***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It's about an hour before noon eastern. Where it at. Feels "What's in the vault!"-ish to me. She's retweeting the reply tweets and I dunno man. I have a few different flags for stuff like this, and this is starting to hit a few of them.

She's going to be on the Reidout and a couple of other places I'm not instantly familiar with (Deconstructed, Breaking Points) today. So I guess we'll see. She says "Yes it's political. "No it's not the pee tape".

Sounds like it's one of two things. Confirmation of an already reported story, with updated or more solid information. Or, a new but minor story that just lines up with the rest of the information already known about somebody.

Nothing means anything these days so I'm not even getting amped thinking it's something notable. Aside from 1st person violence resulting in death, nothing's a dealbreaker these days. Nothing's disqualifying. It can all be talked away, spun as someone else's fault or discussed in the upside-down as if it's a good thing and so it becomes one.

(a response like this is likely what made her say people are cynical...dunno how you can blame people for recognizing the truth of politics in 2024, but okay)

The current senior U.S. official, though, said the idea of a trying to negotiate a deal between the Biden administration and Hamas remained a “very real option” if the current proposed cease-fire deal fails to advance.

White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said Sunday that the U.S. is still waiting on an “official” response from Hamas to the latest offer. Last week, CIA Director William Burns and White House Middle East coordinator Brett McGurk both traveled to the region to continue talks on the proposal.

This deal only concerns American hostages still held by Hamas.

Sinwar wants 100+ prisoners for 1 hostage.

The US doesnt hold any notable Palestinian prisoners, so any deal with Biden and Hamas wont go through

Ya man. Apparently she is legit so we'll see 👀

I've heard of her. She's the one who crashed an NRA convention by going through an unlocked side door, after Cancruz said only one entry for all schools after a recent school shooting (or something to that notion). Heard he was pissed! 😂😂 So yeah, what she has must be good. 👍

Listened to the audio. Big. Fat. Nothing. The pullquotes aren't even legit. Whole story is just an attempt at eyeballs, unless there's a magic word or two that I missed that's a gotcha. He's in public, answering questions of someone at some event. Looked in the comments on twitter....feeling seems to be the same. Nothing doing. smh

Listened to the audio. Big. Fat. Nothing. The pullquotes aren't even legit. Whole story is just an attempt at eyeballs, unless there's a magic word or two that I missed that's a gotcha. He's in public, answering questions of someone at some event. Looked in the comments on twitter....feeling seems to be the same. Nothing doing. smh
No, He is suppose to interpret the constitution on new issues and in many cases work off of precedent of prior SC judges who interpreted the constitution.

The radical right on the court being mad that the liberals on the court are calling them out on this is not the problem. He complains about Americans citizens eroded belief in the court and polarization but he and Thomas are the two biggest reasons why people are loss faith in the SC.

An empirical study on the standing doctrine (something that should be politically *neutral*) found that Alito voted 100% for conservatives and 100% against progressive litigants.

100%.

He’s a purely partisan judge. He does politics, not law. Why would people believe in the Court as a neutral arbiter when its members are blatant politicians?

The sad reality, though, is that the audio above won’t do anything. The outright partisanship isn’t a secret. People have known this for years, and simply don’t care. For conservatives, this is now a feature rather than a bug. This is essentially what the Federalist Society was created to do and now, unfortunately, has quite successfully done.

We need judicial reform asap, but it’s difficult when the judiciary decides on the separation of powers and has no incentive to limit their own power in any way.

I honestly this can’t be as embarassing as the time he was caught on camera trying to get oral sex from a random staffer in Borat 2, or the hair dye rolling down his head from sweat, or the RICO charges, or Four Seasons landscaping, or being shunned on masked singer….. basically this level of embarrassment is just a Monday for Rudy Giuliani at this point.

And then you get stuck inside because something bricked the car during an automatic software update.

Turning functioning breaks into a premium, month to month subscription, is some of Elon’s all time greatest scamming.

After 9/11, when every mainstream publication was praising Giuliani. The Source had the best take about Rudy, he’s a crooked, racist, tyrant and fact that he’s a hero, shows how messed up this country is.

Well, they were right. That article aged like a fine wine, and all the effusive praise he got from centrist and moderate publications has aged like, well, they’ve aged like Rudy Giuliani.

The difference between Donald Trump and Yung Thug?

Yung Thug pays his lawyers.

Back
Top Bottom