***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I mean I know people who didn’t like her in the 2020 primaries as being too aggressive and too much on attack mode.
That probably has more to do with her being a woman than anything :lol:

There’s no point in aggressively attacking Trump because he lies a mile a minute. If you want to rattle him you gotta make him feel like the insignificant little man he is

What are everyone’s expectations of the debate?

My thoughts follows.

1. Like every Trump debate he will be graded on a curve and never on substance. He will make things up and lie throughout.

2. Kamala has to focus on her policies and how they will improve the lives of every day folks. If it looks like the moderators lose control of Trump she needs to go off script and start every response with, “If he’s talking he’s lying” and then go into her response.

3. Kamala will be more prepared than Joe but she needs to focus on creating soundbites and going after Trump. She should look at Ossoff and Gillum and how they focused on sound bites that people remember.

1. Correct

2. I like it, but I don't think the "if he's talking he's lying" thing is enough because everybody knows he lies. I think it may need to be more pointed. She'll have to have a way to say "You said x in 2023 and then y in 2024, so you lied", or otherwise give specifics of his hypocrisies and broken promises like Mayor Pete does.

3. Agreed on the soundbites. They're still selling gear with the childless cat lady stuff on store.kamalaharris.com

I think it's an impossible task to debate someone who is not only "graded on a curve", but instead he's not really graded at all. Think about it, the only true way he would get any negative press, is if he said very little. That's it. That's the only way. Otherwise, he can just do his gish gallop **** as usual, the televised media will sane-wash him and the owned-by-billionaires media will aide him with 1000% absurd headlines.

Moderator:"Won't the effect of a [policy decision] wind up being [disastrous outcome for 95% of Americans]?"
Trump: "Well if you let her become president everybody will be raped by mexican immigrants and white people will be enslaved by the end of her first year in office. If you wanna be raped, vote for her. She's going to go from indian to black to her race being 'rape'. "
Moderator: "..........."

Next day press: "Will a vote for Kamala result in your grandparents being raped by M-13 gang members? We asked some experts"

What are everyone’s expectations of the debate?

My thoughts follows.

1. Like every Trump debate he will be graded on a curve and never on substance. He will make things up and lie throughout.

2. Kamala has to focus on her policies and how they will improve the lives of every day folks. If it looks like the moderators lose control of Trump she needs to go off script and start every response with, “If he’s talking he’s lying” and then go into her response.

3. Kamala will be more prepared than Joe but she needs to focus on creating soundbites and going after Trump. She should look at Ossoff and Gillum and how they focused on sound bites that people remember.

Im pretty terrified.

Kamala is good asking questions, but I feel like she's not that good at answering when pressed.
I don't remember being all that impressed with the Mike Pence debate, her primary debates weren't great aside from her big Biden gambit but she wasn't able to follow up at all.

Trump is difficult to debate, the microphone muting helps him, and the bar so low for Trump.

the election is so close, polls haven't been great from her. she doesn't do lots of interviews,
so it really feels like a lot is riding on this.

And if Trump does okay, let alone wins i feel like its a pretty catastrophic outcome.

im worried.

Last edited:
Im pretty terrified.

Kamala is good asking questions, but I feel like she's not that good at answering when pressed.
I don't remember being all that impressed with the Mike Pence debate, her primary debates weren't great aside from her big Biden gambit but she wasn't able to follow up at all.

Trump is difficult to debate, the microphone muting helps him, and the bar so low for Trump.

the election is so close, polls haven't been great from her. she doesn't do lots of interviews,
so it really feels like a lot is riding on this.

And if Trump does okay, let alone wins i feel like its a pretty catastrophic outcome.

im worried.
It’s understandable to feel apprehensive given how low the bar is for Trump but I truly believe that all Kamala has to do is demonstrate her ability to be Presidential and responsible to continue to appeal to swing voters. I think part of her strength is her ability to keep the main thing, the main thing which will help. I think undecided voters want an adult in the room that also happens to be younger. It will be important for our side to manage expectations on what constitutes a debate win. Will it be policy or optics and lean in on that strategy pre and post debate.

As far as the polls are concerned, I think she’s doing great (given the gap she had to close). We also know that anytime you go against Trump it will also be a close election where turnout and your ability to get your voters to the polls is the only thing that matters and I like what I’m seeing on that front.

Im pretty terrified.

She answers questions pretty well tbh. I think the media does a poor job in actually listening to what she says and framing it as such. The CNN interview she did recently there was this whole debate about her stance on fracking when it was clear that she said she changed her stance to see that there were other ways of achieving the goal of lower emissions.

