***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Bibi did this to himself.

Like I said Bibi is Israel's biggest security threat. He's an immoral person driven by perverse incentives.

It was a huge mistake letting him stay in power for the war.

Unfortunately for Israelis I don't think he cares, he just wants to stay in power.

Biden should have never trusted Bibi in the first place. But given the situation, should have been talking like this the second it was clear Israel was dropping bombs indiscriminately

Wasted too much political capital on a dude that is clearly trying to a) kill as many civilians as possible b) stay in power at all costs c) hurt Biden politically

That is one foreign policy area I think Obama had a much better read on than Biden

i truly wonder what leverage israel has to keep these countries on their knees
Information and international trade.

Without Israel, the Middle East might as well be a black box for western countries.

Continuous support is also a way to keep the Suez Canal and surrounding areas open, which is a greater concern to the West than access to oil IMO. Keeping the region conflict-free guarantees that international trade remains faster and cheaper than going around the Cape of Good Hope. That's how we benefit from the current peace treaty between Israel and Egypt, and why we're supporting whoever is willing to maintain the status quo:

The Multinational Force and Observers (MFO) is an international peacekeeping force overseeing the terms of the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel. The MFO generally operates in and around the Sinai peninsula, ensuring free navigation through the Straits of Tiran and the Gulf of Aqaba, and compliance with the other terms of the Egypt–Israel peace treaty.

Sinai peacekeeping zones[edit]​

The Sinai Peninsula
Article 2 of Annex I of the Peace Treaty called for the Sinai Peninsula to be divided into zones. Within these zones, Egypt and Israel were permitted varying degrees of military buildup:

• Zone A: Between the Suez Canal and Line A. Egypt is permitted a mechanized infantry division with a total of 22,000 troops in Zone A.
  • Zone B: Between Line A and Line B. Egypt is permitted four border security battalions to support the civilian police in Zone B.
  • Zone C: Between Line B and the Egypt–Israel border. Only the MFO and the Egyptian civilian police are permitted within Zone C.
  • Zone D: Between the Egypt–Israel border and Line D. Israel is permitted four infantry battalions in Zone D.
Within Zone C there are two main installations:

In addition there are thirty smaller sites at various points within Zone C. One remote observation post (OP 3-11) is located offshore on Tiran Island, requiring resupply by air or sea.

When looking at this, it makes sense why in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, the Muslim Brotherhood, which Hamas is affiliated with, was quickly run out of Cairo.

That is one foreign policy area I think Obama had a much better read on than Biden
Hard agree.

I think Biden underestimated the extent to which the Israeli government interests have been incompatible with the US position of promoting a two-state solution. The Israeli government is currently led by folks who either cheered the assassination of Rabin or idolized his murderer. They never gave two ****s about Oslo, and they made it known.

I also think he underestimated the impact of the Abraham Accords in poisoning the situation in the Middle East. Maybe we wouldn't have had an Oct 7th if the State Department had not embraced the Middle East policy of the Trump administration without amending it to include Palestinians.

I work for the government sometimes so I get more than enough sensitivity training. There’s some real gems in there sometimes.

I can’t believe it’s someone’s job to come up with this stuff. :lol:

IMG_1143.jpeg

I work for the government sometimes so I get more than enough sensitivity training. There’s some real gems in there sometimes.

I can’t believe it’s someone’s job to come up with this stuff. :lol:

IMG_1143.jpeg

I did one of these recently lol (non-government). It was a two-hour thing that you had to go the full two hours. I finished in about 40 minutes and had to keep my computer open or else the timer would stop. I did it at a bar and had my friends look at all the insane scenarios and questions. It was a complete waste of time, but at least I was entertained.

But, yes, I would love to meet the people who put this garbage together and sell it to companies. Full-on scam business.

I did one of these recently lol (non-government). It was a two-hour thing that you had to go the full two hours. I finished in about 40 minutes and had to keep my computer open or else the timer would stop. I did it at a bar and had my friends look at all the insane scenarios and questions. It was a complete waste of time, but at least I was entertained.

But, yes, I would love to meet the people who put this garbage together and sell it to companies. Full-on scam business.

Yep have one every year. 3.5 hours long in 2 parts. I finish in like 15 mins each one and just keep it open in the side

🤦‍♂️

for sure it's a total scam, everybody hates taking the classes and usually after it turns into Chapelle show with mocking it.

everyone with an accent gets yelled at "I can't understand yoooouuuuu, go back to your country!" :lol:

no ****s given at my job

Back
Top Bottom