***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Anyone live in LA county? If so and you voted, what's your take on Measure M?

I voted for. I've gotten used to this 9% tax coming from FL where it was like 6-6.5%, but a .25 increase to improve the transportation system out here would be much appreciated. Don't think it'll pass though.

:rofl:

Look at this longtime NC republican consultant spinning :smh:
http://www.vox.com/2016/9/2/12774066/voter-id-laws-racist?0p19G=c
Longtime Republican consultant Carter Wrenn, a fixture in North Carolina politics, said the GOP’s voter fraud argument is nothing more than an excuse.

“Of course it’s political. Why else would you do it?” he said, explaining that Republicans, like any political party, want to protect their majority. While GOP lawmakers might have passed the law to suppress some voters, Wrenn said, that does not mean it was racist.

“Look, if African Americans voted overwhelmingly Republican, they would have kept early voting right where it was,” Wrenn said. “It wasn’t about discriminating against African Americans. They just ended up in the middle of it because they vote Democrat.”

Thing is the Deplorables are probably not going to ever forgive the GOP for not fully backing the fat man when he loses. So Cruz, Lil Marco, and beady eyed Paul Ryan could all be in trouble.

Look at this longtime NC republican consultant spinning
mean.gif

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/2/12774066/voter-id-laws-racist?0p19G=c
Longtime Republican consultant Carter Wrenn, a fixture in North Carolina politics, said the GOP’s voter fraud argument is nothing more than an excuse.

“Of course it’s political. Why else would you do it?” he said, explaining that Republicans, like any political party, want to protect their majority. While GOP lawmakers might have passed the law to suppress some voters, Wrenn said, that does not mean it was racist.

“Look, if African Americans voted overwhelmingly Republican, they would have kept early voting right where it was,” Wrenn said. “It wasn’t about discriminating against African Americans. They just ended up in the middle of it because they vote Democrat.”
Lee Atwater would be proud of this spin and rationalization 

Anyone live in LA county? If so and you voted, what's your take on Measure M?

I voted for. I've gotten used to this 9% tax coming from FL where it was like 6-6.5%, but a .25 increase to improve the transportation system out here would be much appreciated. Don't think it'll pass though.
I'm only going to vote no because we already approved Measure R 8 years ago to help fund the Metro projects which the end dates were to be 2039. All it really is to me is a money grab to enrich the Metro Board of Directors

Last edited:
She's languishing against Trump. Rubio would have wiped the floor with her. And if that battleaxe is elected by 2020 she'll just have even more dirt and grime on her.
no he wouldn't 

he couldn't even win his own state

rubio is trash

One thing is certain: there is no voter apathy going on right now. CNN showed that the turnout in battleground states has increased since 2008.
I hope he's nominated in 2020 so Trillary gets re-elected in a landslide.

She's languishing against Trump. Rubio would have wiped the floor with her. And if that battleaxe is elected by 2020 she'll just have even more dirt and grime on her.

Repeating a lie a million times doesn't make it true.

Last edited:
When I have ever denied racism? Never. I'm well aware it exists. But I wake up everyday and keep progressing. Self improvement is all it's about.
Nope, self improvement at the behest of racism is not what it is all about. That is reactionary, not progressive, as you are being forced to adapt to a system built for you to fail. Learn the game, know the game.

This could quite possibly go down as the most entertaining day of the year. Even better than Cavs beating Stephanie in Game 7.

We got Trump getting booed in his home city.
laugh.gif

Keep them coming.
alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Curry slander will not be tolerated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom