***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Famb you usually don't agree with Krugman?

Dude is probably one of the best left wing economic minds out there.
No huge disagreements but just he's a bit too Keynesian oriented for my liking

I do like a lot of his work regarding inequality though as well as his approaches to supply side and deficits.

He's been really on point in his critiques of the current admin,hasn't minced words about taking a hammer to all the nonsensical proposals coming out of the orange house :lol:

Last edited:
If corporations will make a way or high net worth individuals will capitalize on practically everything why make things permanently easier for them but on temp for those who are struggling?

You keep saying temporary, but I already explained that the sunset provision is only there because of the rule. Paul Ryan stated the intent is to make them permanent. So, that is a moot point.

Let's keep it all the way real. Corporations were already paying way less than their actual tax rate. So, while there is a cut, it isn't as large as is being reported. I think that middle class families will appreciate the relief that this bill provides. Especially families with children. The idea of not giving them anything if corporations are going to get a huge cut doesn't make sense to me. It is very difficult to create anything that high net worth individuals won't be able to capitalize on. Many corporations moved to avoid taxes. The bottom line remains the bottom line.
The numbers have already been ran

If they closed all the loopholes the corporate tax rate could have been cut and you would see no revenue losses.

You wanna know the rate.......28%. Not 21%
Even Romney's rosie growth predictions places the number at 25%

This is a massive tax cut for corporations. Every all reputable economist and tax policy expert say this.

Your argument is BS. Based on incorrect info.

Like I said before, it is hard to have serious debate about the issues when someone doesn't know the issues.

The numbers have already been ran

If they closed all the loopholes the corporate tax rate could have been cut and you would see no revenue losses.

You wanna know the rate.......28%. Not 21%
Even Romney's rosie growth predictions places the number at 25%

This is a massive tax cut for corporations. Every all reputable economist and tax policy expert say this.

Your argument is BS. Based on incorrect info.

Like I said before, it is hard to have serious debate about the issues when someone doesn't know the issues.

I said there was a cut... I am agreeing with everything you wrote. I don't think it is a bad thing. Shareholders will see the benefit of it. Many Americans invest in the market. We've got stock market threads on Niketalk. Those shareholders will see increases because of this plan. Dividends will also increase. And the market will rise as a result.

No one is denying that this is a tax cut for corporations. So either you didn't read what I wrote, or you had some pre-written response that you wanted to share.

Yes it's a massive tax cut for Corporations. And I am suppose to be against getting 3% more in my net paycheck? How in the world is that not a good thing?

He's a bit too Keynesian oriented for my liking

I do like a lot of his work regarding inequality though as well as his approaches to supply side and deficits.

He's been really on point in his critiques of the current admin,hasn't minced words about taking a hammer to all the nonsensical proposals coming out of the orange house :lol:
Aren't you a leftist?

What's wrong with being a Keynesian?

You keep saying temporary, but I already explained that the sunset provision is only there because of the rule. Paul Ryan stated the intent is to make them permanent. So, that is a moot point.

It can't be a moot point when they had the option of making it perm but decided temp was "better". Can't be moot when it's a fact.

Yes it's a massive tax cut for Corporations. And I am suppose to be against getting 3% more in my net paycheck? How in the world is that not a good thing?

Would you prefer to be getting no tax cut/relief? This is a serious question. Chances are, your tax liability will decrease. If you invest, you will see higher gains. Corporations will likely hire more and increase wages. Executives will likely net more. I am trying to understand the negative for everyday Americans.

It can't be a moot point when they had the option of making it perm but decided temp was "better". Can't be moot when it's a fact.

Sunset provisions are added because of budgetary rules/constraints. The intent is that they become permanent. Not really sure how else to say it.

Middle class is getting a tax cut. Just saw a report that a family making 45k may save 1800 on taxes because of the plan.
That will be spent on parking fees because subsidies that allowed employers to sponsor travel costs will be cut.

That will be spent on parking fees because subsidies that allowed employers to sponsor travel costs will be cut.

Carpool? Public transit? Most people in large cities use public transportation and uber. Especially in NYC and DC

Sunset provisions are added because of budgetary rules/constraints. The intent is that they become permanent. Not really sure how else to say it.

There's no other way to say it. They chose to make corp cuts more important

To increase output. To meet demand, etc.

Better question:
Why wouldn't they?

To pocket the extra? Go on more lavish vacations? Get a bigger EOY bonus?

tenor.gif

Would you prefer to be getting no tax cut/relief? This is a serious question. Chances are, your tax liability will decrease. If you invest, you will see higher gains. Corporations will likely hire more and increase wages. Executives will likely net more. I am trying to understand the negative for everyday Americans.

I am in favor for getting a higher net paycheck regardless if it's one year.. two years... 5 years.. 1 month.. WHATEVER. Screw the Feds.. they don't deserve one penny of my hard earned money.

Not sure what you mean by increasing wages? This bill's main purpose is to provide relief to Corporations for the health care mandate which is just destroying Corporate profits.

As far as my tax liability... who knows at this point if it will go up or down? The brackets for most middle income families will go down at least 3% so that's immediate tax relief meaning your Federal withholdings will be less. HOWEVER, when it's time to file your return... will you owe.. will you get a refund? WHO KNOWS!?! The GOP bill is so confusing where it's taking away deductions, providing additional standard deduction, takes away dependents, add's family credit... it's hard to figure out your tax liability because everyone's situation is different. But at this point.. just pass the stupid thing and if it all explodes in Trump/GOP's face... I know I will be :lol:

There's no other way to say it. They chose to make corp cuts more important

To pocket the extra? Go on more lavish vacations? Get a bigger EOY bonus?

They can do both. In fact, I predict they will. We will see tho. And they definitely will increase dividend spending. So all the NT market bros will have gains due to this. Same folks investing in the stock market are complaining about corporate tax cuts. It makes no sense.

I am in favor for getting a higher net paycheck regardless if it's one year.. two years... 5 years.. 1 month.. WHATEVER. Screw the Feds.. they don't deserve one penny of my hard earned money.

As far as my tax liability... who knows at this point if it will go up or down? The brackets for most middle income families will go down at least 3% so that's immediate tax relief meaning your Federal withholdings will be less. HOWEVER, when it's time to file your return... will you owe.. will you get a refund? WHO KNOWS!?! The GOP bill is so confusing where it's taking away deductions, providing additional standard deduction, takes away dependents, add's family credit... it's hard to figure out your tax liability because everyone's situation is different. But at this point.. just pass the stupid thing and if it all explodes in Trump/GOP's face... I know I will be :lol:

That's fair :lol:

Back
Top Bottom