***Official Political Discussion Thread***

[h1]Trump’s Immigration Ban Blocks Travelers at Airports Around Globe[/h1]
WASHINGTON — President Trump’s executive order on immigration quickly reverberated through the United States and across the globe on Saturday, slamming the border shut for an Iranian scientist headed to a lab in Boston, an Iraqi who had worked as an interpreter for the United States Army, and a Syrian refugee family headed to a new life in Ohio, among countless others.

Around the nation, security officers at major international gateways had new rules to follow. Humanitarian organizations scrambled to cancel long-planned programs, delivering the bad news to families who were about to travel. Refugees who were airborne on flights when the order was signed were detained at airports.

At least one case quickly prompted a legal challenge as lawyers representing two Iraqi refugees held at Kennedy International Airport in New York filed a motion early Saturday seeking to have their clients released. They also filed a motion for class certification, in an effort to represent all refugees and other immigrants who they said were being unlawfully detained at ports of entry.

Mr. Trump’s order, enacted with the stroke of a pen on Friday afternoon, suspended entry of all refugees to the United States for 120 days, barred Syrian refugees indefinitely, and blocked entry into the United States for 90 days for citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

The White House said the restrictions would protect “the United States from foreign nationals entering from countries compromised by terrorism” and ensure “a more rigorous vetting process.” But critics condemned Mr. Trump over the immediate collateral damage imposed on people who, by all accounts, had no sinister intentions in trying to come to the United States.

Continue reading the main story

After all that has happened since election day, you still can't see that Trump is a bigoted piece of **** nearly everyone in here was calling him months before the election. His recent action prove us right, not you.

Being condescending and a all around insufferable towards others is always more important that discussing the real issues.

The second everyone in here is proven right about Trump, that he is a white supremacist clown, you want the conversation to be about how it is everyone else's fault (Obama, the DNC, liberlas, posters in here), and how right you were.

You never want to talk about the real issues in depth because a) you not knowledgeable about them and b)when it is the next man's life or money, it is inconsequential.

But when Trump hurt your prospects this week, you were in here agreeing.:rolleyes

But maybe you like this xenophobic nonsense going on right now, you *** was spewing that garbage towards me when you thought it was funny.

So sit down, learn the issues, and shut the hell up.

Oh who look who it is. The king of the "fall in line" crowd. People like you deserve tremendous blame for Trump being president. And I'm down to debate issues. This is just what happened to be the topic when I got up this morning.

And my line of argument isn't new at all. I've been saying the same thing since the primaries about the election. And even STILL some of you guys want to be willfully blind about how the electorate has changed on both sides.

When things like this happen I always ask.

How badly do you want to shrink goverment?

Like you are willing to throw your dignity into the hands of a malignant narcissist who has destroyed the careers and reputations of everyone who has ever trusted him...in the name of helping billionaires pay few millions less in taxes a year?

Really?

As Robert Scoefeild said to John Hurt (RIP) "It profits a man NOTHING to give up his soul for the WHOLE WORLD....but for Whales?" :smh:

Last edited:
I guess The Bigot[emoji]8482[/emoji] must hate money because his policies are going to hurt the economy.

I guess The Bigot[emoji]8482[/emoji] must hate money because his policies are going to hurt the economy.

I guess it'll make it easier to claim losses and not pay taxes. Maybe he'll even get tax breaks from NYC for another 20 years.

"I'm smart"

rico doesn't care about anyone but himself...social issues are probably at the bottom of his priority list so you can't really discuss anything with this dude unless it directly affects him.

maybe when he grows up and has a family or something like that will open his eyes but until then these things don't matter to him.

Amazing. Even still with all that's happened since election day. You all still can't see it.

After all that has happened since election day, you still can't see that Trump is a bigoted piece of **** nearly everyone in here was calling him months before the election. His recent action prove us right, not you.

Being condescending and a all around insufferable towards others is always more important that discussing the real issues.

The second everyone in here is proven right about Trump, that he is a white supremacist clown, you want the conversation to be about how it is everyone else's fault (Obama, the DNC, liberlas, posters in here), and how right you were.

