***Official Political Discussion Thread***

That New York polling data must really have everybody shook. The New York lieutenant Governor is calling for Biden to step aside.

Just days after Biden wrote the letter asking Democrats to stop the petty squabbling things have only gotten worse. I get it though, these Democrats up for election are thinking in their own self-interest and if they believe Biden is going to lose them their jobs It makes sense to call it out.

I would imagine these candidates have better, more accurate pulling data than we do and if they are worried, we should be worried as well. The whole "polls don't matter" mindset is just a coping mechanism.

Like I said, I fully expect Joe to continue running but the fact that so many Democrats are publicly worried says a lot.

Last edited:
ultimately I will vote for Kamala Harris holding Bidens urn if it means keeping trump out of office for good.

on a related note, a lot of the media, dem party, and folk are talking about this as if our democracy can afford to be stressed by the burden of another trump presidency "if dems can't get it together". This is arguably the only election in my life where my support is 100% unconditional. I dont need dems to figure any thing out other than not be Trump.
Stop making sense.

We don't do that here.

Like I said, if there are that many "undecided" voters who are willing to give this country up to Donald Trump and the clown cabinet, Americans who are pro-democracy were always underrepresented.

That New York polling data must really have everybody shook. The New York lieutenant Governor is calling for Biden to step aside.

Just days after Biden wrote the letter asking Democrats to stop the petty squabbling things have only gotten worse. I get it though, these Democrats up for election are thinking in their own self-interest and if they believe Biden is going to lose them their jobs It makes sense to call it out.

I would imagine these candidates have better, more accurate pulling data than we do and if they are worried, we should be worried as well. The whole "polls don't matter" mindset is just a coping mechanism.

Like I said, I fully expect Joe to continue running but the fact that so many Democrats are publicly worried says a lot.

Nancy telegraphed where this is going with the “let him get through the NATO summit.”

They’re going to get his nomination fast tracked next week, then drop the hammer to step down in force and replace him which would require 55 DNC officials and not the delegates. That’s the least messy option the Dem leadership sees at this point.

People like this seem to be under some delusion that the average person/voter has more than 2 braincells.
All that's going to play around in A LOT of voters' minds is that Biden's cognitive ability is running on its last legs.
They don’t need brain cells when Danny Ocean is telling them “but he’s old”.

People like this seem to be under some delusion that the average person/voter has more than 2 braincells.
All that's going to play around in A LOT of voters' minds is that Biden's cognitive ability is running on its last legs.

Exactly. Look at the last couple of Republican candidates, George w Bush and Donald Trump. Two objectively stupid people but they could engage with the average American. Democrats need to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

This is a joke but there's a lot of truth to this. Democrats can have the most eloquent, well reasoned argument by someone like Pete but Trump will make jokes and win.

In theory, a person that doesn't lean towards Trump should happily vote for a corpse over Trump.

Voting is as simple as looking at the positions of the various parties/candidates, examining the track records and then just voting for who you align with the most/hate the least.
Unfortunately a lot of people are too ignorant or lazy to do a simple logic exercise.
There is no such thing as "both sides are the same" or "it doesn't matter", that's just an excuse for ignorance.

In theory, a person that doesn't lean towards Trump should happily vote for a corpse over Trump.

Voting is as simple as looking at the positions of the various parties/candidates, examining the track records and then just voting for who you align with the most/hate the least.
Unfortunately a lot of people are too ignorant or lazy to do a simple logic exercise.
There is no such thing as "both sides are the same" or "it doesn't matter", that's just an excuse for ignorance.
The thing is people don’t want to vote for someone who isn’t going to hold the job.

Why did George Carlin have to be right? :lol: :smh:

Part of it is appealing to the lowest common denominator but you look at the last couple of two term Democratic presidential candidates, Obama and Clinton. They were both very smart but they're also great at retail politics and engaging with the average person. This is where candidates like Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Al Gore struggled. Biden was actually pretty good at this when he was younger.

This is why I think someone like Wes Moore would be the ideal Democratic candidate for president in 2028 (frankly he would be a good candidate now). Young, black guy, very active physically, not only is he smart but he is great at retail politics and engaging with people from different walks of life.

Last edited:
Lol

Because Trump will. The amazing thing about this entire exchange is how much we have collectively forgotten about Trump as a president and the daily BS we were subjected to. Dude tried to deflect a hurricane with a sharpie.
By a 2:1 margin Americans believe Donald Trump can finish a 4-year term. I don’t even know what you’re arguing about. Orange man bad. Yes, we all know. You’re preaching to the choir. Running a campaign is a different issue when the average American sees a stark difference between the two candidates.

