***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Just like the racist extremists showing their *** now, the so called "pc culture " is a direct result of Trump. When he won a lot of folks were mortified, like oh my god, what have we let these folks get away with, he's discriminated against blacks openly and grabbed *******, how did we let him become the president? So I see where there's some over correction in certain spots.

That said, if someone says something hurt them, what ill is there in listening and respecting that? What benefit is there to push through and advocate for the right to insult folks? What's effectively gained/lost in your life? And while thinking about that, can you remember the moment you stopped being a decent human being?

Logic doesn’t apply to deplorables.

I think that’s the most frustrating part. Some of us hold onto logic dearly, others cast it away as it it were some weakness.

There’s really no discussion to be had with a person who doesn’t hold logic and facts in high regard. Their only objective is to delegitimize your opinion, because they’re incapable it forming and defending their own with sound logic.

As y’all know, I’ve tried it with my father. If a father and son can’t have a respectful logical conversation that isn’t dripping with condescension (from the person with less understanding/education/experience of the field and area of politics) it can’t be done.

I knew people like this when I was younger. The kind of guy to argue with a lawyer about the job. They were usually dropouts and/or outliers in society. It makes sense that Donald Trump is their hero.

I’ve pretty much given up engaging with these people anymore.

These aren’t people interested in an exchange of ideas, they just want to antagonize.

You mean all the black people who hate white people?
I wholeheartedly agree, I can just feel the hatred towards my caucasian race here.

mj-laughing.gif

I mean, who wouldn't be confident?

Excerpt:
White House deputy press secretary Raj Shah declined to comment on Trump’s remarks because information about the Syria strikes remains classified.
The fundraiser at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel was attended by about 100 of Trump’s top-dollar supporters, who paid a minimum of $50,000 a head to attend the dinner. Though protesters lined the streets outside, Trump was greeted warmly by supporters inside, including his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018...lassified-syria-skirmish-at-fundraiser-611599 May 29th 2018
Trump bragged about classified Syria skirmish at fundraiser
The White House has tried to avoid discussing a February skirmish between U.S. troops and Russian mercenaries in Syria, but that didn’t stop President Donald Trump from bragging about the Pentagon’s performance at a recent closed-door fundraiser.

The details of the battle remain classified, but speaking to donors in midtown Manhattan last Wednesday, Trump said he was amazed by the performance of American F-18 pilots. He suggested that the strikes may have been as brief as “10 minutes” and taken out 100 to 300 Russians, according to a person briefed on the president’s remarks, which have not previously been reported.

Trump often makes unscripted comments at fundraisers, and he revels in the exploits of the U.S. military. At a Republican National Committee fundraiser last fall, he told the crowd that Defense Secretary Jim Mattis had “never lost a battle,” and he has bragged about the country’s nuclear superiority in confrontations with North Korea.

American officials have long feared that a clash with Russian forces in Syria would add tension to the already strained relationship between the two countries, and they intentionally avoided Russian targets last month when they bombed the country in response to Bashar Assad’s use of chemical weapons. According to The New York Times, which last week provided the first detailed description of the battle, the confrontation lasted four hours and left between 200 and 300 pro-Assad forces dead.

White House deputy press secretary Raj Shah declined to comment on Trump’s remarks because information about the Syria strikes remains classified.

The fundraiser at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel was attended by about 100 of Trump’s top-dollar supporters, who paid a minimum of $50,000 a head to attend the dinner. Though protesters lined the streets outside, Trump was greeted warmly by supporters inside, including his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.

Along with the Syria strike, the president talked about his decision to move the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, earning a standing ovation from the crowd. He said he sympathizes with past presidents who broke their promises to move the embassy because of the aggressive lobbying he received from “kings and queens” urging him against the move, and that it took a leader of strength and conviction to follow through.

The U.S. marked the official opening of its embassy in Jerusalem earlier this month, an event attended by several top White House officials, including presidential daughter and adviser Ivanka Trump and her husband, Trump adviser Jared Kushner. Hamas, which governs the Gaza Strip, responded to the embassy opening with protests that resulted in dozens of casualties when Israeli troops responded forcefully to their provocations.

Trump returned to the theme at a rally in Nashville on Tuesday evening. "Two weeks out, when people sort of started to think that we were going to open up the embassy, I was called by every leader in the world” telling him, “Don’t do it, don’t do it, don’t do it, don’t do it,” the president said.

The Manhattan fundraiser raised about $5 million for the Trump Victory Committee, a joint fundraising committee that funnels cash both to the president’s campaign operation and the Republican National Committee.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...clear-subs-in-korean-waters-nyt-idUSKBN18K15Y
Trump tells Duterte of two U.S. nuclear subs in Korean waters: NYT
U.S. President Donald Trump told his Philippine counterpart that Washington has sent two nuclear submarines to waters off the Korean peninsula, the New York Times said, comments likely to raise questions about his handling of sensitive information.

