***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The chairman of the Florida Democratic Party had to set down because of accusations of inappropriate sexual misconduct.

But the rumored details of some of ole boys actions are something else......

A Ohio Dem that is running for governor tried to defend Franken by humble bragging about piping "50 attractive women" throughout his life.

:smh: :lol:

The chairman of the Florida Democratic Party had to set down because of accusations of inappropriate sexual misconduct.

But the rumored details of some of ole boys actions are something else......

A Ohio Dem that is running for governor tried to defend Franken by humble bragging about piping "50 attractive women" throughout his life.

:smh: :lol:

Wth is wrong with these people?

Seeing what these hundreds of sexual assaulters and rapists in politics/entertainment look like, it seems like another group should be added to the travel ban list, deportation list, extreme vetting list, etc. based on Trump's logic. Right? Will never happen though :lol:

Last edited:
turned on CNN earlier, one of the talking heads was saying that Clinton should've resigned over the Lewinsky scandal

e38066d3eca6253e06103da3ee2acaae.jpg

While I consider Bill a grade-A scumbag for the Monica Lewinsky, I disagree with the idea that he should have resigned over the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Putting the crazy right wing nonsense aside. And considering the fact he used he position of power to his advantage, at the end of the day they were both constenting adults.

The weird angle that I have always had an issue with, and other liberal do, especially the women, especially the white ones, is try to quantify how complicit Hillary was in Bill's nonsense.

Like it is so ******* weird to me, it is like they only see her as a calculating political figure instead of a woman that is probably embarrassed and is giving her husband the benefit of the doubt.

So Jared falling on the sword for Papa Don and helping prop up the Orange Suga Papi to serve out the rest of his term?

Or does Mueller have other, more far reaching plans?

The things is, sexual harassment will always happen in a neoliberal, center left world. When you want lots of women in the elite professions but you despise labor unions and other works of work place democracy, you will have powerful male bosses taking sexual liberties with female subordinates. The center left wants women to get an elite education, listen to Katy Perry, have an aspiration mentality and be a lone wolf who, through sheer brilliance, rises up the ranks of a socially approved career path in finance, entertainment, law, academia and politics.

The snag in this plan is, that all the decent jobs are guarded by gatekeepers. In fact, center left and center right scions often times laud this fact in there weekly columns about why they think the upper middle class is so great. David Brooks gushed over the fact that most professionals are essentially "peer reviewed" by others in that profession.

In that environment, where your boss and coworkers totally determine your professional future, we can expect a lot of aspiring professional women to be taken advantage of sexually (and some pretty young men since rainbow flags make for a great cover for an industry's horrible labor practices).

Workplace Democracy, not tweets about the awesomeness of Beyonce, is what will protect women who we consider to be "strivers."

The things is, sexual harassment will always happen in a neoliberal, center left world. When you want lots of women in the elite professions but you despise labor unions and other works of work place democracy, you will have powerful male bosses taking sexual liberties with female subordinates. The center left wants women to get an elite education, listen to Katy Perry, have an aspiration mentality and be a lone wolf who, through sheer brilliance, rises up the ranks of a socially approved career path in finance, entertainment, law, academia and politics.

The snag in this plan is, that all the decent jobs are guarded by gatekeepers. In fact, center left and center right scions often times laud this fact in there weekly columns about why they think the upper middle class is so great. David Brooks gushed over the fact that most professionals are essentially "peer reviewed" by others in that profession.

In that environment, where your boss and coworkers totally determine your professional future, we can expect a lot of aspiring professional women to be taken advantage of sexually (and some pretty young men since rainbow flags make for a great cover for an industry's horrible labor practices).

Workplace Democracy, not tweets about the awesomeness of Beyonce, is what will protect women who we consider to be "strivers."

While I agree somewhat. Sexual harassment will exist in workplace in a social Democratic leftist world too.

Labor union don't guarantee workplace democracy. In fact, they can he used as a vehicle to consolidate male and especially white male power against women and minorities. And it also cuts both ways, unions would protect the harassers too.

Sorry but it always rubs me the wrong way when union are presented as a panacea. If that is the argument being presented, then it is short sighted just like the supposed neoliberal solutions.

While I consider Bill a grade-A scumbag for the Monica Lewinsky, I disagree with the idea that he should have resigned over the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Putting the crazy right wing nonsense aside. And considering the fact he used he position of power to his advantage, at the end of the day they were both constenting adults.