I don't care she doesn't do a ton of interviews. I know a lot of people who don't either. If she did, the complaint would be "why isn't Kamala focused on her job as a VP? She is running to do interviews with Adin Ross, Logan Paul, Nelkboys and Lex Fridman?" I'd rather see her time used on her ground campaign and idk, her actual job.

He dosent answer questions… lol
This is why I’m not worried about the debate. Our side has to start working the refs now and set the expectations that Kamala will focus on the voters and the things they want to hear and not deal with Trump’s drama. We can’t let the other side dictate what a win is or isn’t in this debate. We failed with Joe in the summer when all things being equal he focused on policy while Trump just lied and lied, yet we allowed the narrative to be that Joe was outclassed. Perhaps that was because we wanted to switch things up but it has to be a unified narrative before and after the debate.

She answers questions pretty well tbh. I think the media does a poor job in actually listening to what she says and framing it as such. The CNN interview she did recently there was this whole debate about her stance on fracking when it was clear that she said she changed her stance to see that there were other ways of achieving the goal of lower emissions.

I don't care she doesn't do a ton of interviews. I know a lot of people who don't either. If she did, the complaint would be "why isn't Kamala focused on her job as a VP? She is running to do interviews with Adin Ross, Logan Paul, Nelkboys and Lex Fridman?" I'd rather see her time used on her ground campaign and idk, her actual job.

When say "answering " I mean answering in a way that generates positive attention from the press and is appealing to the median voter.
i don't think the CNN interview really succeed on those terms.

so the fact that you think the answer is good, that's cool but respectfully it's not the point.

yah id like to see her go on podcasts, that voters she's going to need listen to.
Her polling with black and Latino men is a vulnerability.

doing an appearance with i dunno say Kai Cenat I think would be good.

it feels to me like she's running a campaign like she's up a lot, when it's really 50/50. people still don't know her, i think more media apperences would be good.

it feels to me like she's running a campaign like she's up a lot, when it's really 50/50. people still don't know her, i think more media apperences would be good.
Hmm, Idk. I think all her rallies since the DNC emphasized on the point of the Dems having a lot of work to do and encouraging people to vote. I think her team knows it isn't a landslide.

When say "answering " I mean answering in a way that generates positive attention from the press and is appealing to the median voter.

so the fact that you think the answer is good, that's cool but respectfully it's not the point.

yah id like to see her go on podcasts, that voters she's going to need listen to.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this point. Her and Wally have essentially setup shop in PA and GA hitting rural areas on their bus tours and going to the large cities in those states. She’s campaigning in swing states practically everyday and her debate prep is in Pittsburgh to allow her to do campaigning in that state. I’ve been around a lot of campaigns and she is really going all in and I believe that she will start making appearances on more Black and Latino centric media and podcasts soon. She is maximizing the most of their time and she is running her campaign like she’s 5 points down which I like. One piece of news that hasn’t gotten much play today is that she hired a rural outreach director which is great. I’ve never heard of our side doing this before and this is a positive piece of news.

my expectation of the debate is that it won’t change much. my fantasy is that she gets under his skin to the point where he starts yelling the n-word.

1725653576210.png

Most of this is nonsense and out of her control, because the press is sadly unable to do its job at the moment. So putting the bar there might as well be just doing what we're all complaining about, and grading Trump on a curve.

If I recall correctly, you were running around up there in Canada prior to this whole thing talking about how they'd better not just transition from Biden to Kamala without having an open convention or something. And look how wrong you turned out to be there.

There's no way to win in a debate with Trump with the media as it is now, because her opponent can say and do anything, while anything she says and does will be spun to bring her down because she's trending up, because today's media up and down the line makes money off of it being a close race. Kamala having great answers and being the undisputed winner is not possible because them printing that would lose them money.

Even when she dismissed Trump's ridiculous racism, Politico ran a headline talmbout "Kamala evades question on race". Any time you go to talk about how Kamala has to do something to get [positive outcome from media], just stop right there and don't bother typing it out :lol:

This made my day. The fighter in pink did everything him and his trainer worked on in training camp. It is clear to me that the trainer wanted him to skip working off of the jab and unload the right hook when he saw an opening. He really used lateral movement to load up his power shot and handles everything beautifully. The fighter in the overalls needs a new trainer. He attacked in a straight line when he at a minimum should’ve used head and lateral movement to lessen the impact of the right hook. He probably figured his chin would hold up but a right hand like Thomas Hearns is unstoppable if it lands clean. Hopefully the Kentucky Fight Commission sanctions the fighter in the overalls and his trainer. What a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom