***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Anyone want to bet that the UN doesn't see the 22nd century?

The way I see it, the US government is providing cover to Israel at the cost of diplomatic capital, and while our military power allows us to have a lot of that capital, how long until smaller nations, under the veto umbrella of other permanent UNSC members, decide to take their own territorial destiny into their own hands? I don't like the precedent we're creating with Israel.

Dude filming saying "something went wrong". Yeah, you think? That's what you get when you honestly believe that man is going to care about you! Sorry to break it to you, HE DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN!!! Enjoy the 2 hour walk in the dark.
1728868275908.png

Beans Beans and others military members
How is the climate of this election viewed by the military personnel around your way?
I’m assuming the folks you would expect have similar rhetoric to the stuff you see from civilians, but do the service men and women really stand behind trump like that? He’s been wildly disrespectful to the military and its leaders.

And she's enrolled in college.

To be fair, the school system really screwed her over (and she is suing them), but think about the thousands of HS graduates who don't have a problem with not knowing ****...

Facebook/Twitter in a nutshell. Millions of people who couldn’t read or write in school, believing and spewing constant nonsense.

Sometimes I’m like, I went to school with a lot of you guys and y’all were scared as hell if the teacher called upon ya’ll to read :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Beans Beans and others military members
How is the climate of this election viewed by the military personnel around your way?
I’m assuming the folks you would expect have similar rhetoric to the stuff you see from civilians, but do the service men and women really stand behind trump like that? He’s been wildly disrespectful to the military and its leaders.
Unfortunately, there are plenty of excusers and apologist amongst us.

One of Trump's problems is going to be anyone believing a word he says right now. At least when it comes to doing anything that benefits others and not himself. He can make all the promises he wants, but are they going to come to fruition, or are they just "concepts." He's just flinging stuff at the wall and desperately hoping something sticks at this point.

I'm a little disappointed nobody has hopped on the legalize weed train this election.

But, recall that in the context of younger voters, 2016-2020, doesn’t factor in.

Campaign promises get them to them to the polls.

Here's what's happening: Democrats offer solutions that would help those young folks (infusion of cash towards homeownership, M4A, lower tuition, unions to raise the wage floor) and everybody is challenging the feasibility of their plan. Meanwhile, Republicans are coming up with proposals that sound good on paper, but nobody asks them "What's the point of making interest on car loans tax-deductible when tariffs are going to increase the cost of the car by 100%?"

They don't want to listen, and I'm tired of reading about how Democrats should lie better than Republicans. Democrats shouldn't contribute to increasing the distrust towards the electoral system by promising the moon when they know we can't escape Earth's gravity.

Keep in mind, I’m only talking about young and non college voters, particularly though not exclusively male.

If you’re like a 20 year old guy in Central PA, you don’t live in major metro area or even a place with decent wifi. You work at a gas station and you are working a lot of OT to save up to move to a place with better job opportunities.

What appeals to you more? A guy who promises a tax holiday on your OT, so you can flee the economic dead zone you were born into? Or the candidate who is talking about stuff that appeals to urbanites, college students, and “old people” (over 30 homeowners).

The Trump Coalition should be getting just old whites and a few misguided Edgars.

The fact that the GOP could win or at least grab enough under 30 votes to swing this election is unacceptable when Harris already has the policy and messaging to emphatically beat Trump with this group.

What appeals to you more? A guy who promises a tax holiday on your OT, so you can flee the economic dead zone you were born into? Or the candidate who is talking about stuff that appeals to urbanites, college students, and “old people” (over 30 homeowners).
I'd think that if you're trying to escape a place without opportunities, one of the questions you'd ask yourself is whether you'd be able to afford life in your new home. On this topic, Democrats have been very vocal about Trump's plan making life more expensive for all of us, not just urbanites people love to paint as Dems' main audience.

If the gas station worker dismisses this piece of information because "Trump has a plan, and we should trust him," how is that the fault of the Democrats' messaging? They're up against a cult at this point.

I don’t listen to Lord Jamar interviews or his podcast but it’s hilarious that he hates Eminem for being white but is supporting a white supremacist that encourages racism. Makes perfect sense.

Can’t even watch Art of Dialogue anymore. All these people diving into politics and killing their platforms.

Back
Top Bottom