***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Parties usually don't have running platform to my knowledge. They right a new one at the national convention and state parties usually have one for the midterms.

The party platform for the Dems would still probably be the one written at the 2016 Convention.

I'm talking as far as other than pointing the finger at the GOP and calling them meanies. What is their platform to get seats back next year and so on?

It is too early to know what their national strategy for the midterms this early.

And usually they give some leeway because not all local Dems what to be tied to national campaign.

But since midterms is about driving turnout I assume they will focus on economic messaging and undoing Trump's harmful policies

Keep in mind though in a midterm after a presidential election, the minorities party's usual beat play is run against the sitting president.

Saying stuff like Trump's healthcare plan is going to kill people is a bit more than calling him a meanie

Plus the Dems have to rebuild their infrastructure

Last edited:
Parties usually don't have running platform to my knowledge. They right a new one at the national convention and state parties usually have one for the midterms.

The party platform for the Dems would still probably be the one written at the 2016 Convention.

I'm talking as far as other than pointing the finger at the GOP and calling them meanies. What is their platform to get seats back next year and so on?

It is too early to know what their national strategy for the midterms this early.

And usually they give some leeway because not all local Dems what to be tied to national campaign.

But since midterms is about driving turnout I assume they will focus on economic messaging and undoing Trump's harmful policies

Keep in mind though in a midterm after a presidential election, the minorities party's usual beat play is run against the sitting president.

Saying stuff like Trump's healthcare plan is going to kill people is a bit more than calling him a meanie

Yea, and I guess they don't realize that the political climate has changed so going w/ the same schedule and format isn't going to help in my opinion. Best thing to do at this point is not even mention Trump, Ryan, etc. refer to them as "many of our colleagues and superiors" while discussing what they want to do, and focus on that, not about what the other party is doing. Use facts and facts alone, not fear tactics because Dems usually aren't moved by those like the other cats are.

From Hillary's book.  My bad if already posted. 

Cliffs
  • The Clinton's used prison labor in the Governor's Mansion
“A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Last edited:
Anyone else watching the Jon Ossoff debate tonight? I made sure everyone I know living in district 6 tunes in if they can

Guess da liberals forgot about da Clinton Foundation

Spending their time hating on da Don's business smarts while ignoring da Seth Rich murder 
mean.gif

/ninjahood

Last edited:

From Hillary's book.  My bad if already posted. 

Cliffs
  • The Clinton's used prison labor in the Governor's Mansion

“A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

This is a common practice of using prison labor especially in Southern states. Louisiana probably the worst offender, since their governor's mansion looks like a plantain house.

It disgusting, but not unique to the Clintons. It even says as much in the passage

And let us keep in mind that Jeff Session is restarting the War on Drugs, ramping up the used of private prisons, calling for max sentences for drug offenses, and Trump is dismantling every Civil Rights department in the Federal government.

With Hillary, we would have gotten the exact opposite, non violent offender would still be getting commuted and criminal justice reform would be a major issue on the agenda.

But yeah, lets keep concerning ourselves as to how secretly racist the Clintons maybe, especially Hillary.

Last edited:

Yea, and I guess they don't realize that the political climate has changed so going w/ the same schedule and format isn't going to help in my opinion. Best thing to do at this point is not even mention Trump, Ryan, etc. refer to them as "many of our colleagues and superiors" while discussing what they want to do, and focus on that, not about what the other party is doing. Use facts and facts alone, not fear tactics because Dems usually aren't moved by those like the other cats are.

So you disagree with their rhetoric then?

I get it but famb, I don't think it is a major issue right now. Like if liberals need more motivation to vote in upcoming elections, then we deserve Trump. Like who really cares the tone the Dems take, we know where they fall on policy. Liberals just need to vote, that's it, quit waiting on the Dems to inspire them

Last edited:

I get it but famb, I don't think it is a major issue right now. Like if liberals need more motivation to vote in upcoming elections, then we deserve Trump. Like who really cares the tone the Dems take, we know where they fall on policy. Liberals just need to vote, that's it, quit waiting on the Dems to inspire them

Some of it doesn't have anything to do with waiting to be inspired, some has to do with trying to figure out who has particular groups best interest at heart. We both know that many people registered as Dems or consider themselves liberal don't feel like they aren't truly represented by the party. People on the Democratic side won't blindly vote, so if the party can't get it together and show why they should be voted for then it's not the voter's fault for Trump, it's the opposing party for not being convincing enough. Hell, most of the time u can't even tell who's who as far as motives go, other than the party affiliation.

Some of it doesn't have anything to do with waiting to be inspired, some has to do with trying to figure out who has particular groups best interest at heart. We both know that many people registered as Dems or consider themselves liberal don't feel like they aren't truly represented by the party. People on the Democratic side won't blindly vote, so if the party can't get it together and show why they should be voted for then it's not the voter's fault for Trump, it's the opposing party for not being convincing enough. Hell, most of the time u can't even tell who's who as far as motives go, other than the party affiliation.