Trump has said “a major, major conflict” with North Korea is possible because of its nuclear and missile programs and that all options are on the table but that he wants to resolve the crisis diplomatically.

North Korea has vowed to develop a missile mounted with a nuclear warhead that can strike the mainland United States, saying the program is necessary to counter U.S. aggression.
Trump told Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Washington had “a lot of firepower over there”, according to the New York Times, which quoted a transcript of an April 29 call between the two.

“We have two submarines — the best in the world. We have two nuclear submarines, not that we want to use them at all,” the newspaper quoted Trump as telling Duterte, based on the transcript.

The report was based on a Philippine transcript of the call that was circulated on Tuesday under a “confidential” cover sheet by the Americas division of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs.

In a show of force, the United States has sent the nuclear-powered USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier to waters off the Korean peninsula, where it joined the USS Michigan, a nuclear submarine that docked in South Korea in late April.

According to the Times, a senior Trump administration official in Washington, who was not authorized to publicly discuss the call and insisted on anonymity, confirmed the transcript was an accurate representation of the call between the two leaders.

U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, have said Trump discussed intelligence about Islamic State with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak at talks in the Oval Office this month, raising questions about Trump’s handling of secrets.

Trump also praised Duterte for doing an “unbelievable job on the drug problem”, the New York Times reported, a subject that has drawn much criticism in the West.

Almost 9,000 people, many small-time users and dealers, have been killed in the Philippines since Duterte took office on June 30. Police say about one-third of the victims were shot by officers in self-defense during legitimate operations.

The highly classified intelligence came from Israel.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKCN18B2MX May 15th 2017
Trump revealed intelligence secrets to Russians in Oval Office: officials
President Donald Trump disclosed highly classified information to Russia’s foreign minister about a planned Islamic State operation, two U.S. officials said on Monday, plunging the White House into another controversy just months into Trump’s short tenure in office.

The intelligence, shared at a meeting last week with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak, was supplied by a U.S. ally in the fight against the militant group, both officials with knowledge of the situation said.

The White House declared the allegations, first reported by the Washington Post, incorrect.
“The story that came out tonight as reported is false,” H.R. McMaster, Trump’s national security adviser, told reporters at the White House, adding that the leaders reviewed a range of common threats including to civil aviation.

“At no time were intelligence sources or methods discussed. The president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known...I was in the room. It didn’t happen,” he said.

Russia’s foreign ministry said reports that Trump had revealed highly classified information were “fake”, according to the Interfax news agency.

The White House also released a statement from Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who said the Oval Office meeting focused on counterterrorism, and from Deputy National Security Adviser Dina Powell, who called the Washington Post story false.

Still, the news triggered concern in Congress.

The Senate’s No. 2 Democrat, **** Durbin, called Trump’s conduct “dangerous” and “reckless”.

Bob Corker, the Republican head of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, called the allegations “very, very troubling” if true.

“Obviously, they’re in a downward spiral right now and they’ve got to come to grips with all that’s happening,” he said of the White House.

SECRET COMPARTMENT
The latest controversy came as Trump’s administration reels from the fallout over his abrupt dismissal of former FBI Director James Comey and amid congressional calls for an independent investigation into allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

One of the officials said the intelligence discussed by Trump in his meeting with Lavrov was classified “Top Secret” and held in a secure “compartment” to which only a handful of intelligence officials have access.

After Trump’s disclosure of the information, which one of the officials described as spontaneous, officials immediately called the CIA and the National Security Agency, both of which have agreements with a number of allied intelligence services around the world, and informed them what had happened.

While the president has the authority to disclose even the most highly classified information at will, in this case he did so without consulting the ally that provided it, which threatens to jeopardize a long-standing intelligence-sharing agreement, the U.S. officials said.

Since taking office in January, Trump has careened from controversy to controversy, complaining on the first day about news coverage of his inauguration crowds; charging his predecessor, former President Barack Obama, with wiretapping; and just last week firing the FBI director who was overseeing an investigation into potential ties between Trump’s presidential campaign and the Russian government.

Trump, a Republican who has called allegations of links between his campaign team and Russia a “total scam,” sharply criticized his 2016 election rival, Democrat Hillary Clinton, for her handling of classified information as secretary of state, when she used a private email server.

The FBI concluded that no criminal charges against Clinton were warranted, but Comey said she and her colleagues had been “careless” with classified information.

‘NO FILTER’
In his conversations with the Russian officials, Trump appeared to be boasting about his knowledge of the looming threats, telling them he was briefed on “great intel every day,” an official with knowledge of the exchange said, according to the Post.

