***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The Bill Maher clip... pic.twitter.com/g0Z1eatzqP
— Brandon (@Jus1Nyt) June 3, 2017

Bill Maher is a moron, every time I give him an inch, he reminds me of that fact

This is the only comment I will make about this and will not debate anyone about this. While I understand why people will be mad at this at the end he's a comedian. I bet you laughed when watching Django at times. Stop holding comedians to some high standard when it's literally a joke with no bad intentions built into it.

Normal people didn't get mad at Chris Rock when he said cracka and made fun of white people like that. You know better than that than to take him literally on **** like this. Let comedians be comedians without holding them so some crazy standard when they are there just to lighten up the mood.

Not exactly some crazy standard..

Be smart enough not to use certain words, simple enough

Maybe they should reevaluate why they feel the need to even use the word, no matter the circumstances

Lil dickie found a way to be funny talking about using the n word without actually saying it at the end of one of his songs, but pointing on some social issues with the word

This is the only comment I will make about this and will not debate anyone about this. While I understand why people will be mad at this at the end he's a comedian. I bet you laughed when watching Django at times. Stop holding comedians to some high standard when it's literally a joke with no bad intentions built into it.

Normal people didn't get mad at Chris Rock when he said cracka and made fun of white people like that. You know better than that than to take him literally on **** like this. Let comedians be comedians without holding them so some crazy standard when they are there just to lighten up the mood.

People really should see Bills appearance on Crossfire which was later cancelled

The Bill Maher clip... pic.twitter.com/g0Z1eatzqP
— Brandon (@Jus1Nyt) June 3, 2017

Bill Maher is a moron, every time I give him an inch, he reminds me of that fact

-No I didn't laugh when white people said ***** in Django. I don't even know what that is suppose to mean anyway

-And I am not holding a comedian to a some high standard. I am holding him to a basic standard. If a regular person made that joke, I would call them an idiot. Telling jokes for a living doesn't mean they can/should have a free pass to say whatever they want.

-And Bill Maher is not a comedian 100% of the time, most of the time he wants to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
White people not using the n-word isn't a crazy standard. 

It SHOULD be quite easy, but they seem to have real issues with it.

He shouldn't have said it especially since he's an old rich White guy and usually that type of situation doesn't end well. But I don't think he should lose another TV show over a controversial statement. I mean it's not even a statement it's a joke on HBO. I think if there's any group that should have serious qualms with Bill it would be Muslims. Bill goes in on Muslims every week.

Today is the 25th anniversary of Bill Clinton's now-legendary appearance on The Arsenio Hall Show.

Zuckerberg running for president is as predictable as who the NBA champions will be that day Kevin Durant signed with a 73 win team.

Maher's joke was tasteless and idiotic but not outright racist. He should know better. I was disappointed.

He shouldn't lose his job over it though.

ANOTHER Day ANOTHER Libbie crying about someone speaking their mind B. Da Don knows that REAL AMERICANS speak their minds which is why I voted for him 4 times B. Da real problem with LIBBIES is that they too busy relying on conjecture and innuendo rather than Da FAX B.

I've never felt compelled to gather an opinion on "the n word" but I've always believed in context and peoples intent behind words. Not just "the n word" but just words in general, "the n word" in particular holds a deeper darker emotion for African americans and I firmly believe people shouldn't even engage in dialogue about the word its insensitive, disrespectful, awkward and silly for the most part (Especially two white men with no backround in politics or history). I didn't watch the whole episode to gather a context on why they were joking about slavery in a field, that's just sick and twisted humor that I probably wouldn't like..... but at the same time we're all grown, we all know how "shock value" works in the media ...comedians in reality should be held to lower standard than average citizens and people in office i.e Kathy griffin, chris rock, bill maher etc.

I think jay z has said it best, and he's pretty well known for saying racist **** in the context of being racist.

Last edited:
Bill should've been cut a long time ago with his believe that Islam is a "bad idea" or whatever nonsense he said.

And as for the Django example, again, CONTEXT. The movie, no matter how ridiculous it was, was literally about slavery. Of course characters, white and black, are going to use the n-word. That's completely different from a poorly executed joke that had ZERO to do with the subject at hand.

Damn, reading facebook comments from people who defend Trump for pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement seriously hurts my head. These people are idiots.

White people not using the n-word isn't a crazy standard. 

It SHOULD be quite easy, but they seem to have real issues with it.
As a white man, admittedly I say the word when I'm home alone and get hyped when one of my favorite Future or Gucci mane songs is playing. I think it would be kind of silly to skip the word in the lyrics when I'm alone in the house. Other than that specific situation I don't see any rational reason why a white person would even want to use that word given its history and connotations. And it certainly shouldn't be said when anyone else is around. Personally I think many white people who obsess over it just feel some type of way that black folks can use a word that white people "can't use." There are so many alternatives to the n-word (the one ending in -a) that there is zero reason to use that particular term. It's not hard. 

Last edited:
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ozen-more-trump-ethics-waivers-to-be-released

Draining da swamp 
smokin.gif

The Office of Government Ethics (OGE) is reportedly set to release copies of roughly two dozen ethics waivers for federal officials next week, showing which officials are focusing on issues that they worked on in their private sector jobs.

The waivers are in addition to the ones the Trump administration released this week, The Wall Street Journal reports. The White House released those ethics pledge waivers Wednesday, exempting at least a dozen White House officials.

The government ethics office has gotten responses to its waiver requests from 135 of 136 agencies so far, the Journal reports. The requests were issued in part to ensure Trump administration officials were abiding by federal ethics rules.

The rules include Trump’s January executive order that required appointees who were past lobbyists, to remove themselves from lobbying activities for two years after they were appointed.

OGE has also promised it will look into a series of undated ethics waiversthat were released by the Trump administration this week and which allow White House staff to interact with former clients and employers.

Senior White House adviser Stephen Bannon may have been retroactively been given permission  to interact with his former media organization, Breitbart.

Trump had mandated an ethics pledge that would keep Bannon from participating in Breitbart-related activities. If, in fact, the waiver was granted after an ethics complaint took aim at Bannon's discussions with Breitbart editors, the White House could be in violation of federal ethics rules.

Some of the replies in this thread I have a hard time figuring out if they are seriously are trolling ninjahood... lol

Back
Top Bottom