***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Who in here is denying that it is not possible Trump can win though?

I've seen like one person do that.

i think the reaction to the nytimes column,' acting like its an insane argument that donald trump could focus on character attacks and paint Kamala as an unprincipled flip flopper / phony and win.

imo implies you don't think Donald Trump has a good chance of winning.

Who cares though? :lol:

it was an awful looking interview, the way they had her positioned, she looked super hunched over and small,
the color pallete is awful, dark and dour, sapped all the energy out of her.
her answers were fine but the hard lighting, her posture imo made everything come off worse.

hopefully people just focus on the substance, but as like pure visual media content, it looked horrible.

maybe because im in media so i care,
hopefully no one else does.

it was an awful looking interview, the way they had her positioned, she looked super hunched over and small,
her answers were fine but the hard lighting, her posture imo made everything come off worse.

hopefully people just focus on the substance, but as like pure visual media content, it looked horrible.

Interested in how you got into media? Some kids I mentor are wanting to pursue medis type careers and I have no idea.

People being more concerned about the “visual” instead of the subject matter, is exactly what the problem is with our society

i think the reaction to the nytimes column,' acting like its an insane argument that donald trump could focus on character attacks and paint Kamala as an unprincipled flip flopper / phony and win.

imo implies you don't think Donald Trump has a good chance of winning.
I think you are reaching a bit here

I think people have either issues with NYT, they used another clickbait title, and people had a negative reaction to that and didn't really grapple with the substance of it.

Yeah people should have read the article, you even mentioned that.

But this argument you are making here seems to people read the article, dismissed it completely, and in turn are dismissing Trump's chances

Yeah, doesn't seem to me like what is happening in here generally.

I know given your field you would care about such stuff

But I think no swing or persuadable voter is gonna base their vote on it

I think you are reaching a bit here

I think people have either issues with NYT, they used another clickbait title, and people had a negative reaction to that and didn't really grapple with the substance of it.

Yeah people should have read the article, you even mentioned that.

But this argument you are making here seems to people read the article, dismissed it completely, and in turn are dismissing Trump's chances

Yeah, doesn't seem to me like what is happening in here generally.

if im reaching fine, maybe im just around too many hyped up liberals,

i get the feeling there is a 2016 like overconfidence setting in.

but i could be wrong.

college -->film school --> internship --> media job.

if i'm being honest, you need some kind of privilege to be able to work for free or low wages as an intern.
My 24 year old cousin's works in Hollywood.

I feel so bad for her

1 hour commute each way. To make 20/hr, working over 60 hrs a week, dealing with *******s all day. If you are lucky you might land a place with good benefits and paths for upward mobility. But so many young kids get burned out of lower level jobs quickly

So much of Hollywood is based on over working cheap labor.

Then a production gets cancelled, or a show doesn't get picked up, or the wrong executive gets fired and she loses her job.

She is so smart. She could go work for Goldman and be rich in 10 years. But it is her passion so I send her money when I can and hope things work out for her.

if im reaching fine, maybe im just around too many hyped up liberals,

i get the feeling there is a 2016 like overconfidence setting in.

but i could be wrong.
Maybe my opinion is influenced from what I am seeing to honestly

I work with the state party and volunteer in Nevada

People still terrified from what I have seen. Hopefully, but hardly anyone seems overconfident.

Maybe my opinion is influenced from what I am seeing to honestly

I work with the state party and volunteer in Nevada

People still terrified from what I have seen. Hopefully, but hardly anyone seems overconfident.
I'm hearing the same in my volunteer efforts. Folks are working hard but I don't see the same malaise and overconfidence I saw back in 2016. Folks are scared and working like their lives depend on it which is good.

My 24 year old cousin's works in Hollywood.

I feel so bad for her

1 hour commute each way. To make 20/hr, working over 60 hrs a week, dealing with *******s all day. If you are lucky you might land a place with good benefits and paths for upward mobility. But so many young kids get burned out of lower level jobs quickly

So much of Hollywood is based on over working cheap labor.

Then a production gets cancelled, or a show doesn't get picked up, or the wrong executive gets fired and she loses her job.

She is so smart. She could go work for Goldman and be rich in 10 years. But it is her passion so I send her money when I can and hope things work out for her.

the on set union life is an grind im def not built for it. i hate being on set unless im directing.

i remember the local union came to our film school, and said the divorce rate for camera trainees is sky high,
he basically said if you have a partner best to break up now, or be ready to never see them untill you work your way up. :lol:

but if she's doing post production or development stuff of finds herself in canada, feel free to dm me, im happy to help if i can.
I know Kendrick says we're not black, but im always happy to help.

since the conservative columnist from the NYTimes triggered people.

here is a progressive columnist making the case for Trump winning.

The best part of the article:

Read is skeptical that this “dip**** outreach” will pay off, since many of the listeners to these programs are not just low-propensity voters—they are actually too young to vote.

Imaging Trump, Vance, et al. learning Skibidi Toilet Lore, all to persuade voters who can’t vote until 2028.

In all seriousness, the EC always gives Trump a chance to win and their campaign’s best bet is to try to get as many low trust voters onboard as possible and then hope that enough suburban normie whites vote for Trump under the promise of Trump making burger cheaper.

the on set union life is an grind im def not built for it. i hate being on set unless im directing.

i remember the local union came to our film school, and said the divorce rate for camera trainees is sky high,
he basically said if you have a partner best to break up now, or be ready to never see them untill you work your way up. :lol:

but if she's doing post production or development stuff of finds herself in canada, feel free to dm me, im happy to help if i can.
I know Kendrick says we're not black, but im always happy to help.
Have you seen more opportunities in media in the 51st state of Canada over the years? I remember hearing that shows like the Famous Jett Jackson opened up the door for more US based programming to film in Canada (Ontario and BC in particular).

Have you seen more opportunities in media in the 51st state of Canada over the years? I remember hearing that shows like the Famous Jett Jackson opened up the door for more US based programming to film in Canada (Ontario and BC in particular).

def stay in america.

they shoot things in Canada because it's cheaper, and because of the strength of the US dollar vs CAD and the various tax credits.
but the industry is still smaller.

also you'd have to live in Vancouver or Toronto where cost of living is super high and housing is expensive.

might as well stay in LA.

Back
Top Bottom