***Official Political Discussion Thread***

listening to his interviews on this book, it feels like when conservatives complain about the "mainstream media" and ignore the fact that fox news is the biggest cable news channel, Daily Wire is the biggest political news website, on facebook Elon Musk owns twitter ect.

this idea that there is a shortage of "isreal is bad content" I think true maybe a few years ago.

It's def not true today.

Did you watch/listen to the video?

they are are making cultural appeals, not policy appeals,

hence the appearances on Theo Von, Adin Ross, Flagrant Podcast, Nelk boys ect...

…. So the typical frat boy looking American :rofl: :lol: :lol:

So just blindly support “cultural appeals” and ignore policy appeals, because the Democrats are purposely not mentioning “men”?.

I guess since Donald Trump is a liar and scammer, that’s what makes him and the Republicans so “culturally appealing”? Basically admitting that they’ve been crooks and always will be

Last edited:
I'm only half way through this but it's very thought provoking, and in some ways I hadn't thought about and thought through. Very good so far, 33 minutes in.

Been watching off and on the last couple days finished it today. Love this discussion they had and Coates explaining his reexamining of Palestine and the Israeli government. I love they actually got to talk about the other content in the book as well which has rarely been touched on in the other interviews.

…. So the typical frat boy looking American :rofl: :lol: :lol:

So just blindly support “cultural appeals” and ignore policy appeals, because the Democrats are purposely not mentioning “men”?.

I guess since Donald Trump is a liar and scammer, that’s what makes him and the Republicans so “culturally appealing”? Basically admitting that they’ve been crooks and always will be

yah voters are weird like that.

voters have a mishmash of views and vote in ways that don't correspond to them.

Been watching off and on the last couple days finished it today. Love this discussion they had and Coates explaining his reexamining of Palestine and the Israeli government. I love they actually got to talk about the other content in the book as well which has rarely been touched on in the other interviews.

Right? Yes it's been illuminating. I love the parallels they explore and the examinations of your own beliefs, ideas and morals that it engenders. Noah's insights with his unique experiences and the things he asked people about are priceless as well. Like actually priceless. Glad you watched. Its good to talk through the content.

There doesn't seem to be much evidence that calling them "weird" worked.

1729013075558.png

listening to his interviews on this book, it feels like when conservatives complain about the "mainstream media" and ignore the fact that fox news is the biggest cable news channel, Daily Wire is the biggest political news website, on facebook Elon Musk owns twitter ect.

this idea that there is a shortage of "isreal is bad content" I think true maybe a few years ago.

It's def not true today.
I mean, he’s talking about like The Atlantic and NYT types, which is definitely still true. His broader point about their being no Palestinian voices on these networks/writing for these publications during this time also holds true. One network was flat out banning Palestinians from appearing on air.

It's unreal. Politicians of all kinds get around direct responses to questions, but after all the scrutiny of this current presidential cycle, Trump is just ridiculous at giving non answers. Anyone voting for this guy or finding ways to excuse those who do, or playing the special snowflake don't be mean to me card, is dumb AF. Meaning you aren't as clever as you think and it's obvious what's driving it.

But mostly this guy is just a complete and utter tool. I hope at the very least the media finally reverses the trend and starts being the actual media again. Trump is a clown. Like Lebron said, TFG is a BUM

I mean, he’s talking about like The Atlantic and NYT types, which is definitely still true. His broader point about their being no Palestinian voices on these networks/writing for these publications during this time also holds true.

But even in that very narrow slice of the media is that true?

Ezra Klein has had plenty of pro Palestinian voices on his podcast, even pro Hamas writer.

Like is NY Times lacking in pro Palestinian content?

1729015087744.png

1729015101742.png

1729015108902.png

1729015122043.png

1729015178575.png

1729015200112.png

I think a lot of people have this idea that people have been tricked into supporting Israel.
and if you just really educated them and showed them the truth, they would suddenly be pro Palestinian.

I don't think this is true, I think American is a country with a large christian population, and a large jewish population

where world war ii and 9/11 still looms large in the minds of many people.

i think there is always going to be pretty strong support for Israel.

i haven't read the book but the Ezra Klein interview is good. he pushes Coates and asks him some tough questions, and tbh

TNC answers are pretty uncompelling to me.

Back
Top Bottom