesdays to get every State and territory done by May 1st.

Back
Top Bottom