***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Full on career suicide for her though, it's understandable.

She's a comedian with a huge LBGTQ following not a MSM pundit. She will be fine.

The people on the right that are mad at her weren't ever watching/coming to see her stand up routine.

She just gained some new material.

It's not so much her audience but the pressure the people who facilitate her connection to her audience will face, real or supposed. Whether it would really affect their bottom line or not, they don't want to find out. See GMs afraid to touch Kaep.

@BraddJaffy:
Putin admits “patriotically minded” private Russian hackers could have been involved in U.S. election interference

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/...eakingNews&contentID=65381707&pgtype=Homepage

Man is laughing in peoples faces and winking after at this point :lol:

@spectatorindex:
BREAKING: China and the EU will tomorrow express strong support for the 'historic achievement' of the Paris climate deal

China leading from the front after the latest abdication of US leadership...

This *****....

Cassandra Fairbanks‏Verified account @CassandraRules 6h
"Cov fe'fe is "I will stand up" in Arabic. It was right after the bombing in Kabul.
To quote a failed politician:
"Delete your account."

so dude is fluent in ******* arabic now...?

This *****....

"Cov fe'fe is "I will stand up" in Arabic. It was right after the bombing in Kabul.
"Delete your account."

Da Don can barely speak/write fluent English, much less a different language 
laugh.gif

I agree totally with Gry60's post above, but she already got canned from CNN. Can't burn all the bridges.

Theresa May belongs in the fools wildin thread. she thought she was doin it :lol:

This *****....

"Delete your account."

roll.gif

Supporters of the orangutan scanned all the languages of the world to find a word that means something so they could defend their bigot.

This *****....

"Delete your account."

"Despite negative press (I will stand up)"

Obviously referring to the bombing in Kabul.

Watch, China taking over that number one spot from the US after the Paris accords mess. Too much winning, America greatest number 2 country in the world

Last edited:
Trump dont speak regular english
Yet he knows arabic

I dont even remeber half the arabic taught to me as a kid :frown:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-senators-paris-climate-deal-energy-donations

Draining the swamp 
smokin.gif

[h1]The Republicans who urged Trump to pull out of Paris deal are big oil darlings[/h1]

Twenty-two senators wrote a letter to the president when he was said to be on the fence about backing out. They received more than $10m from oil, gas and coal companies the past three election cycles

withdrawal by Donald Trump from the Paris climate accord  would go down as a hallmark of his presidency. It would be unilateral, reckless and splashy – trademark Trump. The president has said  he will announce his decision at 3pm ET (8pm BST) on Thursday. 

But while Trump has often stood on a range of issues as a maverick outlier from mainstream Republican politics, on climate change he is at the centre of the party’s orthodoxy. Trump’s disbelief in climate change and imminent decision on whether to support the Paris agreement reflects an area of unusual agreement between the president and elected Republicans, whose track record of climate change denialism is plain and long.

Unmissable behind the elected Republicans  stand other interests: the oil, gas and coal industries, which together are some of the most influential donors to Republican candidates.

The big-money supporters got a return on their investment last week, when 22 Republican senators whose campaigns have collected more than $10m in oil, gas and coal money since 2012 sent a letter to the president urging him to withdraw from the Paris deal.

Trump had been said to be on the fence about the deal. Members of his inner circle, including his daughter, were reported to favor staying in.

“We strongly encourage you to make a clean break from the Paris Agreement,” read the letter, drafted by Wyoming’s John Barrasso, chairman of the Senate committee on environment and public works, and Oklahoma’s Jim Inhofe, a longtime climate change denier  and senior member of that committee.

The letter argued that the Paris deal threatened Trump’s efforts to rescind the clean power plan, an Obama-era set of regulations and guidelines that include emissions caps and other rules deemed onerous by the fossil fuel industries.

It was not as if Trump wanted for advisers urging him to withdraw from the Paris deal even before the letter was sent. Environmental Protection Agency administrator Scott Pruitt and chief strategist Stephen Bannon urged withdrawal, while energy secretary Rick Perry favored renegotiation.

Public opposition to the deal from almost two dozen senators just as the president prepared to make his decision, however, demonstrated the extent to which the opponents of the Paris deal were organized, ready to strike and to offer important political cover if Trump pulls the US out of the historic global deal.

Donations from oil, gas and coal interests to the signatories of the letter are Open Secrets  that seemed ready for a new review. A Guardian survey of Federal Elections Commission data organized by the Center for Responsive Politics found that the industries gave a total of $10,694,284 to the 22 senators over the past three election cycles.

Visible donations to Republicans from those industries exceeded donations to Democrats in the 2016 election cycle by a ratio of 15-to-1, according to  the Center for Responsive Politics. And that does not include so-called dark money passed from oil interests such as Koch industries to general slush funds to re-elect Republicans such as the Senate leadership fund.

At least $90m in untraceable money has been funneled to Republican candidates from oil, gas and coal interests in the past three election cycles, according to Federal Election Commission disclosures analyzed by  the Center for Responsive Politics.

