MI: 51,463/10,704
PA: 49,678/46,765
WI: 31,006/22,177

When a false equivalency backfires

"Don't blame third-party voters!"

"I voted my conscience"

"But her emails!!"

"But Russia!"

How many of them are playing the ostrich right at this moment?

Took 2 seconds to Google Germany's long term goals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Climate_Action_Plan_2050#Energy_sector

The energy sector GHG target for 2030 is 175–183 million tonnes CO2eq or a reduction of 61–62% relative to 1990. The energy supply must be "almost completely decarbonised" by 2050, with renewables as its main source. For the electricity sector, "in the long-term, electricity generation must be based almost entirely on renewable energies" and "the share of wind and solar power in total electricity production will rise significantly".[1]

If "possible and economically sensible", renewable energy will be used directly in all sectors, and electricity from renewable sources will be used efficiently for heating, transport, and industry. The utilization of biomass will be limited and sourced mostly from waste. The plan states that transitioning to a power supply based on renewables while ensuring supply security is "technically feasible". During the transition, "less carbon-intensive natural gas power plants and the existing most modern coal power plants play an important role as interim technologies".[1]

The plan states that "the climate targets can only be reached if coal-fired power generation is reduced step-by-step". Moreover, the German government "in its development cooperation does not lend support to new coal power plants". Regions which depend on coal, like the Lausitz, need special consideration: "we must succeed in establishing concrete perspectives for the future of the affected regions, before concrete decisions on the step-by-step withdrawal from the lignite industry can be taken".[1]

Notwithstanding, a coal phase-out for Germany is implied in the plan, environment minister Barbara Hendricks said in an interview on 21 November 2016. "If you read the Climate Action Plan carefully, you will find that the exit from coal-fired power generation is the immanent consequence of the energy sector target. ... By 2030 ... half of the coal-fired power production must have ended, compared to 2014", Hendricks said.[50][51]

The plan also establishes a regional fund to foster new businesses in lignite mining regions. The government will need to ensure that EU competition law does not inhibit the operation of the fund.[1]

I guess 20 years of community college doesn't necessarily make someone educated after all :rolleyes

Last edited:
I listened to him and consulted my ancestors
roll.gif
laugh.gif

The price of energy in europe is due to multiple factors

1. Some european nations like denmark tax basic electricity prices more heavily.

Taxes and levies explain high prices in some European countries. EU countries taxed residential electricity rates at an average of 31% in 2013, up from an average of 23% in 2006. These values vary greatly by country, with tax ratess in 2013 as low as 5% in the United Kingdom (UK) and up to 57% in Denmark.

2. Natural Gas is cheaper and more abundant in the US.

Although about 18% of 2012 EU generation came from natural gas, most EU countries consume more natural gas than they produce and thus rely on pipeline or liquefied natural gas (LNG) imports. From 2006 to 2013, prices for natural gas at the main trading hubs in the UK and Germany increased by more than a third, while prices at the U.S. benchmark Henry Hub decreased by 45%.

3. Germany uses taxs on electricity taxes to subsidize renewable, and removal/decomission of nuclear and coal plants.

Germany committed to reducing the number of operating nuclear plants in the country and introduced policy incentives to reduce electricity generation from coal. Replacing these existing facilities and their fuels with new generation sources has also increased their electricity cost.

dumbasses :lol:

btw, Germany is actually expanding their coal consumption to offset da nuclear plant shutdowns.

And India is canceling coal plant construction projects because they get cheaper power from solar farms.

Also, I'm sure that if you look up the long term planning strategy of Germany, you will find out that coal use is a temporary measure aimed at meeting the power demand while they transition to other sources of renewable energy. In some short term planning scenarios, coal plants might even be used as emergency capacity in case the actual daily demand is higher than the forecasted demand. That doesn't mean that Germany will make it the backbone of their energy infrastructure.

Edit: good find sfc415 sfc415

Last edited:
short term plan promises....from politicians? :lol:

since you're doing your googles, go see how well da kyoto protocol worked to reduce emissions while sky rocketing da EU prices, and compare it to da US who merely boosted Natural gas exports.. :lol:

Last edited:
I learned an entire professional skillset just off 3 quarters of online community college courses, while people in this country are spending 10 years in high school and salivating over coal :smh: Natural selection will eventually wipe these people out, but for now we have to deal with the people these idiots help get elected :smh:

Last edited:
mans talking bout a country he never been to :rofl:

i got family in Spain, they make it clear how much their energy prices is when they come to visit.

some of ya should move to Europe though since ya wanna pay that arm & leg money for electricity & pay thru da nose in taxes.

Last edited:
By the way, if anyone wants to move to Spain, take it from someone who's actually of Iberian descent instead of black Americans claiming to be Spaniards: cost of living is much cheaper, even in an expensive city like Barcelona. You can rent a large apartment,pay for utilities, pay for a metro transportation, and buy groceries for less than the base rental price of a roach infested closet in the Heights (unless you depend on handouts from the government).

Living right outside of Barcelona is obviously even cheaper. My relatives live in Molins de Rei, which is half an hour from Barcelona's city center. They are not concerned about an "expensive" utility bill AT ALL :lol:

Last edited:
Like I could point out how idiotic someone would look to criticize Kenyesianism yet support politican that engage in massive deficit spending and champions an infrastructure bill to boost the economy

But talking to a brick wall would be more productive.So why waste my breath on the wind

Last edited:
By the way, if anyone wants to move to Spain, take it from someone who's actually of Iberian descent instead of black Americans claiming to be Spaniards: cost of living is much cheaper, even in an expensive city like Barcelona. You can rent a large apartment,pay for utilities, pay for a metro transportation, and buy groceries for less than the base rental price of a roach infested closet in the Heights (unless you depend on handouts from the government).

Dude don't give him the satisfaction to play victim again and run to Meth

da best thing about da pull out of da climate accord is we're not gonna be handing over billions of dollars of money da United States doesn't have anyways to other countries that can develop their own natural Resources.

China is da most hilarious case considering not only would they qualify for it, they're actually exploring and investing in da African Continent's Natural Resources because da Western world decided they rather pay subsidies to keep em in 3rd world Conditions than to partner up and bring up to da 1st world.

Congrats China for being shrewd business men.

I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled when I'm in Barcelona this summer.

/humblebrag

Living right outside of Barcelona is obviously even cheaper. My relatives live in Molins de Rei, which is half an hour from Barcelona's city center. They are not concerned about an "expensive" utility bill AT ALL
laugh.gif
I know someone who went out there last year, and is now saving to move out there...so I'm sure I'm not going to come back. Just beach bum it out there.
laugh.gif

Why you all wasting our time talking to the wind.

Da gust can't grasp a trend line, it is pointless

I have a degree in power engineering.

i'm sorry, I can't help correcting the signal-to-noise ratio when it gets windy.

I understand famb, when the economic nonsense would get spewed I sometimes could not stop myself

On some real ****, I don't have a problem with not going college or pursuing education beyond high school.

What I do have a problem with is people who don't respect the time it takes to understand how the world works. My grand-parents weren't educated, but they knew the value of education. When's the last time you heard a US politician talk about learning for knowledge's sake?

To make things worse, this country has elevated random people's opinions to the same level as researched facts, all to make a buck. And you now have ignoramuses thinking that just because sounds can come out of their mouth means that what they say is relevant.

Back
Top Bottom