***Official Political Discussion Thread***

good lord...

when the bush tax cuts weren't even enough to see the massive positive gains they talk about tax cuts giving..

you know they taking you for a ride...

laugh.gif

-The top marginal tax bracket is 39.6%, and that is for income over $413,201

That doesn't mean you pay the government 39.6 of the 413,201 amount

You don't seem to know how tax brackets work

-Additionally:

Social Security is 6.2 percent, capped at around 118K

Medicare is 1.45%

-Please, link me the IRS page saying that people in the United States pay 43% of the income to the government. Srs

Last edited:
That article doesn't take into account payroll taxes. And somehow makes it seems like only the lower class people take deductions.

And the rich pays most of the taxes, but also receive large amounts of welfare in America. LINK

Conservatives love to leave out how many tax deductions there are in place to soften the blow for the wealthy.

Last edited:
[thread="509493"]if only the median wages in america kept up with the increase in business profits... [/thread]
[thread="509493"] [/thread]
[thread="509493"]then the lower income earners could actually be in a tax bracket to pay more taxes...lol[/thread]

Only if :lol:

The American worker hasn't gotten a wage increase in good while. LINK

And that was a bleep on the radar, the middle class had been struggling since the 1970s

But all conservative have as an answer is "bootstraps"

And that was a bleep on the radar, the middle class had been struggling since the 1970s

It's worse than ever under your boy Obama.

Liberals' only answer is to demonizes and tax the job funders (since you don't like the term job creators) and business owners.

Last edited:

Only if
laugh.gif

Liberals' only answer is to demonizes and tax the job funders (since you don't like the term job creators) and business owners.
job funders?

im pretty sure the consumers are the one's who fund the companies they spend money at ...lol

Conservatives help gut the ACA, denying people heath insurance out of spite, no student loan reform, no infrastructure bill, no jobs bill, no free community college, no immigration reform, and fought tooth and nail to convince him to not roll back majority of the Bush tax cuts

So no extra revenue to provide more government services, so program that would result in tons of quality jobs, pile on addition expenses on people, and deny them a chance to build human capital. This is the modern GOP

Obama has gotten nearly none of his progressive job creating plans through, because of the GOP's petulance.

So miss me with this notion that is just Obama's fault.

And once again, our economy is based on consumption. Consumers demanding goods and services is what that creates jobs. Not some CEO feeling charitable

Last edited:
Conservatives help gut the ACA, denying people heath insurance out of site, no student loan reform, no infrastructure bill, no free community college, and not immigration reform, and thought tooth and nail to convince him to not roll back majority of the Bush tax cuts

Obama has gotten nearly none of his progressive job creating plans through, because of the GOP's petulance.

And once again, our economy is based on consumption. Consumers demanding goods and services is what that creates jobs. Not some CEO feeling charitable

My company just cut 5% of our workforce as a result of increased costs from your precious ACA as well as increased materials costs that has resulted in increased retail prices for our goods. I'll tell all the people who got laid off its ok bc Rusty says so.

ACA was the effect, not the cause. Why is it that people always complain about the effect, but not the cause?

Some people actually believe that horse **** they televise on these leftist networks like the govt is Robin Hood

Conservatives help gut the ACA, denying people heath insurance out of site, no student loan reform, no infrastructure bill, no free community college, and not immigration reform, and thought tooth and nail to convince him to not roll back majority of the Bush tax cuts

My company just cut 5% of our workforce as a result of increased costs from your precious ACA as well as increased materials costs that has resulted in increased retail prices for our goods. I'll tell all the people who got laid off its ok bc Rusty says so.

If the ACA had price controls in it, a public option, folk were allowed to import drugs, and were allowed to buy across state lines, then the ACA would be saving everyone a ton

Liberals have proposed all of this to lower cost, and converstive say HELL NO.

And lets not forget that the healthcare situation was reaching crisis levels, and every candidate had a healthcare proposal. And Obama's was considered the best because it got the most people coverage. Which was the prime objective at the time

So yes, maybe everyone should be educated on the BS the GOP feeds people.

--------

And lets keep it honest. The push back from the ACA, which is a center right solution, is the fact it helps the working poor the most.

And minorities are disproportionately represented in that demographic.

The GOP doesn't say a peep about stuff like SSDI

Plus most people in America get their health insurance cost subsidized by the federal government

Last edited:
RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ACA is center right huh? It is not. It was shoved down the American people's throat unconstitutionally by using the reconciliation rule. Jonathan Gruber admitted they lied to get it passed, and it was only passed due to "the stupidity of the American voter".

"Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass. … Look, I wish … we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/10/obamacare-architect-we-passed-law-due-to-stupidity/

Last edited:
-The top marginal tax bracket is 39.6%, and that is for income over $413,201

That doesn't mean you pay the government 39.6 of the 413,201 amount

You don't seem to know how tax brackets work

-Additionally:

Social Security is 6.2 percent, capped at around 118K

Medicare is 1.45%

-Please, link me the IRS page saying that people in the United States pay 43% of the income to the government. Srs

If I am a high earning self employed taxpayer... I pay at a minimum 15.3% in Self Employment taxes + 39.6% ordinary tax rates + 0.9% Additional Medicare Tax + 3.8% Net Investment Income Tax = 59.6%. But that's not all... in CA high earners pay 12.3% in personal income taxes plus 1% in CA Mental Health Services tax = 72.9% total. Oh also add to that.. the Alternative Minimum Tax just in case you have too many deductions! :lol:

If I am a high earning self employed taxpayer... I pay at a minimum 15.3% in Self Employment taxes + 39.6% ordinary tax rates + 0.9% Additional Medicare Tax + 3.8% Net Investment Income Tax = 59.6%. But that's not all... in CA high earners pay 12.3% in personal income taxes plus 1% in CA Mental Health Services tax = 72.9% total. Oh also add to that.. the Alternative Minimum Tax just in case you have too many deductions! :lol:

How dare you complain about paying taxes! You are rich and priveledged and we deserve your money too!

:smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom