***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So now I have this morbid curiosity. Since Romney apologized for his 47% comments, what about the people that originally agreed with him? Where do you all stand now? 
roll.gif

by 
Mamiverse Team
 |
10/*****12

In an interview with 
Fox News
 on Thursday night, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney told Fox News correspondent, Sean Hannity, how he would have responded to some topics that weren’t brought up during the first 
presidential debate
 on Wednesday. After 
doubling down
 on his statements made during leaked video footage of a private fundraiser on the 
47 percent of the United States
 population, who from Mr. Romney’s perspective, pay no taxes and rely on government dependence, here is a transcript of what Mr. Romney stated he would have said when asked of his remarks:

"Well, clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question and answer sessions, now and then you’re going to say something that doesn’t come out right. In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."
Admitting you are wrong is not an apology.
You are correct.

I should have said: "Since romney has changed his mind on those phrases..."

However I still wonder what Romney supporters are feeling now that hes changed his tune...again. 
roll.gif

Unemployment is down to 7.8%... 114,000 jobs created... That will slow down Romney's gains before they even truly start.

You do realize the number went down because part time people employed for economic reasons rose by 582,000 to 8,613,000 the largest one month increase since February 2009? Also, in August the number of unemployed and underemployed was 25.8 million. This number rose to 26.2 million in September.

You equate all caps with yelling? 

Good. Because i'm using it for the remainder of this post:

I DON'T CARE WHAT ROMNEY LOOKS LIKE, WHAT HE SOUNDS LIKE, OR HIS ABILITY TO FRAME ARGUMENTS.

THE CONTENT OF HIS POINTS WERE FACTUALLY INACCURATE AND DEVOID OF ANY SIGNIFICANT INFORMATION.

THERE IS NO WINNER HERE ONLY BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THE COLOR OF ROMNEY'S MAKEUP THAN YOU ARE ABOUT THE WORDS THAT COME OUT OF HIS MOUTH. 

PERCENTAGE POINTS MEAN NOTHING TO ME IN RELATION TO A DEBATE.

I DON'T CARE IF ALL THE CHANNELS ARE PROCLAIMING THERE WAS A WINNER. THERE WAS NO VOTE TAKEN. THERE IS NO MEANS TO DETERMINE WHO WINS OR LOSES.

ITS A DEBATE.

ITS A REALM WHERE IDEAS ARE SHARED AND COMPETE. THERE IS NO OBJECTIVE ABILITY TO WIN

THERE ARE ONLY GOOD ARGUMENTS AND BAD ARGUMENTS.

EVEN AS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, ROMNEY'S ARGUMENTS WERE CHOCKED FULL OF ERRORS, MYTHS, AND LONG DEBUNKED CLAIMS. THE MORNING AFTER, ALL THE NEWS OUTLETS WERE CALLING HIM ON HIS LIES.

BUT SOMEHOW, ROMNEY'S ATTITUDE WINS? 

THATS THE PROBLEM HERE. 

YOU ALL CARE MORE ABOUT HOW SOMEONE LOOKS THAN WHAT THEY ACTUALLY SAY. BLAME YOURSELVES FOR THE FLAWS IN THE POLITICAL PROCESS. 

I REFUSE TO BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS SORT OF SOPHISTRY ABOUT "SWAGGER" WHEN THE COMMENTS THEMSELVES WERE COMPLETEL AND UTTERLY LACKING. 

You do realize the number went down because part time people employed for economic reasons rose by 582,000 to 8,613,000 the largest one month increase since February 2009? Also, in August the number of unemployed and underemployed was 25.8 million. This number rose to 26.2 million in September.
Oh here we go.

I bet you're going to tout U6 as better than U3? 
roll.gif

The numbers do NOT include part-time unemployment. 

For those who think Romney didn't win the debate. Latest Polls in BATTLEGROUND states.

Florida. (Lastest Polls)

Rasmussen Reports 10/4 - 10/4 500 LV 4.5 49 47 Romney +2
WeAskAmerica 10/4 - 10/4 1200 LV 3.0 49 46 Romney +3

Obama had previously been up +1-3. That's a drop of 3 - 5 points in one day.

