***Official Political Discussion Thread***

My take on Gen Z and their online culture breaks down to two things:

1.) They have the most resources of any generation to fact check political and social claims. They have more cultural competency due to YouTube and streaming (for example, my 20 year old students will sometimes quote “The Sopranos” at me because they binged it a few years ago during the pandemic).

They are more accepting of different lifestyles and they are the most racially diverse generation in US History.

2.) they are still kids and will be posting cringe for a few more years.

They are like 20 somethings from any previous generation but they have smartphones and an algorithm to disperse any cringe posting.

In a few years, as the oldest ones approach 30, they will be a powerful left wing political force.

————

Harris-Walz should promise reparations for people in the criminal-legal system due to them exercising their bodily autonomy.

It’s not just the right position morally, but it will change behavior at the local level right now.

What a title.

PARIS — Ariana Ramsey won an Olympic bronze medal with the U.S. women’s rugby team here last week. A few days later, something almost as exciting happened: She got a pap smear. For free.

“Like, what?” she said in a post on TikTok describing her new discovery: The Olympic Village offers free healthcare.

The United States, of course, does not. So in the days following her victory, Ramsey made appointments with the Village gynecologist, dentist and ophthalmologist. According to the Paris 2024 organizing committee, the Village also offers cardiology, orthopedics, physiotherapy, psychology, podiatry and, of course, sports medicine—all at no cost to the athletes. (Paralympic athletes will also have access to dermatology.)

Back
Top Bottom