***Official Political Discussion Thread***

:sick:
IMG_3362.jpeg

I did not say that.

The US can do plenty to redirect Israel's policy. What's naive is pretending that it won't come at a cost, either internally or externally.

I don't subscribe to the notion that this country is omnipotent. We have a lot of tools, but using them bears consequences that I'm not sure certain folks take into account when demand certain things.

Pretending that Jewish voters (who mostly support Democrats) won't turn on a dime if drastic action is taken by us against Israel (especially if such action results in an assault by any of Israel enemies) is short-sided. They may oppose Israel's actions, but they have families/friends down there too.

TL;DR: the things pro-Palestinian protesters want can't be had right now (before the election) if they also care about Kamala being elected. We all know who the alternative is going to be, and what he thinks of a Palestinian state.

It isn't naivety to oppose this genocidal war and still support the ticket. I know whoever will be president will still be the CEO of Western Imperialism and all the Geo-politics that come with it-- I simply don't care for it. I may not know all of the intricate relationships that depend on this unilateral support, but it will not scale in being more important than a human life for me.

Israelis and jewish voters have a right to foment backlash about whatever it is that they want, I'm not going to base my concerns on what might or might not aggravate them. The choice may not be easy, but it is simple, either the admin supports genocide or it doesn't. Pretending that it's more complicated than that is also nonsense imo and the admin runs the risk of gaslighting their supporters by leading with that, if that's how they chose to frame it

It isn't naivety to oppose this genocidal war and still support the ticket. I know whoever will be president will still be the CEO of Western Imperialism and all the Geo-politics that come with it-- I simply don't care for it. I may not know all of the intricate relationships that depend on this unilateral support, but it will not scale in being more important than a human life for me.

Israelis and jewish voters have a right to foment backlash about whatever it is that they want, I'm not going to base my concerns on what might or might not aggravate them. The choice may not be easy, but it is simple, either the admin supports genocide or it doesn't. Pretending that it's more complicated than that is also nonsense imo and the admin runs the risk of gaslighting their supporters by leading with that, if that's how they chose to frame it

I was just thinking about how it is crazy how many U.S. voters do not understand how much American politics actually impacts who dies or lives abroad. So yes, your government's election is vital to our lives too. The individualistic mindset in these Western societies is one of its biggest downfalls.

There's this American exceptionalism which I think makes some U.S. voters think about they only need to care about their lives, when they are actually just on average barely making it living paycheck to paycheck, and do not have universal healthcare, building cop cities across America, etc. on top of myriad of issues in their propped white supremacism, patriarchal, capitalist, racial caste system.

Some folks just don't see the systems set up through the colonial, imperialist lens, and are willing to settle for breadcrumbs because at least somehow they are 'safer' than others.

It'll actually start with the U.S./Western hegemon that needs to fall, and making sure the rest of the imperialist powers do too, because we now have the tools and understanding to chip away at it, and consciousness to not accept our world being uprooted and destroyed by these maniacal elites.

But all good, all about victim mentality and privileges used as proximity to powers used as survival to stay on top of others in this world's pecking order.

You don't solve problems by establishing your own arbitrary set of variables and deriving solutions from them. You use the variables that present themselves to you and draw conclusions from there.

Politics and geopolitics are concepts born from the fact that no individual and no human organization (nation-state/kingdom/society) are self-sufficient. Unlike national politics, leaders of human societies have decided that the use of coercion, force, trickery is justifiable in order to access, control, and distribute the resources their societies need in order to survive. The alternative to this is a world government that works with a global set of laws respected by all and uniformly enforced, and no country on this planet, from the strongest to the weakest, will relinquish their sovereignty to make war/conflict obsolete. You can find plenty of writings explaining why the UN doesn't have a standing military.

You can feel free to ignore it; but if you're gonna weigh in on how your government should conduct its foreign policy, you cannot ignore any of the above. The reality in which all nations operate is one in which a certain amount of deaths is acceptable in order to achieve their own goals.

The choice is easy, but the implementation of that choice is complex and dependent on timing (which is a function of way too many variables that the administration may or may not control): make the "right" decision at the wrong time, and the outcome may be one that will impact your country negatively.

Any candidate who pretends that the above can simply be ignored in the name of good feels and expediency is not one you want in power, because they do not appreciate the potential extent of the decisions they will be called to make during their term.

Real capitalism is when business leaders abandon their fiduciary duties and use private capital as a prop for a cosplay of an Ayn Rand protagonist.

What? How is the search for neverending profits not capitalist?

Who put a microphone in front of Ben, and how does he have so many listeners?

Back
Top Bottom