***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Based on what I’m seeing on democratic underground and other spaces dominated by older dems that vote this will happen if we can’t unify in a hurry. They are angry about what’s going on with Joe and might sit out if not handled properly.

They are full of **** and shouldn't be taken seriously.

the idea that commited democratic partisans are goingt o sit out an election with donald trump on ticket
because the democratic party refused to support an 81 year old candidate 75% of the party thinks is too old to be president and is in cognitive decline?

it's absurd, and no one should listen to them or coddle them.

What sense does that make? Lets protest by losing the election?
It makes no sense but it didn’t in 2016 either and that’s what got us Trump. The argument is that there was an actual primary where 14 million votes were cast for Joe and if people had an issue with him running contenders should’ve went through the primary and beat him there. I don’t agree with them but we have to be prepared and whomever is the candidate will have to get folks united in a hurry.

We saw how the Bernie was cheated folks acted when he actually lost a primary and wasn’t close to winning. We heard all about corporate democrats and others “stacking” the deck against Bernie. Most voted for Hillary but just enough voted for Jill Stein to cost us the election. Margins will be close again and we can’t afford to lose too many votes so if Joe is replaced it will have to look like it’s on his terms and he will likely have to campaign with the nominee to calm people down.

Last edited:
Do you know anyone personally that voted for Biden that wouldn't vote for Harris?

Yes. Multiple. It may be dumb, but it is what it is. I’ve tried to persuade some but NT continues to doubt how much inherent bias many hold towards women and people of color.

It makes no sense but it didn’t in 2016 either and that’s what got us Trump. The argument is that there was an actual primary where 14 million votes were cast for Joe and if people had an issue with him running contenders should’ve went through the primary and beat him there. I don’t agree with them but we have to be prepared and whomever is the candidate will have to get folks united in a hurry.

We saw how the Bernie was cheated folks acted when he actually lost a primary and wasn’t close to winning. We heard all about corporate democrats and others “stacking” the deck against Bernie. Most voted for Hillary but just enough voted for Jill Stein to cost us the election. Margins will be close again and we can’t afford to lose too many votes so if Joe is replaced it will have to look like it’s on his terms and he will likely have to campaign with the nominee to calm people down.

This. The American electorate often doesn’t “make sense” and yet that’s who votes in elections.

You can say “oh don’t pay any mind to those dumb old folks who take offense to one of their own being snipped from the ticket. They don’t matter.” But the fact of the matter is they are voters, and losing their votes could hurt. You may have extremists who feel similarly about Kamala and her chances, and if you replace “old” with “POC” in the sentence above, how would you respond to them? It’s ridiculous, yes, but it’s America.

I think Dems are in a tough, tough spot right now. A healthy Biden is the best chance, imo, but it doesn’t appear that’s what we’re going to get. The party can’t pass up on Kamala, or you’d lose an important block of voters. But can Kamala turn enough people out in swing states? I have my significant doubts, and again can only hope to be proven wrong.

Joe, Kamala, Pete, Newsom, Booker....it don't matter to me. I am voting against the felon.

shrug-whiz-khalifa.gif

Sorry to inform everyone but America isn’t electing Kamala. Let’s be serious here. Joe steps down and you may as well hand the presidency to Trump. I seriously cant even believe Joe stepping down is an actual storyline 4 months before the election. I want off this timeline immediately.

Tell me about it.

Republicans know they want Joe to step aside because Kamala would be an easy W no matter how good she performs.

The country will not put a woman as president.

One of the most unpopular candidates of all time with numerous scandals under her belt still needed an October surprise (among other things) to cost her the election, and Tim Kaine offered nothing on the ballot. AND SHE STILL WON THE POPULAR VOTE.

Kamala and Roy Cooper is formidable. Biden was about to get smoked and everyone who has been paying attention knew it. I’m def not doom and gloom here given she’ll actually campaign and have a white dude from a swing state with a positive reputation in his home state on the ballot. And Trump is one of the least popular politicians of all time.

I get the blanket statements about a Black woman and this country but we shall see. Don’t think it’s applicable here.

Last edited:
You cannot tell me that musk isn't pushing nonsense on X, I keep getting "Brave" souls who were former Leftists who have found the light :rolleyes and are now supporting Trump and how they are so happy to be "out of the closet" no **** that's what one of them said.

How brave!

Kinda related

I'm so sick of seeing these clips of Shane Gillis and Adam Ray dressed as Trump and Biden

Muted/not interested at least a dozen different accounts posting the same clips with the same captions

Back
Top Bottom