You never want to talk about the real issues in depth because a) you not knowledgeable about them and b)when it is the next man's life or money, it is inconsequential.

But when Trump hurt your prospects this week, you were in here agreeing.:rolleyes

But maybe you like this xenophobic nonsense going on right now, you *** was spewing that garbage towards me when you thought it was funny.

So sit down, learn the issues, and shut the hell up.

And this is what annoys me, no opposition or "independent" wants to address the actual issues, just how arrogant you come across while the real world is crumbling. It's frustrating reading this thread at times with the deflections, like do you not see these things happening? is shuting down aggressive liberal poster rhetoric your biggest issue? Wake the **** up and stop being pathetic. THE #1 reason we're here are the Rico's of America that ignored issues in favor of fake objectivity and intelligence.

His stock portfolio has investments in big oil, big banks,and military contractors. By his current policy making, we know what he's trying to do is for himself and the people he surrounds himself with.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter anymore we're all ****** now. And you didn't exactly contribute to trying to stop him either by your vote and defending/excusing every single thing like ninja lite. So please save is your faux outrage cause he's implementing things that directly affect you negatively. You only care now cause it could hurt your "life blood". Doubt you care about any of the other ******** that's happened in the 1st week.

Last edited:
Rico isn't half wrong

I shared my doubts about Hillary plenty times in the thread during the election year, even had Rusty chastise me for being a Bernie supporter

I was a Bernie supporter, but after it became clear that Bernie lost, I switched to "stop that madman from getting to the White House" mode immediately. Looking back, I even blame Bernie for not supportive of Hillary quite enough after he lost. Clearly he failed to persuade a lot of his voters.

Anyone whose "doubts about Hillary" resulted in voting for Drumpf, voting for a third party candidate or not voting should be ashamed. Even if Drumpf wasn't a bigot and was actually a nice person, political experience alone should've been an easy deal breaker between him and Hillary.

This.

Rico talks as if people are fans of political dynasties. From 1990 'til now, we've had Bushes and Clintons with 8 years of Obama in between (which might have been different had he lost the primaries in 2008). It doesn't look good in a democracy. Still, just like 2008 had a special candidate, we found another one in 2016: an habitual liar with a questionable history as a businessman and a human being.

People simply chose to ignore it, and now they're like "why didn't you put up a better candidate?"

There was a better candidate (in the sense that a graze is better than a bullet wound); the people just didn't choose her and went with the gamble.

Time to pay up.

Basically,I still can't see how folks are justifying Trump being a better candidate :lol:

Even as flawed as she was,Hillary Rodham Clinton would've still been a much better president

For some people always see good as the enemy of perfection.

At the end of the day, Bernie would have gotten none of his major stuff done if we didn't fight to give him a decent Congress, same with Hillary. Obama would have been seen as a liberal hero if he had a functioning Congress. Even Bill Clinton would have governed a somewhat of a liberal (I'm being generous) if enough liberal were in Congress.

Obama stayed tryna warn people, progress is a slow and painful thing. Most of the time you're fighting for marginal gains, not part of a sweeping revolution (Bernie's rhetoric kinda fired some folk up way too much, :lol:).

Some people thought that Bernie had the power to deliver everything he promised, so they stupidly became indifferent toward Trump and Hillary.

Conservatives are much more discipline in voting for a candidate they are not excited about. Even Bernie tried to tell people this.

2000, 2010, 2014, and 2016 elections. When Liberals fail to come home, show up, and vote for each others interest, the idiots win.

Last edited:
His stock portfolio has investments in big oil, big banks,and military contractors. By his current policy making, we know what he's trying to do is for himself and the people he surrounds himself with.

Yea I highly doubt he gives a **** about the rest of the country outside of his cronies :lol:

Last edited:
This is a politics thread...harsh opinions are to be expected

If you find them bothersome enough to distract or put you off from the wealth of information that's shared in here every day, that's on you
Then why again focus on rhetoric as opposed to the number of factual links posted and educate yourself? How does this make you any different looking for an argument? I agree it can be off putting at times, but you choose what to engage in. Everytime I see "indepents" pop up here their focus is voter/poster rhetoric, not the issues. Start with the issues.

