***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The pandemic money is a bit of a misnomer too. It’s 2024, we’re 3 years out from that whopping $1400 of aid. Most of the pandemic money being discussed was actually the wealthiest 5% of Americans being able to slash their personal budgets by 20-30% that year, not to mention the lack of travel. Wages for the type of consumer who was getting govt checks during covid still haven’t caught up to inflation. We look at these aggregate models showing wages catching up, but they don’t break down for who. So it’s really like the floor falling out from underneath the lowest quartile of earners.

And I strongly disagree with the transitory nature of this inflation run, especially since that doesn’t address the unchecked price increases large corporations put in place under the guise of inflation but are now permanent.

That's a mischaracterization of the pandemic money when you refer to $1,400 checks. It was PPP, saving money working from home, not being able to buy things you want due to inventory shortages, lower mortgage payments from refinancing.

The price increases were going to be permanent because people could afford the increases because the root causes were supply shortages. Supply had to catch up with demand so we had new equilibrium prices to balance supply and demand.

I think it comes down to what you think is the root cause of the inflation - too much demand or too little supply.

Look at housing and why it’s so expensive. Interest is just making it worse. The dude is a dumbass just hurting people even more.

Housing stopped being built because his dumb *** keeps interest high. Builders are literally laying off everyone and saying we aren’t building in this economy.

Housing is still going to remain high even if it’s being built because investors, REITs, and other funds will be buying up 90% of stock. More building isn’t going to stop the cash buyers.

Damn Cheryl …..that’s what you like huh

IMG_8823.gif

IMG_8824.gif
He has to do a season where he meets Cheryl’s new husband who is a parody of RFK and the ******* that causes.

Housing is still going to remain high even if it’s being built because investors, REITs, and other funds will be buying up 90% of stock. More building isn’t going to stop the cash buyers.

That’s kind of my point, the people who are buying are being screwed for no reason and it’s also slowing the industry leaving people jobless and none of it will make them cheaper so why the high interest?

That’s kind of my point, the people who are buying are being screwed for no reason and it’s also slowing the industry leaving people jobless and none of it will make them cheaper so why the high interest?

Being it slows down he appreciation of assets. The damage of 09-2022 in terms of asset growth is insane. We basically had 3 decades of growth in 15 years. This will set the younger generation back severely.

Maybe I’m out of touch but I can’t see the point of watching other people play video games. Except for like strategy help.

my guess is Gen Z and younger I think a lot of them grew up watching siblings or parents play video games.
so watching someone play I think is a normal form of entertainment.

my little brother, was like that,

dude called them weird and that did it. :lol:

he's a good governor who actually does progressive things, we have vacation days here state mandated and it's illegal for the company to ask why you need it off, free school lunch, legal green cost of living is good and good jobs. dude isn't some elitist prick like newsom sitting in the French laundry partying while he vetos pro worker stuff while the state is shut down from covid.

Are thoughts on the future of home ownership in Florida re:natural disasters/home insurance a political topic?

Anyone live there?

Back
Top Bottom