***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The Jill Stein/vote my conscience crew drives me nuts. They're always super pretentious fake intellectuals, that act like they're somehow smarter than everyone. I have a buddy that claims independent status, and voted for Ralph Nader once. He's since seen the light, but he was insufferable for a time. Even though he votes Dem 10000% of the time, he got mad that they made him declare Dem when he tried to vote in the Dem primaries a few years back. He stayed mad about it for months. :lol:

Now correct me if I’m wrong but let’s say that Young ladies vote happens to be the 5millionth vote for Stein, as an Independent or the what Green Party though she has no chance of winning 5mill votes is guaranteeing her name being on the ballot in the next federal election, technically Stein or the Young Lady could view that as a win and a vote that very much counts yes or no?

My GM was explaining to a Rep why he was voting for RFK and how his vote very much counted and was not wasted and that was his reasoning.

Is this true?
Each and every single third party presidential candidate is a grifter. They don’t need to worry about policies or campaigning because the US presidential election is a de facto binary choice. They’ll never even sniff more than a 0% chance of victory.

The only purpose third party grifters can have is to act as a spoiler campaign to aid one of the 2 parties that can actually win.

RFK gave up and joined Trump as soon as RFK siphoned off more Republicans than Democrats.
But he made sure he ran the pockets of anyone ignorant enough to donate money to a campaign that cannot win and was never meant to win in the first place.

It is genuinely baffling how any grown person is so easily duped by the likes of third party candidates, let alone JFK Jr and Jill Stein of all people.

Of course any vote for a third party presidential candidate is a waste. It is a vote for a candidate who is very much aware they never have a chance of winning. If they genuinely believe they stand a chance, they’re completely delusional and should seek immediate mental health help.

So yes, it is unequivocally the most pointless and ignorant way of using your right to vote.
Unless the goal is to vote for aiding a third party spoiler campaign but then you’re still better off just voting for your preferred candidate that can actually compete and win.

Last edited:
Each and every single third party presidential candidate is a grifter. They don’t need to worry about policies or campaigning because the US presidential election is a de facto binary choice. They’ll never even sniff more than a 0% chance of victory.

The only purpose third party grifters can have is to act as a spoiler campaign to aid one of the 2 parties that can actually win.

RFK gave up and joined Trump as soon as RFK siphoned off more Republicans than Democrats.
But he made sure he ran the pockets of anyone ignorant enough to donate money to a campaign that cannot win and was never meant to win in the first place.

It is genuinely baffling how any grown person is so easily duped by the likes of third party candidates, let alone JFK Jr and Jill Stein of all people.

Of course any vote for a third party presidential candidate is a waste. Unless the goal is to aid a spoiler campaign but then you’re still better off just voting for your preferred candidate that can actually compete and win.

giphy.gif

I'd really like to do a media blackout for the next ten days. News sites are going to be even worse than what they've already been.

All I can say is we get what we deserve, no matter who wins.

Also, F third party voters. Their in ability to think logically and see the big picture is appalling, and I say this as someone who's mostly on the left.

So, it is true?
That ladies reasoning is not this but if it were, meh forget about her…..,you went on this explanation of why Stein won’t be on the ballot and how bad Trump is yea forget about her….. say my buddy GM claiming his vote is worth something based on RFK needing 5million votes? That’s true?

Whether it's true or not is irrelevant in the context of this election. What's the point of voting for a future outcome that depends on the current electoral system to exist, when one of the two major candidates threatens to fundamentally change the electoral landscape in his favor?

"Vote for me this time, and you won't have to vote ever again."

I spent my youth in a plutocracy ruled for 40 years by the same guy (Paul Biya), who used the same language Trump has used against his political opponents. He routinely turned the military against dissatisfied citizens and had them shoot live bullets at protesters. Jill Stein and Cornell West should be urging people to vote for Kamala Harris. If they intend to keep their political careers going, it is the most sensible move.

A vote for either of them in this election is a wasted vote.

Whether it's true or not is irrelevant in the context of this election. What's the point of voting for a future outcome that depends on the current electoral system to exist, when one of the two major candidates threatens to fundamentally change the electoral landscape in his favor?

"Vote for me this time, and you won't have to vote ever again."

I spent my youth in a plutocracy ruled for 40 years by the same guy (Paul Biya), who used the same language Trump has used against his political opponents. He routinely turned the military against dissatisfied citizens and had them shoot live bullets at protesters. Jill Stein and Cornell West should be urging people to vote for Kamala Harris. If they intend to keep their political careers going, it is the most sensible move.

A vote for either of them in this election is a wasted vote.
Well, I’ll forward this to them and see if it makes a dent.

Of course any vote for a third party presidential candidate is a waste. It is a vote for a candidate who is very much aware they never have a chance of winning. If they genuinely believe they stand a chance, they’re completely delusional and should seek immediate mental health help.

So yes, it is unequivocally the most pointless and ignorant way of using your right to vote.
Unless the goal is to vote for aiding a third party spoiler campaign but then you’re still better off just voting for your preferred candidate that can actually compete and win.
1000038719.jpg

Belgium Belgium initially I was thinking his vote for RFK would definitely matter if the 5millionth guarantees him to be on the next ballot, seemed like rational reasoning and then I hear from you two…..

(and I didn’t even think of this until after reading you and gry60 gry60 post) it guarantees him another spot on the ballot as an independent I guess right? Which as mentioned is Essentially meaningless. I guess were it to guarantee him a spot on the ballot as well as giving him the option to run as a major party affiliate with a chance as opposed to an independent with no chance, that might be different.

I def stayed out of that convo between that group when he defended his vote but and though my better mind is telling me to stay out of it now and in the future I’m too curious to see what his response is so I straight up asked him. It was just a copy and paste ask at first but I didn’t want him thinking it was my rebuttal so I just screenshot my question and then both responses and sent them.

This is definitely outside my wheelhouse of understanding so I hope he answers. After hearing from both sides now I’m just too curious to hear more.

Back
Top Bottom