***Official Political Discussion Thread***

only the best people....

Trump Sought Reassurance From Fox News Before He Dumped Climate Pact

Kimberly Guilfoyle, co-host of Fox’s nightly news program “The Five,” revealed on air Thursday that the president called her at 8 a.m. to discuss “climate change” — and taxes.

“I think he did the brave and courageous thing, and in fact I told him that this morning ... when he called,” said Guilfoyle, referring to the president’s controversial decision to back out of the Paris Agreement. “I spoke to him about it, and this was something very much so on his mind.”

Imagine that. Other countries don't even have to embed their spies in our organizations. They just send on vacation here and buy them a cable package with all the Fox network channels on it. And that's when Trump isn't inviting them in closed door meetings in the White House, with the football sitting on the desk...

This dude was so transparently a con-man. You have to be an intellectual baby to not have seen it beforehand.

You literally have grown *** adults JUST learning that Santa, in the shape of a Republican for the people patriot, isn't real. Those fools have been about disappropriating wealth to the uber rich. And gift wrap supposed unregulated freedom just to then have corporate interests crip walk all over the fantasy of what they thought it meant.

Last edited:
These are our actual leaders in 2017.

Michigan GOP Rep. Tim Walberg isn’t concerned about the effects of climate change — if it exists — because God will “take care of it.”

Walberg was speaking to constituents in Coldwater, Mich., last week when he was asked about climate change.

Walberg, who has previously questioned the existence of global warming, first joked that he could take some global warming at home in Michigan because it was too cold and some global cooling in Washington because of the humidity.

Walberg then conceded that the climate was changing, before adding that wasn't anything new.

"[A]s a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I’m confident that, if there’s a real problem, he can take care of it.”

^^Type of folks who truly believ that ignorance is bliss :lol:,all the things you listed and the outrageous hypocrisy don't matter to them as long as they feel like they're taking "their" country back and everyone falls back in their place :lol: :rolleyes

Last edited:
This dude was so transparently a con-man. You have to be an intellectual baby to not have seen it beforehand.

You literally have grown *** adults JUST learning that Santa, in the shape of a Republican for the people patriot, isn't real. Those fools have been about disappropriating wealth to the uber rich. And gift wrap supposed unregulated freedom just to then have corporate interests crip walk all over the fantasy of what they thought it meant.

That, and Christian white supremacy is a helluva drug

You also have a lot of people who think the bible is to be taken literally, word for word, and that the earth is only a few thousand years old. 24% to be exact. That is complete and utter lunacy and any sort of logic and rationality just flies straight out the window with them.

And of course this always applies too:

"I’ll tell you what’s at the bottom of it,” he said. “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you."- LBJ

Last edited:

That, and Christian white supremacy is a helluva drug

Pretty much American Wahhabism but it only becomes a public menace/threat when it's darker skinned peoples doing and preaching the same things...

Last edited:
Phew. I feel much better knowing God will take care of our climate should we **** it up. Not sure why I was even worried in the first place. Thx Jesus.

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?!!! :smh: :lol:

So since we all on Da Coal train wether we want to or not, I better have a summer electric bill of 40$ as opposed to 300$ a month b....dem coal workers better get going, I want my return on investment b! Even though I didn't invest in Trump willingly....

Is this how it works?

considering energy bills are 3x more expensive in Europe than da United States on average, yes this is exactly how it works :pimp:

Originally Posted by ksteezy  

So since we all on Da Coal train wether we want to or not, I better have a summer electric bill of 40$ as opposed to 300$ a month b....dem coal workers better get going, I want my return on investment b! Even though I didn't invest in Trump willingly....

Is this how it works?
$300 a month though? I don't even pay that much. Our electric bill is around €200 a month on average, so around $225. And by the end of this month our energy costs will be reduced to the legal minimum as part of my disability benefits. Not sure on the exact amount we'll save per month though, those benefits are applied automatically to all households when a person matches the 2 required criteria; the statute of disability and the approval of a monthly disability allowance. 

The price of energy in europe is due to multiple factors

1. Some european nations like denmark tax basic electricity prices more heavily.

Taxes and levies explain high prices in some European countries. EU countries taxed residential electricity rates at an average of 31% in 2013, up from an average of 23% in 2006. These values vary greatly by country, with tax ratess in 2013 as low as 5% in the United Kingdom (UK) and up to 57% in Denmark.

2. Natural Gas is cheaper and more abundant in the US.

Although about 18% of 2012 EU generation came from natural gas, most EU countries consume more natural gas than they produce and thus rely on pipeline or liquefied natural gas (LNG) imports. From 2006 to 2013, prices for natural gas at the main trading hubs in the UK and Germany increased by more than a third, while prices at the U.S. benchmark Henry Hub decreased by 45%.

3. Germany uses taxs on electricity taxes to subsidize renewable, and removal/decomission of nuclear and coal plants.

Germany committed to reducing the number of operating nuclear plants in the country and introduced policy incentives to reduce electricity generation from coal. Replacing these existing facilities and their fuels with new generation sources has also increased their electricity cost.

I don't see why so many people are against nuclear power

Modern advancements have made it much safer

Nuclear with wind and solar can accommodate a lot of areas

The price of energy in europe is due to multiple factors

1. Some european nations like denmark tax basic electricity prices more heavily.
2. Natural Gas is cheaper and more abundant in the US.
3. Germany uses taxs on electricity taxes to subsidize renewable, and removal/decomission of nuclear and coal plants.
At the same time, Germany's economy is dominating, the standard of living is high, progressive in many areas, ...

So we put coal diggers back to work and put engineers and scientist out of work [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom