***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don’t understand the joy people get hunting for sport. And I’m not even an animal lover like that.

Pull up on these animals with no weapons and I’ll respect you

When a child murders animals for no reason we get em some help, when an adult does it we let em hang the head on a wall.
I think people who hunt for sport are mentally ill personally.

I don’t understand the joy people get hunting for sport. And I’m not even an animal lover like that.

Pull up on these animals with no weapons and I’ll respect you

Exactly, try hunting them down like cavemen did ages ago and we talking about a "sport" these rich dudes that pay hundreds of thousands don't even scout, they simply follow along someone else that does all the work and they just pull the trigger and pose for a picture, pendejos.

Is this guy serious rn?
gucci3.png

This man HAS NO LIMITS b

GRADE AAAAAAA+++++ Troll, quite possible that he's GOAT status in the troll game

So far, most of the WH decisions has been geared towards the 0.1%, from the serious stuff (taxes) to their leisure activities. I just wanna know when the little guy will finally start winning. Are there gonna be Greyhound buses to the African savanna? Will McD start serving antilope burgers? After standing so proudly for the anthem, when will I finally get to sit on my chair made of hippopotamus leather?

When a child murders animals for no reason we get em some help, when an adult does it we let em hang the head on a wall.
I think people who hunt for sport are mentally ill personally.

Yes and no. I've been hunting with an old boss down in Vermont and West Virginia. We hunted animals that he ate or was needed to persevere the ecosystem. The permit only allowed it for those purposes.

But I do agree hunting large animals that are close to extinction or animals that are vital to the natural environment of a region, i think is inhumane and deserve ultimate punishment. Like bears in Vermont are huntable becuase it's population is dense. But I wasn't down with that. Didn't sit right even though conservationist would say it was necessary.

There's legit reason for hunting, deer, wild hogs, gators, pythons and bears are a nuisance in some places and some of those don't have natural predators to keep their numbers in check. Killing endanger animals is just sick however, there's no way I can co-sign that stuff.

I don't necessarily see a problem with hunting for sport. I think it depends on the kind of animals though. I live in a small rural town so I know many hunters. When I was younger I occasionally participated. We have a healthy wildlife population of pheasants, rabbits, hares, ducks etc. but numerous hunters around here breed their own pheasants during the off-season and release them into the wild to increase the population during hunting season. While all the hunting loot is brought back to the community, either to their own families or to others in the community who pay for them, it's hardly a necessity and a fairly expensive habit on top of that. I support that 100%.

What I strongly disagree with is "trophy hunting" in which often rare animals are hunted and killed for no other reason than to say "look I shot (animal)". We can eat ducks, rabbits, hares, pheasants, deer or even wild boars but that is not the case for other typical trophy animals. And in all cases, strict rules should be followed to maintain a healthy population. In some cases hunting is necessary for population control. A recent example from my country is that a bunch of idiots decided to release wild boards (who only live in the southern parts of Belgium) in a northern province. They've been breeding like rabbits, totally unbalanced the ecosystem in said province and the epidemic is becoming so large that there have been numerous incidents of people almost hitting a random boar with their car on rural roads. Therefore the government has called on hunters to shoot as many of these boars as they can without any hunting season restrictions. They're not supposed to be in that province whatsoever so essentially they would like to get rid of all of them. So that's more than understandable. It's only a matter of time before a car crashes into one of these boars since they're running rampant.

Outside of population control and conservation issues though, I'm firmly against the kind of trophy/sports hunting of bears, lions, ... basically any "big game" that serves zero purpose, brings nothing to the community where the hunting is going on besides negatives and kills animals that really should be left alone to live in peace.

Last year folks were legit beaten,shot at,had dogs unleashed on them,water cannons spraying them in below freezing temperatures and were jailed for trying to argue the risks posed by this whole thing to the water supply and now look...

In a cruel bit of irony,more jobs will likely be created trying to clean up this mess than there were coming from the pipeline itself

Back
Top Bottom