***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So...dude lost his home state...AND Mass? damn...lol
If a republican from California ever ran prez I know for sure he wouldn't get the 55 electoral votes, not really a stretch no?

Then again I could be overestimating the chances of a California republican making it that far.
Unless its a republican movie star
laugh.gif

Well looks like its all on my state now, i hope they ( im looking at you rick scott) dont screw this up.......
eyes.gif

Come on 305 and 941

I don't understand why people vote. Whoever the president is, they're just going to cater to the requests of big corporations and whoever else funded their campaign that allowed them to be president, no? Am I ignorant for believing this?

It's like, the American people think they're making a difference by voting. They think their voice is being heard. But to me, the whole thing is a marketing ploy to get you involved in the process of electing someone. What happens if no one is elected? Or not enough people vote for the election to be valid? What then?

It seems like we only get the option to choose the lesser of two evils. Has this what election day has come down to?

Again, I may be ignorant to the whole thing, so all I'm looking for is knowledge to be bestowed. Please enlighten me!

Throughout the entire campaign season, never once did I second guess Obama being re-elected. Even after the first debate, I knew Obama would pull through, Even after Romney gained some serious ground, I knew Obama would pull through. And now that the votes are starting to come in, I know Obama is going to pull through. Obama for Mankind 
nthat.gif
 Can't wait to play the victory song

''With Romney losing NH, that means he's set to lose every state he owns a house in, once CA comes in for Obama.''

Taking the L early tonight, I was wrong. Hope Obama brings out a better four years than the last four. Thought it would be closer than it is now, but FL is going blue... GOP won't win now unless we get rid of those idiots that are supppppper far right.

Amen Brah. The Republican Party needs to hit the ctrl+alt+delete now.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people vote. Whoever the president is, they're just going to cater to the requests of big corporations and whoever else funded their campaign that allowed them to be president, no? Am I ignorant for believing this?

It's like, the American people think they're making a difference by voting. They think their voice is being heard. But to me, the whole thing is a marketing ploy to get you involved in the process of electing someone. What happens if no one is elected? Or not enough people vote for the election to be valid? What then?

It seems like we only get the option to choose the lesser of two evils. Has this what election day has come down to?

Again, I may be ignorant to the whole thing, so all I'm looking for is knowledge to be bestowed. Please enlighten me!
I agree completely.. BUT, the only way people will ever realize what's going on in our country, is if our populace moves towards a more progressive and liberal (true liberal) point of view. Obama's presidency helps us take a step in that direction, Romney would take us 10 steps back.

Last edited:
Florida will go Obama

8.3mil voted in 2008. Let's assume it's 8.3 again.
So far7.4mil have voted. Obama's up 42,000 votes
Dade county currently 600K votes 54% counted. Obama's up 62-38 there

Last edited:

well if Ron Paul was in the race than he wouldnt cater to big corporations..

I agree completely.. BUT, the only way people will ever realize what's going on in our country, is if our populace moves towards a more progressive and liberal (true liberal) point of view. Obama's presidency helps us take a step in that direction, Romney would take us 10 steps back.
More like 10 million steps back

Back
Top Bottom