***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Taxes have gotta be paid regardless of who you vote for though. It's not like democrats are pushing for taxing white people more. So there's gotta be something in conservatism/being republican that draws white supremacists to the right, right?

like what? Because I don't know of any. If there wasn't 1 black man or Hispanic that wasn't a republican I'd agree with you but that's not the case

Dems almost always expand the welfare systems tho. The whole Robin Hood mentality is instilled in that party. Promoting dependency.

Taxes have gotta be paid regardless of who you vote for though. It's not like democrats are pushing for taxing white people more. So there's gotta be something in conservatism/being republican that draws white supremacists to the right, right?
like what? Because I don't know of any. If there wasn't 1 black man or Hispanic that wasn't a republican I'd agree with you but that's not the case

this is the question they are too scared to answer....

thats why you see so much deflection... "well what about democrat racists tho"
But what about racist democrats tho? You saying they don't exist?!
the deflection continues...

no attempt to even address the issue being spoken about...

he even started bringing up taxes....lol

the deflection continues...

no attempt to even address the issue being spoken about...

he even started bringing up taxes....lol

If you raise welfare what do you have to raise to support that? Taxes genius

I didn't say all republicans are white supremacists or that republicans are only white, although you don't need to be white to perpetuate white supremacy. But that's a different conversation.

From my perspective, there's gotta be a point of intersection right? Is it illogical for me to make the assumption that at some point white supremacist ideology and republican/concervstive ideology over lap? And if they do overlap what does that say about republican/concervstive politics in terms of other non white races?

I'm not even trying to assert a point. I genuinely want to be informed on what the conservative perspective on these points are.

Dems almost always expand the welfare systems tho. The whole Robin Hood mentality is instilled in that party. Promoting dependency.

Bill Clinton is the president that reformed welfare though.

And Democrats are pushing for things like the expansion of the EIC, and having universal pre-k. All things to incentize work

He still doesn't get the concept of corporate welfare is way larger than social welfare.

Why are you painting a white face on corporate welfare?! All these past tense bailouts to companies are corporate welfare distributed by a black president. So what are you saying?

He still doesn't get the concept of corporate welfare is way larger than social welfare.

Dude doesn't say a peep about Bush and Obama bailing out and saving the bank and auto industry.

But he will shade Obama all day for his stimulus which was targeted at the middle class.

#What a Time to be a Conservative

Dude doesn't say a peep about Bush and Obama bailing out and saving the bank and auto industry.

But he will shade Obama all day for his stimulus which was targeted at the middle class.

#What a Time to be a Conservative

2 posts up.. But corporate welfare is supported and practiced by both parties so what is your point

CORPORATE profits are at their highest level in at least 85 years. Employee compensation is at the lowest level in 65 years.

The Commerce Department last week estimated that corporations earned $2.1 trillion during 2013, and paid $419 billion in corporate taxes. The after-tax profit of $1.7 trillion amounted to 10 percent of gross domestic product  during the year, the first full year it has been that high. In 2012, it was 9.7 percent, itself a record.

Until 2010, the highest level of after-tax profits ever recorded was 9.1 percent, in 1929, the first year that the government began calculating the number.

Before taxes, corporate profits accounted for 12.5 percent of the total economy, tying the previous record that was set in 1942, when World War II  pushed up profits for many companies. But in 1942, most of those profits were taxed away. The effective corporate tax rate was nearly 55 percent, in sharp contrast to last year’s figure of under 20 percent.

The trend of higher profits and lower effective taxes has been gaining strength for years, but really picked up after the Great Recession temporarily depressed profits in 2009. The effective rate has been below 20 percent in three of the last five years. Before 2009, the rate had not been that low since 1931.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/05/b...-as-slice-of-economy-as-wages-slide.html?_r=0
people like you are why constituents keep voting against their own interests...

combine your misinformation about the current state of the economy with the myth that welfare recipients are living the high life

you have the perfect formula for the exploitation of the average american by big business interests...

just wanted to fact check your statements and this is the first issue i looked up..

We’re not sure how this particular claim came about, but it’s not the first time we’ve heard of problems the Affordable Care Act supposedly creates for those over the age of 75.

In 2012, we wrote about a bogus claim  that under the health care law “no one over 75 will be given major medical procedures unless approved by locally administered Ethics Panels.”

And the same email claiming that primary care physicians must admit patients to hospitals in order for Medicare to cover costs also says that, because of the ACA, “at age 76 when you most need it most, you are not eligible for cancer treatment.” That’s also not true.

That inaccurate claim was based on a misreading of H.R. 3200, an old House health care bill from 2009 that did not become law. David Kithil, a former judge in Burnet County, Texas, made the claim that cancer hospitals “will ration care according to the patient’s age” in a letter he had published in the River Cities Daily Tribune. He cited page 272 of the bill to support his claim about rationed cancer treatment

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/03/a-false-claim-of-a-medicare-change/
you've got to actually read the source material before you post claims in a thread.....

this is not a knock against the "right" or "conservatives"... i just wish you would actually read up on the issues you speak about 

instead of reposting misinformation just because it confirms your political opinion

at least CHECK THE ACCURACY OF WHAT YOU POST 

cl-1b just resposted "facts" from a widely circulating chain email it seems....
 http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/twenty-six-lies-about-hr-3200/

Our inbox has been overrun with messages asking us to weigh in on a mammoth list of claims about the House health care bill. The chain e-mail purports to give "a few highlights" from the first half of the bill, but the list of 48 assertions is filled with falsehoods, exaggerations and misinterpretations. We examined each of the e-mail’s claims, finding 26 of them to be false and 18 to be misleading, only partly true or half true. Only four are accurate. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
exposed 

Bill Clinton is the president that reformed welfare though.

And Democrats are pushing for things like the expansion of the EIC, and having universal pre-k. All things to incentize work

Fast forward to present day tho.. Obama didn't expand?!
If you're referring to the ACA, then yes he did. It was need, and would be a much better system if he was able to pass it in its original form.

In that same realm he is also in favor of regulation to help drive own cost.

And regarding the working poor, he is major proposal to help then was a negative tax.

So yes, he expanded social welfare, because it needed expanding. It was the prudent thing to do.

I'm shocked ya'll keep responding to this guy like he's making solid points or he's willing to listen :lol:

Why are you painting a white face on corporate welfare?! All these past tense bailouts to companies are corporate welfare distributed by a black president. So what are you saying?

What! :rofl:

I didn't anything about race.

It's a simple statement that corporate welfare is larger.

What!
roll.gif

b b but it happened when there was a black presidents...?

are you saying that there arent any black corporations?

/s

What! :rofl:

This is the best mental gymnastics I have seen for someone to use the "It is not about racism, Obama is black" card.

It wasn't even warranted too. :lol:

GWAP is probably right, dude is just shallow talking point, after shallow talking point.

You guys should've seen how I straight boddied this clown in the trump thread yesterday. Pure comedy. I exposed him for the 16 year old girl that he really is.

What!
roll.gif

This is the best mental gymnastics I have seen for someone to use the "It is not about racism, Obama is black" card.

It wasn't even warranted too.
laugh.gif

GWAP is probably right, dude is just shallow talking point, after shallow talking point.
it shows that to him economics has only to do with race

any criticism about republican economic policies is just minorities complaining about white people

Last edited:
Products of wolf blitzer and Anderson cooper [emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

it shows that to him economics has only to do with race

any criticism about republican economic policies is just minorities complaining about white people

And criticism of democratic policy is whites complaining about minorities right

Back
Top Bottom