The thing is people don’t want to vote for someone who isn’t going to hold the job.

And that’s the problem.. for his health concerns, Biden currently holds the job and whomever has done a great job cleaning up a mess in spite of republicans doing their best to stand in their way, even surprisingly admittedly so

And that’s the problem.. for his health concerns, Biden currently holds the job and whomever has done a great job cleaning up a mess in spite of republicans doing their best to stand in their way, even surprisingly admittedly so
What mess has he cleaned up in the past two years? The accomplishments end right around the cognitive drop-off 18 mos ago. He’s been doing piss poor in MI all year because of his disastrous handling of Israel/Palestine. The inflation that was supposedly migratory has gone up another 4+% since the end of 2022. No major legislation has been passed. It became clear the border situation is far worse than Biden admitted for 2+ years. Where are the winners in 2023-24?

Summer of 2022 was a great run for Biden, but the lack of wins lines up with the declining number and quality of public appearances over the past two years. He needed to make up ground with the debate and shift the focus to his early term wins and his opponent’s failures. He can’t articulate either well, his press shop is drowning in his mess, his interviews have done nothing to improve his standing with the American public, his big donor pool has shrunk to a bathtub. He doesn’t look like a strong president, a strong campaigner, or even a healthy person.

By a 2:1 margin Americans believe Donald Trump can finish a 4-year term. I don’t even know what you’re arguing about. Orange man bad. Yes, we all know. You’re preaching to the choir. Running a campaign is a different issue when the average American sees a stark difference between the two candidates.

This is the interesting part about this thread. Literally every single person in this thread is voting for Biden. All of us would vote for Joe even if he were comatose. The issue is that the American electorate is stupid, we have already established this.

While Trump is a demented, megalomaniac who isn't all the way there mentally I would still bet money that he will More likely to be alive in 4 years than Joe. That doesn't really matter to me, I would much rather have a Democrat die in office and have the VP take over than a Republican but having a president survive their term is very valuable to the average American.

This is the interesting part about this thread. Literally every single person in this thread is voting for Biden. All of us would vote for Joe even if he were comatose. The issue is that the American electorate is stupid, we have already established this.

While Trump is a demented, megalomaniac who isn't all the way there mentally I would still bet money that he will More likely to be alive in 4 years than Joe. That doesn't really matter to me, I would much rather have a Democrat die in office and have the VP take over than a Republican but having a president survive their term is very valuable to the average American.
I dunno, I take issue with calling the American electorate stupid for wanting to elect someone who can do the job day and night for four years when they’re staring at someone who can’t.

That’s why this has become the flip side of the maga coin. You have to dumb yourself down to think it’s ok to elect a guy staring into space and being shuffled places by his handlers. This isn’t the local dog catcher race.

What polling shows is even if the president is evil or puts policy in place Americans don’t like, that’s a bar above being competent enough to do those things.

Trump hasn’t even been doing the job of campaigning, he’s playing golf most days and then going to his rallies periodically

Biden literally just spoke to NATO allies

What mess has he cleaned up in the past two years? The accomplishments end right around the cognitive drop-off 18 mos ago. He’s been doing piss poor in MI all year because of his disastrous handling of Israel/Palestine. The inflation that was supposedly migratory has gone up another 4+% since the end of 2022. No major legislation has been passed. It became clear the border situation is far worse than Biden admitted for 2+ years. Where are the winners in 2023-24?

Summer of 2022 was a great run for Biden, but the lack of wins lines up with the declining number and quality of public appearances over the past two years. He needed to make up ground with the debate and shift the focus to his early term wins and his opponent’s failures. He can’t articulate either well, his press shop is drowning in his mess, his interviews have done nothing to improve his standing with the American public, his big donor pool has shrunk to a bathtub. He doesn’t look like a strong president, a strong campaigner, or even a healthy person.

And yet republicans are campaigning on things they voted against

And also trump routinely takes credit for the record highs in the stock market

I dunno, I take issue with calling the American electorate stupid for wanting to elect someone who can do the job day and night for four years when they’re staring at someone who can’t.

That’s why this has become the flip side of the maga coin. You have to dumb yourself down to think it’s ok to elect a guy staring into space and being shuffled places by his handlers. This isn’t the local dog catcher race.

What polling shows is even if the president is evil or puts policy in place Americans don’t like, that’s a bar above being competent enough to do those things.

I agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather Joe survive and being good health for the next 4 years but if the decision is between Joe Biden dying or being incapacitated in office versus another 4 years of Trump, I would much rather have Joe on his deathbed.

I understand why it's important to most Americans and I think most people in this thread don't get this.

Back
Top Bottom