***Official Political Discussion Thread***

@NBCNightlyNews: JUST IN: Trump aide says Pres.-elect Trump has spoken via phone with Taiwan Pres. Tsai Ing-wen -- a move likely to anger China - @ajjaffe

https://www.ft.com/content/fd19907e-b8d4-11e6-961e-a1acd97f622d

So over the course of 2 days,dude has managed to worry India after his lavish praise of Pakistan and their pm,he's invited Duterte to the WH and is now pissing off the Chinese on one of the few issues they categorically won't negotiate...:lol:

Dude's foreign policy is gonna be chaotic :x

His new secretary of defense has pushed for war with Iran for years and considers them a bigger threat than ISIS

:smh:

As a Taiwanese American, this is sort of worrying.

He's not thinking at all; that is the problem. I can't even leave the country to escape him, because he's looking to @#$@ things up on a global scale :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I'm pretty worried for my Taiwanese brothers...loudmouth Trump is using them as a stick to poke at China thinking there are no consequences.... :smh:
It's not like a damn campaign trial this time.
Hopefully Obama can just tell China that our president coming in 2017 just doesn't know what he's saying

so now u justifying China's oppressive regime over Taiwan...just cuz Trump spoke with their President :lol:

You obviously have never heard of the One China Policy, which plays a key role in China not blocking our vote in the UN. Recognizing Taiwan as their own country can lead to China blocking what we want passed in the UN.

And the US supplies the Taiwanese weapons due to Six Assurances framework already, we just aren't officially recognizing their sovereignty. Plus in the Taiwan Relations Treaty, we agreed with China and Taiwan that while we recognize the One China policy, China cannot attack Taiwan.
So is China oppressing Taiwan now? No they aren't, Taiwan technically has their own government and they haven't been attacked. However, Trump is causing a foreign blunder by trying to void the One China policy, which will affect our international policy making and not protecting Taiwan in the process.

In short Ninja, do some more history education on the Far East.

Last edited:
i know bout da one China Policy... point is, Nixon started that as pander to trade with em back then.

whats China gonna do...attack us or Tawian? :lol:

United States bout to tell da UN to curve too if they keep buzzin around.

No one is going to get anywhere with China by allowing them to do what they want. We need to ween off the Chinese tit tbh. We need them thinking we are unpredictable, not in a docile state ready to answer to them like we have been with the Obama administration. You are acting like it is an act of war or something lol

You guys really thinking just answering to these people is the answer? They been taking 5 bucks for every dollar coming here long enough.

so now u justifying China's oppressive regime over Taiwan...just cuz Trump spoke with their President
laugh.gif
One China policy is political theater, but it's theater everyone engages in for the sake of peace (how ever tense a peace it may be). Taiwan/ROC has it's own government and military and is economically independent of China/PRC. Furthermore Taiwan/ROC agrees with the One China policy, the dispute between PRC and ROC is about which government is the legitimate government to control the abstract idea that is China (I say abstract because One china, Two systems [technically four systems] encompasses China/PRC, Taiwan/ROC, Hong Kong, and Macau. Any attempt of Taiwan to distance itself from the One China policy would be seen as problematic because it would seem as though they are moving from de facto independence to de jure independence which would cause further problems nobody wants.

Even though on official records Taiwan isn't a recognized country, the US and other western governments treat it as though it is. There's no need to mess with the peace for the sake of symbolic victories. The One China policy may be a lie for the sake of political expediency with China/PRC but its a lie everybody is fine with.

Last edited:
i know bout da one China Policy... point is, Nixon started that as pander to trade with em back then.

whats China gonna do...attack us or Tawian?
laugh.gif

YES!

Taiwan would get creamed by China. China is already making moves in the South China Sea. Why give them a reason to get even more bold?

must be a lost in translation thing...but China has to know we're just pretending with them for their sake over a "pride/respect" thing

No one is going to get anywhere with China by allowing them to do what they want. We need to ween off the Chinese tit tbh. We need them thinking we are unpredictable, not in a docile state ready to answer to them like we have been with the Obama administration. You are acting like it is an act of war or something lol
It possibly is an act of war. You have no idea how far the PRC government will go to save face.

We pander to China for the sake of peace and economics. Too much of our economy depends on good relations with China. Furthermore no one wants another costly and potentially prolonged conflict. Not even China.

And if you guys actually read past the title of the article, it was just an interest. A simple gesture to show interest. You guys are acting like he paid for the real estate already smh

And if you guys actually read past the title of the article, it was just an interest. A simple gesture to show interest. You guys are acting like he paid for the real estate already smh

That's a problem. It gives an impression that the U.S. is backing Taiwan.

I don't think you guys understand how butthurt China gets over this type of stuff.

Good let them get but hurt then. It's their turn in like to get the shaft

And have Taiwan take the damage. No thanks.

whats China gonna do...attack us or Tawian? :lol:

......luckily you aren't an American diplomat with that type of arrogance.
And China would destroy Taiwan if they wanted to go to war.....we are trying to prevent casualties and collateral damage from happening by employing such a policy.
Last thing you want is to lose allies in a world that is interconnected like this, especially when most of the world wants us dead.

Last edited:
I don't think you guys understand how butthurt China gets over this type of stuff.

and? they bootlegged da whole United States into Chinese prosperity.

they already think we playing games in da South China seas and Japan's island..

That's a problem. It gives an impression that the U.S. is backing Taiwan.

Good let them get but hurt then. It's their turn in like to get the shaft

And have Taiwan take the damage. No thanks.
Funny how two people that are not of Taiwanese or Chinese descent are arguing with us about the fragility of our homeland politics and the effects it would have if the treaties were to be voided :lol:

Back
Top Bottom