***Official Political Discussion Thread***

come on man Democrats are just as bad. Dems literally take everything Republicans say out of context to the point where Trump was almost assassinated twice. If Trump calls any Democrat and idiot, they quickly huddle up and deploy articles where they claim he said something he never said.

zebra.gif

come on man Democrats are just as bad. Dems literally take everything Republicans say out of context to the point where Trump was almost assassinated twice. If Trump calls any Democrat and idiot, they quickly huddle up and deploy articles where they claim he said something he never said.
Do you believe democrats are controlling the weather to influence the election?

1000017895.png
1000017894.png

The NYT reports that Trump's lead (50% to Harris' 46%) in battleground states (AZ) is due to the economy.

The US lost the soybean business to Brazil because of Trump's tarrif war with China. One of the consequences of that (for all of mankind) was the increased deforestation of the Amazon under Bolsonaro to accommodate the Chinese demand. The Amazon forest is a major component in stabilizing the climate due to the amount of CO2 it can recycle.

If you ask me, it ain't the economy that's driving the Trump vote...

Cmon now. :lol:

There’s definitely Black men who can’t see women as equal or being deserving of positions of power.

Sexism in our community is just as much of an issue as any other. Denying it doesn’t get us anywhere.
I'm a bit late to the party on this. But this is a cop out response. In the past decade there have been record numbers of black women elected to public office. And guess what, it wasn't just black women who turned out to elect those black women in office. It was black men as well. But I get the sence that some of you are taking a few examples of sexism and casting a broad net on all black men who choose not to support or vote for Kamala. Could it possibly be that Kamala just isn't a likeable or viable candidate for the democratic nominee for president? It bothers me a great deal how black men are being singled out like this by former President Obama and the media. It's almost like Obama is echoing those comments made by Biden when he said:

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black."

It's interesting to watch the West undo/disregard policies that represent the "rules-based, universal rights" world order they've been selling the rest of the world, all in the name of "security."

It's also pretty difficult to not be cynical about all this stuff, especially when one expects western lawmakers and geopolitical strategists to know and that the Russian/Chinese propaganda strategy is to make the West demonstrate that when push comes to shove, they don't care about those universal values.
:lol::smh:

I'm a bit late to the party on this. But this is a cop out response. In the past decade there have been record numbers of black women elected to public office. And guess what, it wasn't just black women who turned out to elect those black women in office. It was black men as well. But I get the sence that some of you are taking a few examples of sexism and casting a broad net on all black men who choose not to support or vote for Kamala. Could it possibly be that Kamala just isn't a likeable or viable candidate for the democratic nominee for president? It bothers me a great deal how black men are being singled out like this by former President Obama and the media. It's almost like Obama is echoing those comments made by Biden when he said:

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black."

Actually, this is the cop out response. You say black men are being singled out but if you've been paying attention a ton of people are being called out, for all sorts of reasons. White women are being called out for being in that 53%. Men generally are being called out for fake tough guy **** Trump tries to aspire to. Previous Obama voters who voted Trump in 2016 have been called out. Republicans who swear they are "normal republicans" are being called out for not voting for Kamala. Couple prominent examples are George Bush and Larry Hogan, but it's Republicans in general, including guys like Mike Dewine. Hell, Trump's on VP has been singled out for saying just how bad Trump is in like 10 different statements over the years, yet now is his lapdog. :lol:

Acting like Black men are being singled out is ludicrous. Also some messages aren't meant for you. If the black men being talked to are indeed ones, like some a couple of us have acknowledged we know, that are straight up being sexist, it's a helpful *** reminder that black women are out there marching on our behalf and supporting the **** out of us.

From ordinary folks like Tawanda Jones to athletes like Maya Moore to wives of civil rights heroes like Coretta, Black women hold us down in so many ways. Coretta is STILL out here going at these Republicans and bull****ters who try to warp MLK Jr's legacy and meaning for America. But elders in our churches will sometimes tell us the bible says women aren't supposed to be leaders. Or dudes will let their sexist buddies convince them they shouldn't vote for a woman to be president.

But all it takes sometimes is 5 minutes of thought, and there is 100% nothing wrong with pointing out that internalized sexism. It's not saying you have to vote for anybody. It's saying examine your own feelings and thoughts, and see if your reasons are bigoted.

✌🏾

But I get the sence that some of you are taking a few examples of sexism and casting a broad net on all black men who choose not to support or vote for Kamala. Could it possibly be that Kamala just isn't a likeable or viable candidate for the democratic nominee for president?
I don't know how much it has to be said, but I feel like people with this line of reasoning do not grasp the stakes of this election.

To put it simply, don't vote for Kamala if you are ok with fleeing political violence or risking your freedom to defend the rights another Trump administration wants to take away.

Like so many folks have said, Trump supporters are not worried about the economy; they are worried about their position on the American social ladder, and they want to reclaim the top spot, by force if needed.

And quite frankly, the argument of Kamala's likeability is a weak excuse considering that she's running against someone who has denigrated and insulted Black men for as long as he's been a public figure (since the 1970s). The fact that Trump is performing better among Black men (above 10%!) than previous Republican candidates means that we have to ask what about someone like him appeals to Black men.

Trump 15% black vote would be a disaster.

this gotta be the first election democrats are hoping for lower black turn out.

Thank you for posting this!

All I was simply trying to express earlier is instead of condemning those black voters, why don't you try and understand why they are swayed toward Trump. Blindly blaming sexim and misogyny is being very dismissive of legitimate concerns.

Pardon my ignorance here, but if the black vote is still overwhelmingly in favor of Harris wouldn’t you want as high of a turnout as possible despite the decrease in favorability?

If you look at the twitter thread Nate Cohn makes the point that a lot of Trump's gain with black voters are with irregular voters. So if black turn out is lower than what the polling is predicting .

it's likely a lot of those black votes for Trump probably stayed home.

It's going to a political earthquake if Kamala wins because she gain with old white people and working class white women.

Or Trump wins because of gains with working class black and Latino men.

Gender is becoming the most important political divide.

And I have to think the Obama dad scolding isn't gunna help the situation.

It's going to a political earthquake if Kamala wins because she gain with old white people and working class white women.

Or Trump wins because of gains with working class black and Latino men.

Gender is becoming the most important political divide.

And I have to think the Obama dad scolding isn't gunna help the situation.
The gentle parenting approach didn't work either.

The gentle parenting approach didn't work either.
I think just dismissing it all as sexism is too easy

Like If your are a non college educated black or Latino man...

Are you you really wrong to view the democratic party as an institution primarily concerned with the interests of college educated women?

The democratic party basically marketed it's self this way super hard from 2016-2020.

Back
Top Bottom