***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Look maybe Obama scolding will work, or maybe there is a big polling error in the dems favour and none of this will matter.
or maybe men will just stay home, given that women are more consistent voters than men.

but losing black, latino and young men trending to the republicans is pretty massive problem moving forward for the democratic party.
I think it's reasonable to ask how they plan to fix it.

maybe im dumb but this seems pretty concerning. i dunno if calling them "weird" will fix it

I don't know, I just don't believe this is true and it will be interesting to see what the exit polls look like.

Can you elaborate on the ways in which the Democratic party has communicated to men they don't care about them?
since like 2016 probably as a backlash to trump the democratic party generally avoids mentioning men as a specific minority group.

They omit men when mentioning important constituents.

1728954376077.png

for example In the biden administrations guidance on rise in suicide. it makes no mention of male suicide, despite men being

1728954498748.png

then there's the cultural aspect, where media and cultural instructions that code as left. have gotten more feminist and use more feminist language like "toxic masculinity"

and just in general the party has gotten more culturally feminine (i don't use this as a pejorative),
in that democrats are more concerned with using the right language and catering to people's feelings, and being more sensitive in way that im guessing is not that appealing to young men.

since like 2016 probably as a backlash to trump the democratic party generally avoids mentioning men as a specific minority group.

They omit men when mentioning important constituents.

1728954376077.png

for example In the biden administrations guidance on rise in suicide. it makes no mention of male suicide, despite men being

1728954498748.png

then there's the cultural aspect, where media and cultural instructions that code as left. have gotten more feminist and use more feminist language like "toxic masculinity"

and just in general the party has gotten more culturally feminine (i don't use this as a pejorative),
in that democrats are more concerned with using the right language and catering to people's feelings, and being more sensitive in way that im guessing is not that appealing to young men.

The point about the lack of acknowledgment on the suicide gap is an excellent point, actually. I can see how young and impressionable men may think the Republican party would care more about them. I guess my main question is, these are the mostly non-political or disengaged voters we're talking about right?

Are they really tuned in enough to nitpick the current administrations exact language regarding suicides and the list of people/groups they serve not properly allocating them a specific slot?

I'm not disagreeing about how some of them could just generally be turned off from the "vibes", especially terminally online young men. I am having trouble believing this is enough for a large percentage of them to defect from Democrats.

Maybe it's a matter of personal opinion and I can't quantify it, but some of this feels like them arriving at a conclusion off of feelings (not wanting women to be their equal or superior socio-economically speaking) and not admitting the real reason for their trend towards conservatives.

It is reminiscent of the joke aepps20 aepps20 makes on a regular basis about "economic anxiety" concerns people cite when it has become obvious that's not the appeal for a lot of them

This happened literally 6 miles from my house and less than a 15 minute drive. Gnoem & Fat Mango can get the F out of my town! 🤬🤬 Maybe she's here to get some lovin from Corey!

Adulterers always hang together!

Oh and that convention center isn't that big. It has several different halls. And frankly, considering I've been in that place many times for different events, he didn't get a big crowd. I've seen it more packed there when they have the Tuner Car show in the summer.

Last edited:
One of those agents is the voice of Spongebob

Also, one of the other regulars from Mr Show turned out to be an insurrectionist

Yep, Tom Kinney (voice of Spongebob) and Jay Johnston (January 6th guy). You can see Tom here as a sportscaster for the Independent Nations Games, and Jay competing:

The point about the lack of acknowledgment on the suicide gap is an excellent point, actually. I can see how young and impressionable men may think the Republican party would care more about them. I guess my main question is, these are the mostly non-political or disengaged voters we're talking about right?

Are they really tuned in enough to nitpick the current administrations exact language regarding suicides and the list of people/groups they serve not properly allocating them a specific slot?
no they aren't but im using these examples to show Democrats general approach to messaging from like 2016-2020 was to basically omit men and foreground basically women, lgbt, other minorities ect.

The CDC thing is one result of a broader messaging ethos,, if something disproportionately impacts women, Democrats foreground it, if it disproportionately impacts men, democrats just generally don't talk about that.

Infrastructure bill almost certainly disproportionally helped blue collar men, did you see the Biden administration make a big deal emphasizing that aspect of the bill?

I'm not disagreeing about how some of them could just generally be turned off from the "vibes", especially terminally online young men. I am having trouble believing this is enough for a large percentage of them to defect from Democrats.

Maybe it's a matter of personal opinion and I can't quantify it, but some of this feels like them arriving at a conclusion off of feelings (not wanting women to be their equal or superior socio-economically speaking) and not admitting the real reason for their trend towards conservatives.

yah but when you poll young men on gender equality, there opinions haven't changed. they still support female equality. but this doesn't stop them from voting republican.

1728956669376.png

1728956660193.png

Kamala going on Rogan is risky, i probably would have sent Walz, or ideally gotten Obama to do it.

I respect risk-taking tho so hopefully it goes well,

It is reminiscent of the joke aepps20 aepps20 makes on a regular basis about "economic anxiety" concerns people cite when it has become obvious that's not the appeal for a lot of them
Economic Anxiety caused me to drop a slur against people that don’t look like me

Good for her
I think it shows she is willing to continue to go where people are to hear her voice, not sure it will sway many Rogan voters, but not sure that's the intent either. Funny, all my right leaning friends who were barking about how she never does interviews have found a new"weakness" to pounce on, them grasping at straws makes me think the right is nervous

The evolution has been amazing to see first hand, a rough timeline:

"Biden has been too old to run we have been saying this"
"Wait a minute she is young and competent but she didn't win the nomination"
"Democrats are disenfranchising black votes, such a shame as this is a topic I as a Republican care about"
"If I was her I wouldn't debate Trump, she should hide, he will wollop her"
"Did you see the debate? The mediation was so one sided, the lamestream media hates Trump, he still won I think though, tough to say"
"She won't do any interviews, she will continue to sit on her hands as she rides the wave of her fake debate victory"
"Can't believe she did Call her daddy while North Carolina was drowning" She should be ashamed of herself"
"She won't do Rogan though"

Last edited:
I think there’s a lot of merit to Dems not being able to or not willing to message men directly. By the nature of being to the left of the republicans, Dems have to navigate intersectionality in away that’s far more sophisticated and strategic than republicans do. Dems also have to contend with the fact that “vibes” is an intangible metric they have to work into their messaging and policy positions even when vibes are contradictory to reality while also combating the other sides messaging. Thats a tall order. But I think it sort of looks like this.

On that note, it’s probably too late but this isn’t a bad attempt at reaching black men https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/10/14/politics/harris-black-men-proposals

Last edited:
Now they are just making **** up!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

People were "fainting" inside so TGF said to open the doors to alleviate the heat in the convention center? GMAFB!!! Like I mentioned, I live 6 miles from Oaks and it was in the mid 60s in terms of temperature all day. It was a nice day. There was absolutely ZERO chance the inside of that place was hot enough to make people faint! Even if the A/C not turned on it won't get hot enough to have that happen. Especially with now few people were actually there (the halls have foldable walls that open to expand each hall). What a flipping lying POS!!

At least the parking lot was right there and not 5 miles away like those lemmings had to deal with at Coachella. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom