***Official Political Discussion Thread***

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/31/trum...king-out-of-paris-agreement-analysts-say.html

Economic "suicide" then.

If other countries decide to strengthen green regulations on products entering their markets and the US doesn't feel like respecting them, good luck with making the economy grow as US products get shunned from international markets.

In addition, an increasingly indebted population diminishes the appeal of the US as an export destination (indebted folks don't spend), especially when its total population represents 1/6 of the combined population of China and India (countries with flourishing economies and a larger potential to grow their consumer base).

The last element of leverage will be the military and exporting war left and right to destabilize those areas that don't feel like messing with the US, especially if the status of the USD as a reserve currency comes under threat.

Where's the win again? Are we the baddies?

https://twitter.com/c40cities

http://www.c40.org/

Austin
Boston
Chicago
Houston
Los Angeles
New Orleans
New York
Philadelphia
Portland
San Francisco
Seattle
Washington DC

Looks like every major (and non hick/inbred infested) American city is going to follow the Paris Climate Agreement regardless of Trump's decision.

Coal country can go @#$@ off for all I care

And many of those cities will continue to be the epicenter of the US when it comes to jobs, opportunities, and attracting the best talent. The brain drain on coal country the rest of the rust belt will just further be exacerbated.

kyoto protocol part 2.

ahhh met da same fate too...feels good

cage_bliss.gif

now if ya'll excuse me imma go find a clip of Bill Mckibben weeping in a corner. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
You're insane. 

Just saw a meme...

"The last time a D-list celebrity did something as offensive as Kathy Griffin, they got elected president."

100%

I'm hoping Miami jumps on board with the other cities. Cause if the ice caps melt, the whole state is underwater.

kyoto protocol part 2.

ahhh met da same fate too...feels good

cage_bliss.gif

now if ya'll excuse me imma go find a clip of Bill Mckibben weeping in a corner. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

You're insane. 

If Obama wanted a lasting treaty he should've took it to Congress & got it ratified.

if "green energy" is gonna win its gonna do it on its own merits, not da US handcuffing its arms from our natural resources.

let da games begin.

It's pretty sad that topics like climate change and evolution are still debated in a country like the United States.

It's pretty sad that topics like climate change and evolution are still debated in a country like the United States.

Might be one of the only countries where it's devolved into a partisan issue :lol: :smh:

The fossil fuel lobby's got a huge amount of pull on many of these pros members of congress

Last edited:
Years ago climate change was not a partisan issue. McCain had cap and trade in his 2008 platform and policy to try to address it.

Once the black liberal boogieman started trying to do something about it, then the GOP made it a partisan issue

And then idiots bought it

Its just sad that it feels like all the things they force fed us everywhere didn't sink in to make any change. We had whole cartoons dedicated to us knowing about the environment and global warming as a threat(Captain Planet). Racism and cops were front and center with Rodney King. 

Now we just crap on the environment and cops shoot black people instead of beating them. 

Terrible times.

Terry Crews should just change his name and run against The Rock as President Camacho. 

Its just sad that it feels like all the things they force fed us everywhere didn't sink in to make any change. We had whole cartoons dedicated to us knowing about the environment and global warming as a threat(Captain Planet). Racism and cops were front and center with Rodney King. 

Now we just crap on the environment and cops shoot black people instead of beating them. 

Terrible times.

Terry Crews should just change his name and run against The Rock as President Camacho. 

He might be too wonkish for America at this point

Terrible times.

He might be too wonkish for America at this point
Word. Why are we feeding the PLANTS our Brawndo? Real Americans were left behind from da Brawndo and DESERVE to get their coal and Brawndo back! Not da plants!

Macron's remark about Trump wanting to "renegotiate a better climate arrangement": "there is no plan B because there is no planet B"

:lol: I think I like that guy.

Also, while listening to the BBC coverage of that decision, I couldn't help but think how stupid we must sound to the rest if the world. They had a farmer essentially say on the radio that he didn't believe in climate change because he has been working outside for 40 years and he just didn't see it.

Think about it, this is the country that boasts some of the finest universities on this planet.

Back
Top Bottom