Nah, im in here catching the knowledge and reading the info.

It's love day on that.

Appreciate this thread on the real.

I wouldn't know have the **** I know unlessit was y'all.

I'd disagree the country is more divided than it has been in the last 8 years. I know what you are trying to say but it's just not true

I think we're on the same side, my g.

The country is more "divided", but they say it's more "unity".

"Unity" to them means middle aged xenophobic white folk are back in charge. When they are in charge, there's more division. But they're cool, so it's all good. "Unity".

"Divided" to them means middle aged xenophobic white dudes are not in charge. When those dudes are not in charge, there's more unity. But they're assed out when there's more unity (and when i say assed out, i mean they are treated like everyone else)

Last edited:
And this is what annoys me, no opposition or "independent" wants to address the actual issues, just how arrogant you come across while the real world is crumbling. It's frustrating reading this thread at times with the deflections, like do you not see these things happening? is shuting down aggressive liberal poster rhetoric your biggest issue? Wake the **** up and stop being pathetic. THE #1 reason we're here are the Rico's of America that ignored issues in favor of fake objectivity and intelligence.

Oh please. This last election wasn't even about issues. It was about scandal and which was least evil. A narrative propagated by the media and the Rusty's of the world. I would have loved to have debated issues but that wasn't where the country was.

It's become about issues now though.Everyone is now a policy wonk. It's actually annoying to be honest. Cats who never gave a damn about politics suddenly have an opinion of cabinet nominees. Give me a break.

I'd disagree the country is more divided than it has been in the last 8 years. I know what you are trying to say but it's just not true

"Unity" to them means middle aged xenophobic white folk are back in charge.

"Divided" to them means middle aged xenophobic white dudes are not in charge.

There are social mandates being created to divide, how could we be unified? All because people weren't paying attention and allowed civil rights to be reduced to a buzz term of " da identity politics".

"Unity" to them means middle aged xenophobic white folk are back in charge. When they are in charge, there's more division. But they're cool, so it's all good. "Unity".

"Divided" to them means middle aged xenophobic white dudes are not in charge. When those dudes are not in charge, there's more unity. But they're assed out when there's more unity (and when i say assed out, i mean they are treated like everyone else)
Okay I see the post you're making. I do agree with it. I mean look at all the white people saying "we finally have our country back!"....when wasn't it theirs? :smh: :lol:

Oh please. This last election wasn't even about issues. It was about scandal and which was least evil. A narrative propagated by the media and the Rusty's of the world. I would have loved to have debated issues but that wasn't where the country was.

It's become about issues now though.Everyone is now a policy wonk. It's actually annoying to be honest. Cats who never gave a damn about politics suddenly have an opinion of cabinet nominees. Give me a break.

Immigration, healthcare, the wall, civil rights, the environment etc wasn't where the country was and wasn't what he blatantly ran on? are you always this smug or just daft?

Way to overlook the corrosiveness of the republican discourse.

Way to overlook the primaries and how one side was slinging mud while the other was about policy.

Way to overlook the constant media focus on scandals and not on the lack of clarity coming from the Trump camp.

The way you're rewriting history makes me think you got an interview at the ministry of truth.

Mannnnn shut up.

You already acknowledged you don't know anything about economics.

You bash the ACA, but have no idea how it can be replaced, hell you didn't even know it beat a filibuster to be passed in the first palce. You where in here spewing ignorance with Ninja.

Anytime we talk fiscal policy, all you have is some nonsense "I'm selfish, I want tax cuts" steez.

You know I'm about the policy, and never once have you added anything real to a policy debate in here. Maybe everyone wanting to talk about policy annoys you because you can't troll and throw jabs from the outside. You actually have to educate yourself to the issue.

Imagine that.

Last edited:
I'm not rewriting anything. I'm simply stating what actually happened. This past election was not about policy. And anyone who says so is a damn liar. Because if it were, then Trump would have never won. That's the reason I didn't vote for him. There were no policy specifics that I'd be able to judge him on. I stated that many times.

Rico is being funny right now
He's accusing every democrat of still having an echo chamber, but doesn't realize he's sounding like he has one himself.

Back
Top Bottom