***Official Political Discussion Thread***

what if California stopped paying federal taxes though? it's 12% of the federal budget ($400 billion per year).

would there be civil war?

Last edited:
what if California stopped paying federal taxes though?

would there be civil war?
laugh.gif
 at the thought, not your comment. What a time to be alive.

trump was right when he said this: "Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart."

falcons need help

100 tech companies just joined the fight against the ban :wow:

Trump might be the only billionaire on the other side of the fight lmao

Last edited:
100 tech companies just joined the fight against the ban :wow:
not surprised
Having trump trying to ban visas and green cards would hurt their development and cause the USA to be weaker in technological innovation

I can imagine the Onion Sports headline tomorrow:

A picture of Brady with the the caption "Proof that the Moral Arc of the Universe does not bend toward justice."

On the other hand though, this Patriot's victory was morally ambiguous. Yes, Donald Trump said he was rooting for them but Massachusetts is a Blue State, Tom Brady is Elizabeth Warren's constituent and this year Brady did poke a vindictive autocrat in the eye. It wasn't Trump but rustling Goodell was pretty great.

BTW, you know that some time in the 2020's, Drake will be the halftime act. And since it is inevitable (unless the singer succumbs to Takostubo Cardiomyopathy) he will perform One Dance, For Free and Jumpman. I just hope makes it memorable and finishes his performance by releasing thousands of crows at the end of Jumpman.

Last edited:
I can imagine the Onion Sports headline tomorrow:

A picture of Brady with the the caption "Proof that the Moral Arc of the Universe does not bend toward justice."

On the other hand though, this Patriot's victory was morally ambiguous. Yes, Donald Trump said he was rooting for them but Massachusetts is a Blue State, Tom Brady is Elizabeth Warren's constituent and this year Brady did poke a vindictive autocrat in the eye. It wasn't Trump but rustling Goodell was pretty great.
**** all of them except Elizabeth Warren

http://everylibrary.org/library-closures-defunding-2017/

It already looks like 2017 will be a daunting year for library funding and support across the country. We are disheartened to report at least two public library closures and a continued decline of school library funding and support. We are also concerned about an empowered Republican Study Committee who have proposed Federal Budgets with an agenda that includes defunding the National Endowment of the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, as well as the elimination of the Institute of Museum and Library Services which provides millions of dollars in grant funding to libraries. We will continue to see well organized institutions like the Koch Brothers funded Americans For Prosperity PAC come after libraries. That’s why we are starting this year by asking you to help us stand up against these initiatives and support our nation’s libraries.
"Americans for prosperity"
Hahaha
Public Libraries
Two communities in the United States have already announced the closure of their libraries. The anti-tax Douglas County Commissioners in Oregon have decided that their community members no longer need to access their libraries. One woman said she views the library as a cornerstone to growing up, “My mom got me my own library card and I would come in and pick out my books that I wanted. Ya know, libraries are a part of life,” said library patron Darlene Mason. The closure of the ten branch libraries is scheduled for April 1st. The county’s main public library in Roseburg is set to close May 30th. The other library announcing a closure is in Norlina, North Carolina where after six decades of service the doors will permanently shut on January 30th of this year. Closing libraries that serve small rural towns like Norlina and some of the communities in Douglas County, OR. often result in the expansion of the digital divide or the loss of access to broadband and other information services.

School Libraries
2017 has kicked-off with more threats of closures, layoffs, and defunding of school libraries. Most notably, the Galesburg School District in Illinois has a budget agenda that includes a proposal to cut 7 of the 8 libraries in the district that will be discussed at a closed-door meeting on January 25th. We also continue to see cuts to school libraries in Chicago in some of the most impoverished schools and across Chicago only ¼ of the schools have school librarians. In Michigan, the state is currently fighting a lawsuit by seven Detroit schoolchildren who say their schools are horrible — by countering that “there is no fundamental right to literacy.” We fully expect attacks like this to continue throughout 2017 unless we start standing up to support our children and their education.

So much for being worried about kids, Chicago, etc...

Back
Top Bottom