Here is a breakdown for the past three election cycles (2012, 2014 and 2016).
[h2]James Inhofe, Oklahoma[/h2]
Oil & gas: $465,950

Coal: $63,600

Total: $529,550
[h2]John Barrasso, Wyoming[/h2]
Oil & gas: $458,466

Coal: $127,356

Total: $585,822
[h2]Mitch McConnell, Kentucky[/h2]
Oil & gas: $1,180,384

Coal: $361,700

Total: $1,542,084
[h2]John Cornyn, Texas[/h2]
Oil & gas: $1,101,456

Coal: $33,050

Total: $1,134,506
[h2]Roy Blunt, Missouri[/h2]
Oil & gas: $353,864

Coal: $96,000

Total: $449,864
[h2]Roger Wicker, Mississippi[/h2]
Oil & gas: $198,816

Coal: $25,376

Total: $224,192
[h2]Michael Enzi, Wyoming[/h2]
Oil & gas: $211,083

Coal: $63,300

Total: $274,383
[h2]Mike Crapo, Idaho[/h2]
Oil & gas: $110,250

Coal: $26,756

Total: $137,006
[h2]Jim Risch, Idaho[/h2]
Oil & gas: $123,850

Coal: $25,680

Total: $149,530
[h2]Thad Cochran, Mississippi[/h2]
Oil & gas: $276,905

Coal: $15,000

Total: $291,905
[h2]Mike Rounds, South Dakota[/h2]
Oil & gas: $201,900

Coal: none

Total: $201,900
[h2]Rand Paul, Kentucky[/h2]
Oil & gas: $170,215

Coal: $82,571

Total: $252,786
[h2]John Boozman, Arkansas[/h2]
Oil & gas: $147,930

Coal: $2,000

Total: $149,930
[h2]Richard Shelby, Alabama[/h2]
Oil & gas: $60,150

Coal: $2,500

Total: $62,650
[h2]Luther Strange, Alabama[/h2]
(Appointed in 2017, running in 2017 special election)

Total: NA
[h2]Orrin Hatch, Utah[/h2]
Oil & gas: $446,250

Coal: $25,000

Total: $471,250
[h2]Mike Lee, Utah[/h2]
Oil & gas: $231,520

Coal: $21,895

Total: $253,415
[h2]Ted Cruz, Texas[/h2]
Oil & gas: $2,465,910

Coal: $103,900

Total: $2,569,810
[h2]David Perdue, Georgia[/h2]
Oil & gas: $184,250

Coal: $0

Total: $184,250
[h2]Thom Tillis, North Carolina[/h2]
Oil & gas: $263,400

Coal: $0

Total: $263,400
[h2]Tim Scott, South Carolina[/h2]
Oil & gas: $490,076

Coal: $58,200

Total: $548,276
[h2]Pat Roberts, Kansas[/h2]
Oil & gas: $388,950

Coal: $28,825

Total: $417,775

Sum total for all 22 Republican signatories: $10,694,284

This *****....

"Delete your account."

Cassandra is full of covfefe with this bs translation

Anyone been following the UK general election campaign?

The incumbent conservative PM had a 24 point lead in the polls when she called the election a little over a month ago and now according to this week's polls,her lead over the Labour party and it's leader that the media deemed 'unelectable' not long ago has evaporated to just 3 points with a week left before polls open...

Pretty mad given how short campaign seasons are in the UK,to make up almost a 20 point defect in a matter of weeks is insane :wow: :x

She didn't help herself by skipping the last debate and all of her opponents took turns ethering her :lol:.

Looks like the British press smearing of Corbyn has had an opposite effect,his support has soared once folks actually listened to the mans ideas. Labours manifesto, or platform, has been winning people over while Mays numbers crater.

She's still slightly favored but it's looking like her idea to call early elections to solidify a majority for her mandate will backfire in her face big time. If she wins it'll be real close it looks like and she'll probably need a coalition to govern.

It's been refreshing to see real progressive momentum and gains there after Brexit last year. The 'far left radical' who survived a coup attempt by the moderates in his own party last year,is currently more popular with voters than the incumbent

Nah, chill

First, dude swore he was anti Brexit (I guess that was the party position) he was talking some was Pro-Brexit talking points, wasn't he? Like I told Rex, I don't care the reason, dude threw immigrants and Muslims with that ****. Where was the resistance. He sounds kinda happy about the prospect of it now though. He is talking that "we want access to the markets but want to control immigration" talk too. That is a dog whistle. I am tried of so called real progressive using right wing dog whistles

He seems short sighted in policy. The main thing that will sour people on far left politicians is bad governance and bad policy. Dude seems more Jill Stein than Bernie Sanders to me

I feel bad for the UK, it seems their two options are just two varieties of buffoonery

Last edited:
It wasn't the most tasteful photo, but I really didn't even think twice about it.

The guy is a total POS and appeals to even worse POS. ****'em.

Back
Top Bottom