Virginia. (Latest Polls)

Rasmussen Reports 10/4 - 10/4 500 LV 4.5 48 49 Romney +1
WeAskAmerica 10/4 - 10/4 1200 LV 3.0 45 48 Romney +3

Obama had previously been up +2- 4.5 on Monday. Thats a drop of 3 - 7.5 points in one day.

Ohio aka "Whoever wins Ohio wins the Election" (Latest Polls)

Rasmussen Reports 10/4 - 10/4 500 LV 4.5 50 49 Obama +1
WeAskAmerica 10/4 - 10/4 1200 LV 3.0 46 47 Romney +1

Obama had been up as much as +5.5, on average. Thats now a drop of 4.5 - 6.5 points in one day.

Source: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/fl/florida_romney_vs_obama-1883.html

- *Rasmussen Polls was rated the most accurate polling system in the 2008 election.

So, in essence what does this mean? How could the poll numbers drastically dip so much in one day?

Oh thats right, The Presidential Debate.

Whether Obama spit facts and Romney spit nothing but lies, it doesn't matter. America has clearly decided that Romney won the debate Wednesday night (along with the left-wing/Obama favored media!)

What I'm saying to Future and anyone else who does't understand why Romney won the debate is - we live in America. We live in a country whose highest rated television shows are X-factor and Dancing with the Stars. In the Black community its Hip-Hop Atlanta is and within the Hispanic communities the Soap Opera "Novellas" run the show. We live in a culture thats not run by substance but instead enjoys the dramatics. I tried to tell you Future, this country is dumb it's not about what we think about the debate. When I saw the way Mitt Romney performed I already knew how the rest of the country would feel.

Take it or leave it homie. It is what it is. The numbers show it.

For those who think Romney didn't win the debate. Latest Polls in BATTLEGROUND states.
Florida. (Lastest Polls)

Rasmussen Reports 10/4 - 10/4 500 LV 4.5 49 47 Romney +2
WeAskAmerica 10/4 - 10/4 1200 LV 3.0 49 46 Romney +3

Obama had previously been up +1-3. That's a drop of 3 - 5 points in one day.

Virginia. (Latest Polls)

Rasmussen Reports 10/4 - 10/4 500 LV 4.5 48 49 Romney +1
WeAskAmerica 10/4 - 10/4 1200 LV 3.0 45 48 Romney +3

Obama had previously been up +2- 4.5 on Monday. Thats a drop of 3 - 7.5 points in one day.

Ohio aka "Whoever wins Ohio wins the Election" (Latest Polls)

Rasmussen Reports 10/4 - 10/4 500 LV 4.5 50 49 Obama +1
WeAskAmerica 10/4 - 10/4 1200 LV 3.0 46 47 Romney +1

Obama had been up as much as +5.5, on average. Thats now a drop of 4.5 - 6.5 points in one day.

Source: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/fl/florida_romney_vs_obama-1883.html

- *Rasmussen Polls was rated the most accurate polling system in the 2008 election.

So, in essence what does this mean? How could the poll numbers drastically dip so much in one day?

Oh thats right, The Presidential Debate.

Whether Obama spit facts and Romney spit nothing but lies, it doesn't matter. America has clearly decided that Romney won the debate Wednesday night (along with the left-wing/Obama favored media!)

What I'm saying to Future and anyone else who does't understand why Romney won the debate is - we live in America. We live in a country whose highest rated television shows are X-factor and Dancing with the Stars. In the Black community its Hip-Hop Atlanta is and within the Hispanic communities the Soap Opera "Novellas" run the show. We live in a culture thats not run by substance but instead enjoys the dramatics. I tried to tell you Future, this country is dumb it's not about what we think about the debate. When I saw the way Mitt Romney performed I already knew how the rest of the country would feel.

Take it or leave it homie. It is what it is. The numbers show it.
You're a clown.

The media tells you who "wins" a debate and all of a sudden, you proclaim a winner.

I don't give a damn what the TV in the living room says. 

Substance matters to me more than personality. 

I don't care how the country FEELS. I don't care what the country thinks. I don't care what the country values or what they watch in their free time.

