***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Some gems from the announcements:

"The economy is starting to come back very rapidly"

"A very very successful trip, believe me"- referring to the trip abroad.

"One by one we are keeping the promises I made during my campaign"

"Tough new ethics rules" 
roll.gif

Last edited:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-senators-paris-climate-deal-energy-donations
[h1]The Republicans who urged Trump to pull out of Paris deal are big oil darlings[/h1]

Twenty-two senators wrote a letter to the president when he was said to be on the fence about backing out. They received more than $10m from oil, gas and coal companies the past three election cycles
Look at how shocked I am.....can you tell

"As someone who cares deeply about the environment, like I do" 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

"Blocks the development of clean coal"

"The mines are starting to open back up"

"At 3 or 4% growth, which I expect"- referring to the economy growth

"The US will be the cleanest and most environmentally-friendly nation on the planet under the Trump administration" 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

"The highest standard of environmental protection"

"The highest standard of living"

Last edited:
Oh I just remembered none of this matters cause both parties are the same and HER EMAILS. My bad im trippin

Oh I just remembered none of this matters cause both parties are the same and HER EMAILS. My bad im trippin
Phew. Thanks for reminding me that it would have been exactly the same had we elected Hillary Clinton. Almost started to think we all made a terrible mistake.

Remember we have to blame Hillary for all this, because she didn't go talk to the Rust Belt.
Too busy massaging her supporters in their liberal coastal bubbles. She definitely should have sold the rust belt the idea of bringing the coal industry back.

She dropped the ball.

"At what point do they start laughing at us as a country?"

"We don't want other countries and leaders laughing at us anymore, and they won't"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But then it hits you... 
indifferent.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

Belgium Belgium

All I'm saying is "let them have a taste of their own medicine"

It is important to know when to stop talking, and right now, Democrats need to stop trying to appeal to the logical side of the political observer. We need to stop correcting people within our ranks for indiscretions that attack the other side when the same behavior gets a pass in conservative circles.

If I were in charge of CNN when Griffin did what she did (regardless of her reason for doing it), I would've told conservatives these three words:

Freedom of Speech.

It is the same excuse they throw at us for dismissing the danger of alt-right talk, and we are fooling ourselves by not using that same tactic when the situation calls for it.

We have to throw back their ******** arguments at them AND leave the door open to those who want to go back to a reasonable political discourse. What we should stop doing is self-flagellation.

Remember we have to blame Hillary for all this, because she didn't go talk to the Rust Belt and lie to them.
eh i say we blame ourselves

**** that noise.

Blame poor, ignorant, often hateful whites and powerful, morally corrupt, also often hateful whites of mega social and political influence.

You're not putting this on me or my people and I don't associate with or tolerate those specific groups.

Last edited:
Even North Korea ratified the Paris accord. The US is now in the company of Nicaragua, who feels that bigger nations should contribute more, and Syria. The latter obviously being a war torn nation.

Last edited:
RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

Belgium Belgium

All I'm saying is "let them have a taste of their own medicine"

It is important to know when to stop talking, and right now, Democrats need to stop trying to appeal to the logical side of the political observer. We need to stop correcting people within our ranks for indiscretions that attack the other side when the same behavior gets a pass in conservative circles.

If I were in charge of CNN when Griffin did what she did (regardless of her reason for doing it), I would've told conservatives these three words:

Freedom of Speech.

It is the same excuse they throw at us for dismissing the danger of alt-right talk, and we are fooling ourselves by not using that same tactic when the situation calls for it.

We have to throw back their ******** arguments at them AND leave the door open to those who want to go back to a reasonable political discourse. What we should stop doing is self-flagellation.

Dude Kathy Griffin was not making a political statement for the stake of liberals. She was making a tasteless joke for attention.

She is not part of the resistance, she is not fighting for justice on anyone's behalf with this, she is being a comedian. She is not some representative for the Democratic party.

Like what uncomfortable truth was she trying to convey, what upsetting argument was she making for me to lift a finger to defend her action under the guise of free speech?

And what do liberals always tell conservatives when they cry about free speech, that it cuts both ways, that you can't expect private entities not to get pissed off at you. Welp, free speech, Katie Griffin got washed by it.

I save my energy for defending liberals that have to be defended and not giving ground to BS right wing talking points.

Protecting Kathy Griffin just because she is upsetting conservatives is a morally bankrupt position to take imo. Liberals have to fire back, but they don't have to follow conservatives into a mud pit in every way.

Back
Top Bottom