Famb it is the voters fault. You are trying to push a "both parties are the same" stuff and that is plain and simple not true. Especially has not been true since the turn of the century, and the divide has only increased.

The distinction between the national Democratic party and the national GOP is clear. The one time the Dems had all the power for a in the last two decades they governed center left. They passed Wall Street reforms, a consumer protection bureau, the reform the student loan program, put progressive judges on the Supreme Court, passed a stimulus, and a major health care bill.

I don't need a warm feeling about a politician, I care about what he is going to vote for. If the Dems had power they would routinely pass center left and progressive policies. But the thing is the base hardly ever shows up to vote for them into power. That is the major problem.

Liberal voters demand that they need to be inspired over and over. But the Dems promising and routinely showing they will fight for liberal policies is not enough, even when they are explicit about it. So voters stay home and then complain about all the destruction and power the GOP has. This happens because the GOP has a base that has figured out the game, you need to consistently vote.

So they, I blame the voters on this, especially for the midterms. There is a clearly better choice if you are a progressive, liberal or left leaning moderate.

The Democratic Party is a hug diverse coalition, they will never represent everyone perfectly, but perfection is the enemy of progress. Being a member of the Democratic coalition means coming to terms with that, especially in the short term..

Last edited:
That both parties are the same stuff is just a cop out in my eyes. That's the go to retort from a lot of my progressive friends who "sat this election out" while ignoring state and local elections while wanting to be devoid of accountability while griping and moaning the loudest about the Trumpster.

You're life isn't perfect, your job isn't perfect but you go anyways, nothing in your life is perfect, but you demand purity out of a politician who likely aligns with an overwhelming majority of your views and interests yet because their failed 5% of your purity test you sit the presidential, state, and local elections out because your guy got screwed while hiding behind "both candidates are the same". Just weak in my eyes and that's why I have my doubts on the Dems making the moves they should make in 2018 because a lot of them refuse to put minor intragrpop issues to the side and constantly shoot themselves in the foot while the GOP knows how to play the game in terms of voting wise.

Famb it is the voters fault. You are trying to push a "both parties are the same" stuff and that is plain and simple not true. Especially has not been true since the turn of the century, and the divide has only increased.

The distinction between the national Democratic party and the national GOP is clear. The one time the Dems had all the power for a in the last two decades they governed center left. They passed Wall Street reforms, a consumer protection bureau, the reform the student loan program, put progressive judges on the Supreme Court, passed a stimulus, and a major health care bill.

I don't need a warm feeling about a politician, I care about what he is going to vote for. If the Dems had power they would routinely pass center left and progressive policies. But the thing is the base hardly ever shows up to vote for them into power. That is the major problem.

Liberal voters demand that they need to be inspired over and over. But the Dems promising and routinely showing they will fight for liberal policies is not enough, even when they are explicit about it. So voters stay home and then complain about all the destruction and power the GOP has. This happens because the GOP has a base that has figured out the game, you need to consistently vote.

So they, I blame the voters on this, especially for the midterms. There is a clearly better choice if you are a progressive, liberal or left leaning moderate.

The Democratic Party is a hug diverse coalition, they will never represent everyone perfectly, but perfection is the enemy of progress. Being a member of the Democratic coalition means coming to terms with that, especially in the short term..

Politicians are politicians. There are a few that are truly there for the people, then u have the majority that make the promises and go back on them and liberals are tired of it, especially underrepresented groups, you can't deny that. You can't cut corners and half-*** it when you are tasked with representing multiple groups. GOP has it easy, Dems don't, they gotta work hard.

And regardless of what u think, they can't keep pointing the finger at the GOP and not strengthening their base. It's a never-ending job and uphill battle for Democratic politicians because they have to consistently fight the ignorance, racism, etc. of the GOP, so they have to be more diligent in fighting it, plain and simple. Obviously the voting base has to pull their weight as well, but Dems losing isn't solely on them, this past presidential election proved that.

My bad if I'm all over the place, I'm in class and trying not to look disinterested :lol:

Politicians are politicians. There are a few that are truly there for the people, then u have the majority that make the promises and go back on them and liberals are tired of it, especially underrepresented groups, you can't deny that. You can't cut corners and half-*** it when you are tasked with representing multiple groups. GOP has it easy, Dems don't, they gotta work hard.

And regardless of what u think, they can't keep pointing the finger at the GOP and not strengthening their base. It's a never-ending job and uphill battle for Democratic politicians because they have to consistently fight the ignorance, racism, etc. of the GOP, so they have to be more diligent in fighting it, plain and simple. Obviously the voting base has to pull their weight as well, but Dems losing isn't solely on them, this past presidential election proved that.