You are the very agent to the degradation of the integrity of the political process every time you perpetuate this meme. 

Those numbers don't show a damn thing. You don't win debates. There are only good ideas and well reasoned arguments. 

Thats the problem. This isn't the WWF. Stop letting the paradigm on the glowing box in your room tell you that it is. 

Last edited:
The point of the presidential debate is to get more votes. Polls show Romney did that. Therefore he won. I don't understand what you are arguing.

You are the very agent to the degradation of the integrity of the political process every time you perpetuate this meme. 

Those numbers don't show a damn thing. You don't win debates. There are only good ideas and well reasoned arguments. 

Thats the problem. This isn't the WWF. Stop letting the paradigm on the glowing box in your room tell you that it is. 

Those numbers show nothing? It's all coincidence right? Obama just so happened to lose an incredible amount of poll points in one day? :lol:

This ain't about you fool. You don't decide their isn't a winner of a debate, the American public decides, they already have. So get off the high-horse you parade yourself around on NT.

Stop with the "agent to the degradation of the integrity of the political process" nonsense. Politics doesn't change and politics will never change in America. Politicians and the political process lost integrity a long time ago. Politicians and political campaigns know exactly how to win elections - thats by lying, manipulating, promising, and controlling the American people. But remember - the way they speak, they way they inspire, their personality, the way they read a teleprompter, or the way they debate carries a hell of a lot more weight in an election. Don't blame me for highlighting whats important, you'll never change the system.

Last edited:
The point of the presidential debate is to get more votes. Polls show Romney did that. Therefore he won. I don't understand what you are arguing.

I honestly don't know either bro.

That's exactly what I'm arguing, thats 100% what I'm saying. This kid just won't let up.

Those numbers show nothing? It's all coincidence right? Obama just so happened to lose an incredible amount of poll points in one day?
laugh.gif

This ain't about you fool. You don't decide their isn't a winner of a debate, the America public decides, they already have. So get off the high-horse you parade yourself around on NT.

Stop with the "agent to the degradation of the integrity of the political process" nonsense. Politics doesn't change and politics will never change in America. Politicians and the political process lost integrity a long time ago. Politicians and political campaigns know exactly how to win elections - thats by lying, manipulating, promising, and controlling the American people. But remember, the way they speak, they way they inspire, they're personality, the way they read a teleprompter, or the way they debate carries a hell of a lot more weight in an election. Don't blame me for highlighting whats important in an election.
Romney's smile means more to you than the words that come out of his mouth.

Just admit it and I'll drop it.

Otherwise save the apologetics. 

I'm sorry but you could not be more wrong...

It's called the WWE now

This ain't about me, just like it ain't about you.

You love bringing up smile's. If anything Obama has the better smile :lol:

Get back to science of medicine or racial debating on NT, Political science and the comprehension of campaigning ain't your thing bruh.

This ain't about me, just like it ain't about you.

You love bringing up smile's. If anything Obama has the better smile
laugh.gif

Get back to science of medicine or racial debating on NT, Political science and the comprehension of campaigning ain't your thing bruh.
Bruh. 

I have a higher standard for debate than merely who looks aggressive. 

What don't you understand? 

If the arguments are wack then there is no saving that. 

Unemployment is down to 7.8%... 114,000 jobs created... That will slow down Romney's gains before they even truly start.

You keep believing those false fairy tales.

True, it's improved slightly from the skewed numbers that we were being told, but mostly all of the new jobs being created are minimun wage nonsense.

"Taco Bell had won the chain wars John Spartan"

You keep believing those false fairy tales.

True, it's improved slightly from the skewed numbers that we were being told, but mostly all of the new jobs being created are minimun wage nonsense.

"Taco Bell had won the chain wars John Spartan"
Not true.

Conservatives coming out in full force cause they're mad.

Ya'll weren't tripping when the numbers were high were ya'll. 
roll.gif

I agree Romney won the debate..

On the other hand, Rasmussen & WeAskAmerica have a general right skew... Just going to alert you of that..

When multiple polls had Obama up from 6-9% in Ohio.. Rasmussen had Obama up 1.

