***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I am pretty sure Obama and Bernie will endorse Kamala, possibly at the DNC. I do think the rumors Obama wanted an open primary are true, but at this point it’s pointless not to do it, except to give people something to talk about at the DNC. The same goes for Bernie.

Republicans had Hulk Hogan, Kid Rock and Amber Rose. Democrats will be Bernie Sanders, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton. Biden will likely give a speech as well and then they pass it to Kamala. Bill might jump in there too.

All parts of the big tent party seem content to work together to make sure Kamala gets the win.

I would not be surprised if Bill Clinton, who is a superb story teller, will more or less string together Democratic Party milestones in social justice since World War II or since the New Deal. I think he’ll focus on race and economics, all though he’ll focus on race moreso. He’ll leave labor and economic issues to others.

Hillary will do the women’s milestone angle.

I think that Bernie may not talk about economics as much as we’re all guessing he would, he’ll leave more of that to AOC and labor leaders (Chris Smalls I think Bernie will talk about direct action, student protests, the Jewish experience in the Democratic Party and he’ll obliquely try to hammer out a peace treaty among factions in the Democratic Party with regard to Israel and Gaza.

AOC will make a more direct appeal to young people. She’ll talk about climate and intersectionality, I’m guessing.

Obama will talk somewhat about race but the thrust of his speech will be about a kid with a “funny name” having the audacity to be president and he’ll dust off “yes, we can.”

Oh, we can’t forget MOST of the Kennedy family being there and a young Kennedy giving a speech about JFK and Democratic Party unity.

Arnold may make an appearance to talk about the American and California Dream.

I could picture Buttigieg giving us a lesson in urban planning, its racist influences, and how to correct it. I could also image a lot of digs at Vance and his extremely narrow definition of family.

I assume that the white dude VP will primarily make a pitch to non college whites. The VP will do the tradition VP role of going negative so the nominee can close on a positive speech. I imagine that they will lay out a vision of what would happen if Trump-Vance wins.

Ironically, I’ve got no idea what direction Harris’ acceptance speech will go but I know it will be optimistic and aspirational.

It’s gonna be fun. The 2016 convention felt like a forced marriage and obviously 2020 was surreal and lacked the intensity of an in-person convention.

In 2024, we are unified, confident, and the contrast with the GOP will never have been greater. It’ll be one for the ages.

the fact that these are headlines related to a vice presidential candidate is INSANE. 2024 election might be the most consequential comedic joke in history

the AP having to fact check whether or not vance should be allowed within 100 yards of an ikea :rofl:

Screen Shot 2024-07-25 at 1.10.45 AM.png

Well he's clearly giving Biden and Kamala their time and as @biggie62 this isn't some new pattern Obama is showing. They want the big dog to drop it to go with the convention boost. Let's not overthink this

They got 100 days.. they can sprinkle something/someone new every couple days to keep the positive momentum going and feeding positive talking points to the media

So even if the media tries to make a big thing of something, could just drop another domino

Like Kendrick having his family in the vid.. or having the concert on prime.. ain’t gotta play all your cards at once

She already got the Beyoncé approval for the song.. and gotta assume there will be an event with Beyoncé herself just like certain other artists (Taylor swift, Olivia Rodrigo posted something and charli xcx)

Maggie and Katy tur were specifically named in trump’s trial, zero clue how either still has a job with a reputable entity

Back
Top Bottom