My bad if I'm all over the place, I'm in class and trying not to look disinterested :lol:

What promises did the Dems go back on?

When Dems have the power, they try to pass progressive policies, when they don't they try to compromise to get something done.

Since 2008 the Dems have been moving more and more left to appease their base. You can see it in the party platform, Obama's budgets, you can see that in Clinton's platform. The problem with Clinton was the messager. People were willing to throw the policy out the window because they just could not trust the messenger

If Obama had liberal a super majority we would have a public option, and a way more progressive ACA, free community college and job retraining, multiple jobs bills passed, more Wall Street reforms passed, student loans would be reform again to have people get lower interest rates and better income based plans, a robust climate change policy, crime justice reform, immigration reform, civil rights laws should be strengthen, net neutrality would have been solved, hell even the TPP could have been discussed as a geopolitical bill like it should have . And the list goes on.

Bernie Sanders platform would not even look pie in the sky, because policy wise it would be less the one standard deviation away from where we would be.

So I am not going to coddle these fickle voters. Liberals have to stop demanding they feel warm and fuzzy about a candidate. Vote on policy positions, if that person violates then rely on the primary system.

We have to stop asking Democrats to working miracles, when voters wouldn't even give them the power at the ballot to do anything.

Vote, just vote constantly and wisely for a decade until the left has a constitutional amendment sized majority. Then if they let you down, then staying home might be justified, or like me I would like election reform to take place.

-BTW, when the professor ask the next question, make up a silly answer. When they ask for a source, tell them the "hip-hop intelligencia".

Last edited:

yeah im calling bs.

That sounds like someone in trumps camp who doesn't like session leaking to incept the idea of firing sessions into his brain.

ABC News Politics [emoji]10004[/emoji] @ABCPolitics
JUST IN: Attorney General Jeff Sessions suggested he could resign amid rising tension with President Trump

They will probably replace that racist Kebler eff with someone just as bad. But still, if he resigns, catch me bumping this all around town...........

Last edited:

Care to explain how saying that millions of Americans will lose their health coverage under the AHCA isn't factual? How is saying that Trump's infrastructure plan is nothing more than a wealth and ownership transfer of our roads and bridges from the public to the private sector fear mongering?

Why is it that people will only support the Democratic party if they show up cool, calm, and collected when there is nothing to be cool, calm, and collected about?

I don't know, but if you (not you) follow everything that is going on right now and still want to hold onto the notion that voting for Dems is voting in the GOP lite, maybe America deserves its neo feudalism.

"The scooters are because of Medicare," he whispers helpfully. "They have these commercials down here: 'You won't even have to pay for your scooter! Medicare will pay!' Practically everyone in Kentucky has one."

A hall full of elderly white people in Medicare-paid scooters, railing against government spending and imagining themselves revolutionaries as they cheer on the vice-presidential puppet hand-picked by the GOP establishment. If there exists a better snapshot of everything the Tea Party represents, I can't imagine it.

After Palin wraps up, I race to the parking lot in search of departing Medicare-motor-scooter conservatives. I come upon an elderly couple, Janice and David Wheelock, who are fairly itching to share their views.

Matt Taibbi on the response to this article: "Rand's Medical Group: Obama Hypnotized Voters"

"I'm anti-spending and anti-government," crows David, as scooter-bound Janice looks on. "The welfare state is out of control."

"OK," I say. "And what do you do for a living?"

"Me?" he says proudly. "Oh, I'm a property appraiser. Have been my whole life."

I frown. "Are either of you on Medicare?"

Silence: Then Janice, a nice enough woman, it seems, slowly raises her hand, offering a faint smile, as if to say, You got me!

:lol:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/matt-taibbi-on-the-tea-party-20100928

Care to explain how saying that millions of Americans will lose their health coverage under the AHCA isn't factual? How is saying that Trump's infrastructure plan is nothing more than a wealth and ownership transfer of our roads and bridges from the public to the private sector fear mongering?

Why is it that people will only support the Democratic party if they show up cool, calm, and collected when there is nothing to be cool, calm, and collected about?

I don't know, but if you (not you) follow everything that is going on right now and still want to hold onto the notion that voting for Dems is voting in the GOP lite, maybe America deserves its neo feudalism.

We know that people will health insurance, there's no point in harping on that, u mention it and discuss what you want to do to make sure that doesn't happen, simple enough, right? That's a big topic and there's different options out there, discuss those, how hard is that?

And I want the Dems to be fired up, seriously, but seriously, they have to educate their base while condemning the republicans. I love the aggression that Kamala Harris, and the like are showing, but also follow it up w/ policy.

ABC News Politics [emoji]10004[/emoji] @ABCPolitics
JUST IN: Attorney General Jeff Sessions suggested he could resign amid rising tension with President Trump

Back
Top Bottom