Some U.S. officials have told Reuters they have been concerned about disclosing highly classified intelligence to Trump.

One official, who requested anonymity to discuss dealing with the president, said last month: “He has no filter; it’s in one ear and out the mouth.”

One of the officials with knowledge of Trump’s meeting with the Russian called the timing of the disclosure “particularly unfortunate,” as the President prepares for a White House meeting on Tuesday with Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan, an ally in the fight against Islamic State.

Trump’s first foreign trip also begins later this week and includes a stop in Saudi Arabia, another Islamic State foe, and a May 25 NATO meeting in Brussels attended by other important U.S. allies. He also has stops planned in Israel and the Vatican.

The president’s trip and latest uproar over his meeting with Russian officials come amid rumors that he might shake-up his senior staff in a bid to refocus his administration.

Logic doesn’t apply to deplorables.

I think that’s the most frustrating part. Some of us hold onto logic dearly, others cast it away as it it were some weakness.

There’s really no discussion to be had with a person who doesn’t hold logic and facts in high regard. Their only objective is to delegitimize your opinion, because they’re incapable it forming and defending their own with sound logic.

As y’all know, I’ve tried it with my father. If a father and son can’t have a respectful logical conversation that isn’t dripping with condescension (from the person with less understanding/education/experience of the field and area of politics) it can’t be done.

I knew people like this when I was younger. The kind of guy to argue with a lawyer about the job. They were usually dropouts and/or outliers in society. It makes sense that Donald Trump is their hero.

I’ve pretty much given up engaging with these people anymore.

These aren’t people interested in an exchange of ideas, they just want to antagonize.

I kind of have a similar situation with family members, though mostly cousins, thank god my parents and sister are not trumpists. Its really hard for me sometimes because they are people i have been very close with my whole life, and i want to have a good relationship with them but i dont know where to draw the line. After many fights and arguements we are civil now and whenever we see each other we dont talk politics, but deep down i know how they feel and sometimes i just want to cut them off completely. But i am a godparent to some of their young kids, and i dont think its fair to them, and i think its good for those kids to have someone like me in their lives. Then i think is it ok to look the other way just nc its a family member? Idk the answer to any of my questions, its hard, and it ****ing sucks.

I kind of have a similar situation with family members, though mostly cousins, thank god my parents and sister are not trumpists. Its really hard for me sometimes because they are people i have been very close with my whole life, and i want to have a good relationship with them but i dont know where to draw the line. After many fights and arguements we are civil now and whenever we see each other we dont talk politics, but deep down i know how they feel and sometimes i just want to cut them off completely. But i am a godparent to some of their young kids, and i dont think its fair to them, and i think its good for those kids to have someone like me in their lives. Then i think is it ok to look the other way just nc its a family member? Idk the answer to any of my questions, its hard, and it ****ing sucks.

Luckily my immediate family all hate Trump, I’m not really close with anyone else in my family. There are some old friends I pretty much seperated myself from. Some people say you shouldn’t let politics get in the way of friendships, but at this point if you still back Trump, then I know what you stand for and represent and I don’t need to associate with you outside of being civil in a random passing by.

Luckily my immediate family all hate Trump, I’m not really close with anyone else in my family. There are some old friends I pretty much seperated myself from. Some people say you shouldn’t let politics get in the way of friendships, but at this point if you still back Trump, then I know what you stand for and represent and I don’t need to associate with you outside of being civil in a random passing by.
The current political climate has made things difficult with my family as well. We are in completely opposite ends of the spectrum. I like to think that both sides are the same, so that I can at least look at them as compassionate human beings and not soulless animals. But it's harder than you'd think. As the following story illustrates:

It was Thanksgiving 2017 and we were all gathered for dinner. There must've been 20 of us seated. They asked me to say grace. I started saying, "Bless our Brothers and neighbors. Grant Mexicans, but only the legal ones, food and comfort. Grant all Americans health, if they can afford it. Most of all, be with the White man, as he is being attacked from all angles."

If you want to talk about incivility, talk about the faces around that table. My cousin has the nerve to say, "This is a time of year to share with those who have less than us." Seriously? I can't afford a second house and he wants to lecture me? I stormed out, after first throwing the turkey on the floor and dipping the dog in the gravy bowl.

That night, with nothing to my name but one house and a million dollars, I came across a meeting for the coal gang. the rest is history. they are my family now.

i love that nbc gets screwed too. although the money should go to charity and not her.

First and foremost. Beautiful avy choice comrade. DeSantis definitely has the Charlie's Angel Swag. NBC deserves everything they got because they hoped she would bring the Alt Right crowd and boost ratings. Not only did that not happen but her Alt Right views came out this year.

Back
Top Bottom