Last edited:
Funny that 88 of the top economists didnt come anywhere near predicting the unemployment rate at 7.8%

September jobs report probably won't sway election
By Annalyn Censky @CNNMoney October 5, 2012: 2:47 AM ET

Email Print

Economists are predicting more sluggish job growth ahead.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Don't expect Friday's jobs report to swing the election. In all likelihood, it will show more of the same sluggish job growth the U.S. economy has seen for months.

Economists surveyed by CNNMoney predict the September jobs report, released at 8:30 a.m. ET, will indicate that employers added 110,000 jobs during the month.

That's a slight improvement over 96,000 jobs created in August, but over the longer term, it's not worth celebrating.

Over the past two years, the economy added an average of 140,000 jobs each month. Hiring at that level is barely enough to keep pace with population growth.

Unless jobs suddenly spike above 200,000 or hiring comes to a near stand-still, voters aren't "going to bat an eyelid," said Dan Hamilton, director of economics at California Lutheran University's forecast center.

Not much has changed lately, and that's why economists expect the unemployment rate to remain at 8.1% in September.

"The bottom line is, the labor picture hasn't materially changed in September," said Wells Fargo Economist Sam Bullard.

Check the unemployment rate in your state

Consumer confidence rose during the month, but that's just an indication of how consumers are feeling. Separate reports show more Americans applied for their first week of unemployment benefits in mid September, than in mid August -- a discouraging sign for job growth.

Meanwhile, the same issues that held businesses back in August still kept them from hiring in September. Business owners are still uncertain what their tax rates will be in 2013. Worries about the fiscal cliff remain on the table and the election could change leadership in Congress as well as the White House.

"Layoffs remain very low, but nervous businesses remain equally reluctant to hire more," said Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics. "The looming fiscal issues appear to be weighing on business expansion plans."

Related: Obama may be a job creator after all

Following Friday's jobs report, President Obama will probably continue to say the private sector has been adding jobs for two-and-a-half years. Mitt Romney is likely to point out that more than 20 million Americans remain either unemployed or underemployed.

Both will be right.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/05/news/economy/september-jobs-report-preview/index.html

I agree Romney won the debate..
On the other hand, Rasmussen & WeAskAmerica have a general right skew... Just going to alert you of that..
When multiple polls had Obama up from 6-9% in Ohio.. Rasmussen had Obama up 1.

True. I've read about the political-right skew WeAskAmerica has, Rasmussen as well. I've always been aware but that doesn't change the fact that Rasmussen was the most accurate poll in the 2008 election and the recent Republican primaries. That's why I noted *Rasmussen under the numbers. The polls that had Obama up 6-9% were from CBS, NBC, Fox news polls if i'm not mistaken. I take Rasmussen's polling numbers more serious than any other pollster. I don't think they'd jeopardize their great accuracy levels because some of the management is more conservative.

Check it out, nearly 91% approval rating.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/analysis-most-accurate-polls-2008-presidential-election

True. I've read about the political-right skew WeAskAmerica has, Rasmussen as well. I've always been aware but that doesn't change the fact that Rasmussen was the most accurate poll in the 2008 election and the recent Republican primaries. That's why I noted *Rasmussen under the numbers. The polls that had Obama up 6-9% were from CBS, NBC, Fox news polls if i'm not mistaken. I take Rasmussen's polling numbers more serious than any other pollster. I don't think they'd jeopardize their great accuracy levels because some of the management is more conservative.
Check it out, nearly 91% approval rating.
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/analysis-most-accurate-polls-2008-presidential-election

And in 2010 they were off by a lot.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...rate-quinnipiac-surveyusa-performed-strongly/

September jobs report probably won't sway election

Of course it won't sway the election.. Obama is in the lead anyway...

Just like in the debates Americans look at two things +/- total of jobs... Unemployment %.. Both are good for Obama meaning it will slow any Romney gain from the debate.

Dually noted. Either Rasmussen is horrible at polling the Senate and the House, or they broke bad. Very disappointing. They did such a great job in 2008.

Either way, the rest of the polls come out next week and I'm sure we can both agree that we'd predict a slight bump for Romney because of the Debate. Not as high of a bump as I thought due to the good economic news.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom