***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don't understand the insistence on calling it fear mongering.

It's not like the guy is promising to not do more of the stuff he did during his last term, and it's not like the content of Trump's agenda is being exaggerated either.

I can't remember who said it (may have been on Why is this happening), but in comparing the rise of the French electorate against the legislative victory of the far-right to our apathy to Trump's last term, that person made the observation that Americans have never known a political systems other than democracy. The French (and pretty much any old country) know what dictatorships, monarchies, and everything in between look like, and the lack of cultural memory about what the transition between these systems looks like is giving Americans a false sense of safety about the permanence of our democracy.
My thing is, we all know how terrible Trump is. There's nothing anyone can say about him that would be earth shattering news. We all get it. Buy constantly harping on how terrible he is, is not an effective strategy if you're trying to give people who are undecided a legit reason to vote for you. I would like for the Dems to give specifics on how they plan to improve the economy.

My thing is, we all know how terrible Trump is. There's nothing anyone can say about him that would be earth shattering news. We all get it. Buy constantly harping on how terrible he is, is not an effective strategy if you're trying to give people who are undecided a legit reason to vote for you. I would like for the Dems to give specifics on how they plan to improve the economy.
Harris just gave a big speech about it, Trump did one recently too

The news has been covering both a lot, and comparing them

Economist have been on major networks talking about it

Plus, what undecided voters? You can't be talking about yourself because you already said you are not voting Dem because they respect gay and trans people

30562042.gif

It's important to remind folks how terrible trump and the republicans are. That's been the dems biggest mistake not talking enough about how a republican ran country will be awful.
Also, what exactly are you expecting them to say regarding the economy? What additional improvements are you expecting that they haven't already been working on?

Plus, what undecided voters? You can't be talking about yourself because you already said you are not voting Dem because they respect gay and trans people
This aint about me.There are still a lot of undecided voters out there. Don't make the mistake of thinking that Dems have this election in the bag. Let 2016 be a lesson.

If Hillary had won years back, would they have called Bill “First Gentleman”?

Or would they always call him Former President?

I get that. It's just that "fear mongering" implies that what Trump promises to do is manageable.

It ain't. It shouldn't be a contest. His agenda alone should be enough to get people to vote against it.

Oh right, he did say that. So he's just basically being fake critical of the dnc...

Back
Top Bottom