***Official Political Discussion Thread***

A black man telling black men stop doing something black men don't even do in the first place.

Never change, world.

Been in the Dr Umar/Black culture thread lately? There are some among us who are embracing the worst right wing narratives about Kamala Harris (she turned black overnight).

I share Obama's disappointment.

Donald "Central Park 5" Trump should have never polled above 10% with Black men. Most importantly, he should have never polled better than most Republican presidential candidates among Black men.

Love this. I need the video. There's a complex mix of a few different things going on, and religion is involved, and idiocy is involved, and tradition is involved, but he is 100% not wrong that there are dudes finding excuses to say they have some issue with voting for her. I've seen the fools.

I'd bet anybody in here money (and I don't bet) that I could find somebody I know who needs to hear this message because they are falling prey to the idea.

That said, made a post a good 40 pages back saying I wasn't going to amplify those fools. Some folks are just lost. Some dudes are just straight up lost and it sounded better to me to amplify and lift up the people with sense who are making good points and have their heads on straight and are good examples to follow. Some of the idiots and fools just want attention anyway.

One of my closest homies kept it real with me.

He flat out said he not voting for Kamala because he don’t want a woman running the country. No cuts about it.

I respected that way more than the made up bs, talking points and flat out lies dudes be using as cover.

I shook my head, and told him that’s a dumb *** reason, but I respect the honesty….and just left it at that, cuz there is no reasoning with this type of logic :lol:. It really is crazy to watch how this **** be having ppl in a twist.

Cmon now. :lol:

There’s definitely Black men who can’t see women as equal or being deserving of positions of power.

Sexism in our community is just as much of an issue any other. Denying it doesn’t get us anywhere.
Sorry, if my original push back made it seem as though I dont believe they exist, I definitely put out the wrong vibe. My issue is I'd believe these types of people to be an insignificant minority and no where near a full representation of how black men are approaching this election.

I'd be shocked to find out black men aren't supporting Harris more than any other group of men.

Last edited:
Sorry, if my original push back made it seem as though I dont believe they exist, I definitely put out the wrong vibe. My issue is I'd believe these types of people to be a significant minority and no where near a full representation of how black men are approaching this election.

I'd be shocked to find out black men aren't supporting Harris more than any other group of men.
It's about trends not levels.

The level of Black men supporting the democratic party is higher than any other racial group BUT

it's trending away from democrats, Trump does better with black and Latino men every election.

Democrats need like 92% of the black vote to win in Pennsylvania, so any amount of erosion is a massive concern.

Sorry, if my original push back made it seem as though I dont believe they exist, I definitely put out the wrong vibe. My issue is I'd believe these types of people to be a significant minority and no where near a full representation of how black men are approaching this election.

Ah, okay. I understand.

I agree that they’re a minority, but the issue is that minority appears to be growing based on polling and general social media discourse. Which is even more alarming given that Trump is historically racist.

With that said, you’re right. Black men are still supporting Harris more than any other group of men. However, I think some of the nonsense that’s been circulating needs to be called out like Obama did.

Now if we wanna get into how Hispanic men are supporting Trump at such a high rate, i think that’s a whole ‘nother topic that isn’t discussed enough…..

Last edited:
Now if we wanna get into at Hispanic men are supporting Trump at such a high rate, i think that’s a whole ‘nother topic that isn’t discussed enough…..

I agree. Part of the problem, I think, is that the available data is not sufficiently granular to use to draw conclusions. I strongly suspect that growing support for the GOP among Latinos is limited to certain subgroups - regional, urban/non/urban, country of origin, and most significantly generation in the US. Without those data, I think it’s very difficult to have an informed conversation and almost impossible to create strategy.

But at 10% of the US population, Latino males definitely need to be addressed.

Like I legit feel him on the early part.

For any of you who were born this century and the complete and utter nonsense is all you've come to know from the past decade and a half, it wasn't always like this. There were lines you didn't cross. It was still assumed that even though you were on opposing sides with opposing views, that ultimately your ideas were supposed to lead to helping everyone.

You couldn't just outright lie and make up stories wholesale over and over and over and over. And especially not have the media go along with it. I know why Obama was getting sad during that clip, and part of it is remembering all the norms that have somehow flown out the window. Hopefully Kamala wins and we can get back to some sense of normalcy.

For any of you who were born this century and the complete and utter nonsense is all you've come to know from the past decade and a half, it wasn't always like this. There were lines you didn't cross. It was still assumed that even though you were on opposing sides with opposing views, that ultimately your ideas were supposed to lead to helping everyone.

You couldn't just outright lie and make up stories wholesale over and over and over and over. And especially not have the media go along with it. I know why Obama was getting sad during that clip, and part of it is remembering all the norms that have somehow flown out the window. Hopefully Kamala wins and we can get back to some sense of normalcy.

Near as I can tell, this all started with that dumbass Tea Party movement that was a direct reaction to Obama being elected. Not sure anybody expected that movement to morph into this ridiculous monster that we're seeing today. I remember it being written off as nutjobs who'd eventually fall off. Instead, they got crazier and somehow managed to get more and more of themselves elected.

Scary and interesting

IMG_0475.jpeg

Then people can't understand the divide between friends and family nowadays, but how long can you be around someone making constant excuses for lies and racism before you question their mentality?

Back
Top Bottom