***Official Political Discussion Thread***

For maybe a month now, watching some of the Sunday morning shows has been something I hate, because Vance just goes on there and pops **** and lies. It's disgusting. Politicians evade, lie, etc. But I've watched those shows for decades. Watched em since forever. There was always some truth spoken and some shared reality. But he just goes on there and says ******* nothing. He lies like it's breathing.

Ask him if 3+5 is 8 and he'll pivot to blaming an immigrant for the question even being asked in the first place. Hopefully Kamala wins and we can rid politics of appearances where you do LITERALLY nothing but lie.

Where did you grow up gry60 gry60

Cameroon.
The political system is unitary presidential.

Elections are single round, simple majority type.

The president has been in power since 1982.

It used to be a single-party state until the early 1990s. In 1992, Biya won with a plurality of votes (40%) against an opposition coalition that could not agree on presenting a unified ticket

In 1996, the president consolidated his legislative power after the parliamentary elections, when his party won the majority of the parliament.

Since then, he has routinely revised the constitution to reset his term count to zero, which is just a paperwork exercise since he controls the constitutional court (can nominate and fire judges at will) and keeps his party legislators in check through his extensive use of police for surveillance and intimidation (see the articles below).

The 1972 constitution of the Republic of Cameroon as modified by 1996 reforms provides for a strong central government dominated by the executive. The president is empowered to name and dismiss cabinet members (regardless of parliamentary representation), judges, generals, provincial governors, prefects, sub-prefects, and heads of Cameroon's parastatal (about 100 state-controlled) firms, obligate or disburse expenditures, approve or veto regulations, declare states of emergency, and appropriate and spend profits of parastatal firms. The president is not required to consult the National Assembly. In 2008, a constitutional amendment was passed that eliminated term limits for president.<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Cameroon#cite_note-7"><span>[</span>7<span>]</span></a>

The next elections are next year. I added a couple of articles and references below about past protests

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Cameroonian_protests <---- genesis of the separatist crisis that has engulfed the north west and south west regions of the country for the last 5 years.

Funny seeing him say he'd walk out if he heard that from trump.. considering he said this in 2016..
Speaking to CNN's Jake Tapper in March 2016, Rubio warned: "For years to come, there are many people on the right, in the media and voters at large, that are going to be having to explain and justify how they fell into this trap of supporting Donald Trump." But he's fell hook,line and sinker right into supporting DJT.

Now correct me if I’m wrong but let’s say that Young ladies vote happens to be the 5millionth vote for Stein, as an Independent or the what Green Party though she has no chance of winning 5mill votes is guaranteeing her name being on the ballot in the next federal election, technically Stein or the Young Lady could view that as a win and a vote that very much counts yes or no?

My GM was explaining to a Rep why he was voting for RFK and how his vote very much counted and was not wasted and that was his reasoning.

Is this true?

The threshold to get on the ballot is 5% of the total vote, not million votes so a third party candidate would need around 8 million votes.

We've been hearing the "we just need 5%" talk since Ralph Nader in the '90s. It's just not going to happen.

"I can't be racist, I have a black friend"

1730065141653.png

A man holds a flag with an image of Pepe the Frog at a rally held Sept. 10, 2017, in Portland, Ore., by Patriot Prayer, a far-right group led by Joey Gibson

If you peeped the mostly white comedians podcasters who worship Rogan and are his orbiters, you could see they've been trump guys for a while. They just were hiding it behind "jokes" and "comedy". Each time they would discuss politics, Trump would get a pass and they would crucify the democrats for mundane things. Now they can show their true colors a lot more. Some will still play the fence, parading the black people around them (Schulz) as a shield. It's a good thing tho, I like knowing where people stand.

Back
Top Bottom