***Official Political Discussion Thread***

laff.gif

Who did he say was Cain and who did he say was Abel? :nerd:

Edit: Neither apparently. He never said he and Reince were like Cain and Abel. FAKE NEWS! Although there was this little tidbit:

“There are people inside the administration that think it is their job to save America from this president. That is not their job, their job is to inject this president into America..." - Scaramucci

Last edited:
I actually don't think the burden would be fully on businesses to play their workers a livable wage.

That might disproportionately hurt smaller businesses.

What I do believe in is a massive expansion of the EIC, given out monthly instead of once per year.

Don't get me wrong though. I do believe the minimum wage should be bumped up quite a bit.

I actually don't think the burden would be fully on businesses to play their workers a livable wage.

What I do believe in is a massive expansion of the EIC, given out monthly instead of once per year.

Don't get me wrong though. I do believe the minimum wage should be bumped up quite a bit.

But does that burden in the case of smaller business fall on the customer to bridge the gap?

Yeah that EITC should be included on the employee's paycheck and the employer get's the credit on their quarterly payroll tax return filings/deposits.

When you give folks that can't budget or reckless with their finances a large sum of money at tax time.. it's too easy for them to blow it on needless items. EIC is a great program that encourages people to work.

Hopefully DAPPER Don can remove funding from the Scouts ASAP. The popcorn they sell is Garbage.

Hopefully DAPPER Don can remove funding from the Scouts ASAP. The popcorn they sell is Garbage.
Not to mention that the things they learn are UNAMERICAN. I don't see boy scouts in our Junior Coal Mines learning how to swing a pickaxe, or set dynamite correctly. The only good thing they learn is that injecting Jesus Trump into them is the way, the only right way, to live a rich and long life. Rich in soul and long in 1950's life expectancy :pimp:

3.85? Why even go to work at that point? Might as just sit at home and click on hundreds of surveys all day

But does that burden in the case of smaller business fall on the customer to bridge the gap?

Sure the the cost could be pasted onto the consumer in theory, but a small firm might not have the market power to do that. Their competition, say a larger business, might decide to eat the cost in another way in he short term. Attract more customers, kill the competition, and then they will increase prices even more than the last business need now they have the power to do so.

I kinda feel consumers tolerate too much market consolidation just because they see lower prices in the short run. This is how Amazon gets people.

Expanding...

Really, a minimum wage is a anti poverty measure. A EITC and a negative tax rate can be structured to be a very good anti poverty measure. It will also finally structure the tax code to help those at the bottom not the top and serve as a bridge to UBI if we ever choose to go that wage.

I don't by into the GOP's constant "think of the small businesses" rhetoric because I know they are full of ****. If they really cared about small business they would support things like single payer, and not underfund things like the USPS. I also want a robust welfare state because having a job and working 40 hours a week should not be mandatory to have health insurance, food on the table, a roof over your head, access to cheap transportation, etc.

I want small firm around exiting and entering markets easily to break big business, I want to strengthen labor and I want anti poverty measures. So I see a jacked up EITC will help do those things.

Last edited:
They have to vote for skinny repeal to keep the while thing alive.

They want it to go to conference so they can have more time to work with the house to figure something out.

It keeps the 51 vote threshold alive too

Back
Top Bottom