***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I worked with the state legislature in Texas for over 20 years..... there were some tenants that moved onto the same floor as my office. I get on the elevator one day, and it Karl Rove going up to our floor. I couldn't believe it, turns out he was the new tenant next door..... the lifelong Democrat in me wanted to HATE the guy. It didn't take long.... but he's one of the coolest guys once you get to talking to him. I've mentioned it before over the years... and I have had multiple people say the same thing. One guy told me a friend of his invited Rove to lunch, and he wanted to take off before Rove arrived... ended up spending a few hours there, and said he's never misjudged a book by it's cover like that.

I have never met someone you think you're gonna despise, but they win you over like this. Pretty charismatic, his personality doesn't fit his look if that makes sense.

Funny part.. one day me and a co-worker are walking towards my building, and Rove is walking the opposite direction on the sidewalk... I nod and say what's up, Rove doesn't even acknowledge me.... mentioned it to someone and they said he has to do that when he is out and about, especially in Austin, cause he's had people be like, "hey Carl..... go fu&# yourself!", people even throwing drinks on him... so he just keeps it moving.

He apparently despises Donald Trump and what the Republican Party has become. This guy is a political assassin, he's just paid by the other team.

Last edited:

You can tell that JD Vance is the, "I'm JD Vance, so what do you do for a living?" type of small talker. So it is awkward when the person works at a bakery and he doesn't know any other way to make small talk.

He asked them how long they worked there because he couldn't ask them what they do for a living 🤦🏿‍♂️🤣

You can tell that JD Vance is the, "I'm JD Vance, so what do you do for a living?" type of small talker. So it is awkward when the person works at a bakery and he doesn't know any other way to make small talk.

He asked them how long they worked there because he couldn't ask them what they do for a living 🤦🏿‍♂️🤣
He wanted to hit them with the hello fellow students but he used that line at the previous stop

Read up on this Mellon guy whose grandfather made a fortune in banking during the roaring 20s.
What's crazy is that the money from his unregulated banking business still allows them to influence politics 100 years later.
This is why it is of utmost importance that we start regulating big tech and their tech oligarchs like Musk and Bezos. If we dont we will be dealing with their screwed up politics 100 years from now.

High recommend look at her tweet and seeing the responses and her getting defensive

Last edited:
I believe Chris Cuomo's observations about the money involved in the DNC convention are accurate. It's unrealistic to claim that you're going to regulate the very entities pouring in the funds—it's a joke. Ultimately, neither party truly prioritizes the blue-collar middle class. From one extreme idea of imposing high tariffs on imports to another even more misguided proposal to tax property gains (just on value) and capital gains at over 40%, it feels like we're headed for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom