***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What's happening? The Daily Mail turning on Trump?
To be clear I don't think anyone needs to be humble generally

But if I had been totally 100% wrong about the biggest political question of the last decade.

And the person who I said was "terrible at politics" and I constantly insulted their political knowledge, was correct.

I think moving forward I would be a little bit more humble when I was dealing with said person.
You weren't 100% right though.
You wanted Harris to be challenged during the Dem convention, and those who didn't want Biden to step down argued that it was a bad idea. Thankfully, that didn't happen.
Also, for all the "senile Biden" his opposition pushed, he was in the background brokering a significant hostage deal.

What's happening? The Daily Mail turning on Trump?

You weren't 100% right though.
You wanted Harris to be challenged during the Dem convention, and those who didn't want Biden to step down argued that it was a bad idea. Thankfully, that didn't happen.
Also, for all the "senile Biden" his opposition pushed, he was in the background brokering a significant hostage deal.

:rofl:

Exactly what i wanted to happen, happened and it's working out perfectly.

I said she shouldn't be handed the nomination there should be some kind of open process,

She wasn't handed the nomination, the process was open.

I said as long she performs well she will crush and win the nomination easily.

She performed well, people declined to challenger because of that and thus won the nomination.

I said the fundraising would be no problem and as soon a she was the nominee, they would have no fundraising problems. This happened.

Look I've had some good takes and some bad takes. For example, my guy RustyShackleford RustyShackleford was 100% correct about Tim Scott, I was wrong. He wilted under the spotlight.

But
I was 100% correct about this, and you were catastrophically wrong. Which is fine we all get stuff wrong.

But I don't want to hear **** about how I'm "horrible at politics" at least for a month or two. :lol:

At least give me that.

Also I never said Biden was incapable of being president, I think he's been a great president. I said he's incapable of RUNNING for president.

I was right about that, you were absurdly, catastrophically wrong. It happens sometimes to the best of us.

She just needs to stay this course for 80ish more day. I believe she can.
IMG_3223.gif

:rofl:

Exactly what i wanted to happen, happened and it's working out perfectly.

I said she shouldn't be handed the nomination there should be some kind of open process,

She wasn't handed the nomination, the process was open.
She was handed the nomination because that's the only way Biden's campaign apparatus wouldn't have gone to waste.

Meanwhile, you were talking about Manchin challenging her for it as a sacrificial lamb:

I said as long she performs well she will crush and win the nomination easily.

She performed well, people declined to challenger because of that and thus won the nomination.
This is fan fiction.

Other candidates declined to challenge her because they understood that it was more important to rally around the consensus candidate. She hadn't held a single debate/rally before Biden's decision dropped, and she didn't do anything to secure the endorsement of the delegates.

(See section on abbreviated convention)

The above is exactly how I and others suggested the transition should go in order to not give the impression that the Democratic party was in chaos.

Were you right to suggest that Biden should step down? Yes. However, I don't think the Democratic party would enjoy the jolt in enthusiasm we're witnessing if they tried to squeeze another primary in the last 100 days like you wanted.

She was handed the nomination because that's the only way Biden's campaign apparatus wouldn't have gone to waste.

Meanwhile, you were talking about Manchin challenging her for it as a sacrificial lamb:
ADVERTISEMENT
The party leaders Obama, Pelosi called for an open process they didn't hand her the nominations. they didn't all instantly endorse her.​
Kamala herself said she would "earn" the endorsement.

1723324694072.png

1723324711323.png

1000036112.jpg

And like I said as long as she didn't do anything insane she was going to get it easily. And she performed really well and showed great skill behind the scenes winning the nomination.

It's not fan fiction. The only fan fiction here is you trying to reframe a disastrous call "Biden should stay in" as a victory.

You were insanely wrong. You should self reflect on what in your thinking led you to such disastrously bad decision.

Instead of coping to me on the sneaker forum :lol:

Back
Top Bottom