The weird angle that I have always had an issue with, and other liberal do, especially the women, especially the white ones, is try to quantify how complicit Hillary was in Bill's nonsense.

Like it is so ****ing weird to me, it is like they only see her as a calculating political figure instead of a woman that is probably embarrassed and is giving her husband the benefit of the doubt.

Because it’s politically convenient to paint her as weak or not a strong woman or an enabler

Which, of course, is victim blaming.

While I agree somewhat. Sexual harassment will exist in workplace in a social Democratic leftist world too.

Labor union don't guarantee workplace democracy. In fact, they can he used as a vehicle to consolidate male and especially white male power against women and minorities. And it also cuts both ways, unions would protect the harassers too.

Sorry but it always rubs me the wrong way when union are presented as a panacea. If that is the argument being presented, then it is short sighted just like the supposed neoliberal solutions.

I agree and I do not think that workplace democracy would solve every problem but would be better than the current, at will, employment system that we have now. On balance workplace democracy is better than the current system of workplace autocracy.

Patriarchy is like white supremacy. It often times intersects with economic issues, it is buttressed by economic inequality and yet, it has a life and trajectory all its own. What is different about this issue the discussion of economic inequality and white supremacy is that the state can address economic inequality and it can address most facets of white supremacy through policy changes. When it comes to economic inequality and patriarchy, the state can stamp out inequality by changing labor laws and other policies but it has a hard time addressing many aspects of patriarchy. So while cultural changes are needed, economic changes would influence the culture. In a world where gays, trans, femmes and women are truly empowered economically (as opposed to serving as well paid tokens), the culture changes and the next generation of boys will not associate queerness and femininity with weakness and they will grow up to be men who are less likely to **** shame, street harass or otherwise view women as being objects who do not have full human agency.

fixed it.

there is no structure that is built by men, run by men, that won't lean in the direction of the interests of men, neo liberal, shneoliberal it don't matter. :lol:
This

Positions of power in the private and public sector are dominated by men. Part of the solution has to be breaking that monopoly.

While having the right politics, and economics are important, America need to come to terms with the fact that a diverse country should not be ruled by almost exclusively affluent white men.

Last edited:
The Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky scandal only became bigger than what it should have been was because Bill lied about having sexual relations with Monica
While what Bill did was morally questionable on the cheating part, legally it was really nothing wrong and two adults consented on an extra marital affair if Bill had told the truth
If only Bill learned how to keep it on the DL like JFK....

That whole "scandal" pales in comparison to what's happening now, where you got a pedophile looking a favorite to win the Albama senate position and "Frankenstein" getting exposed as a groper and harasser.

Last edited:
fixed it.

there is no structure that is built by men, run by men, that won't lean in the direction of the interests of men, neo liberal, shneoliberal it don't matter. :lol:

If we have genuine workplace Democracy, workers are in charge and since women are a large part, if not a majority, of the work force in many sectors of the economy, a new, worker centric form of workplace governance, necessarily, would be built by women.

Just as life in generally better (though not perfect) in countries that are liberal Democracies, so too would be work places that are run on the basis of liberal democracy. The problem is that the center left wants work place governance to continue to be an enlightened and benevolent autocracy (with conservatives supporting a benighted autocracy in workplace governance).

The Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky scandal only became bigger than what it should have been was because Bill lied about having sexual relations with Monica
While what Bill did was morally questionable, legally it was really nothing wrong other than the cheating part and two adults consented on an extra marital affair if Bill had told the truth
If only Bill learned how to keep it on the DL like JFK....

That whole "scandal" pales in comparison to what's happening now, where you got a pedophile looking a favorite to win the Albama senate position and "Frankenstein" getting exposed as a groper and harasser.

Isn’t it funny back then people were talking about impeachment for that, but in 2017 its ok to hit on teenage girls? WATTBA

Edit: mack on, and have relations with, teenage girls

Isn’t it funny back then people were talking about impeachment for that, but in 2017 its ok to hit on teenage girls? WATTBA
Well the impeachment stemmed from the Paula Jones sexual harassment case against Bill also, which got dismissed in court.

Trump been accused of sexual harassment yet there hasn't been any proceedings into that...

Back
Top Bottom