***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This dude is spewing misinformation.

-The Democrats never had a Supermajority for two years. Nor did they spend their first two years in Congress just focusing on things for other groups and ignoring black people

-Trump's economic policies are destructive for black labor, in fact, all labor. Trump pushed through a tax cut to overheat the economy in the short term but it will definitely help cause a recession. He has done nothing to structurally change the economy to something more hospitable to black people.

I can't take someone so ignorant of facts serious. I can rip this argument to shreds some more if you would like
In addition to your first point, most of the political capital spent by Democrats in the first two years of the Obama era was spent on the ACA. Democrats congresspeople LOST their seats because they voted to pass the ACA, and I want a Black person to try and convince me that healthcare is not a Black issue.

In addition to your first point, most of the political capital spent by Democrats in the first two years of the Obama era was spent on the ACA. Democrats congresspeople LOST their seats because they voted to pass the ACA, and I want a Black person to try and convince me that healthcare is not a Black issue.
That's what irks me. There were young Democrats that just came into office and they took a leap of faith on Pelosi and Obama on the ACA, even though they were in purple districts. And the Tea Party made them pay for that choice. If not for Roberts, millions of poor black folk would have free health insurance, but somehow that means ****.

I'm not gonna pretend that the Democrat party is perfect or has been some all well-meaning altruist group. But the recent partisan divide in this country can be traced back to the Democratic Party deciding to pick black voters over racist Dixiecrats.

Last edited:
Y’all got my hungry for some Popeyes biscuits and gravy or should I get them from kfc?
giphy.gif

And Bruh this "Obama never did anything for Black people" thing irritates me so much. You hit the block you hear people complain about credit cards, predatory loans, racists on the police force, student loans, education, healthcare, job growth, etc. He legit did things that made all that better. Don't believe me? look at all the things Trump is intent on rolling back. Just because he didn't put "this is for black people" some of ya'lls dumb *** gon sit there and assume it wasn't for them despite benefiting from it.

A conservative thinks someone or something can't be racist unless that people openly decalres the self a racist before committing an act of racism.
It's past my bedtime, but look at me all inspired and confessional.

Pretty much my upbringing.

In a grade school of a thousand kids, we had one adopted kid from Vietnam in my class and I only really recall one other kid of color in my town of 5,000 people. For most of my upbringing, racism was a skinhead in a green bomber jacket beating up immigrants or yelling racist slurs directly to someone's face. Obviously my view of racism has expanded, but where I grew up, it was considered a non issue, because there were rarely anyone to be racist to and this was in Bernie Sanders' social-democratic paradise.

The neighborhoods and streets have become more diverse, but a lot of people, my generation and older, grew up submerged in whiteness. It's very easy to state, that you don't judge people by their color, when you're never around people of color. But when you are, there is an ingrained and automatic alertness, discomfort or prejudice. I think, in order to try to overcome that prejudice, you have to accept it exist in your community, society and even in yourself and there's a lot of people, who think acknowledging this prejudice makes them racists. So it's crucial for them to deny it's existence in themselves and society as a whole. They also believe the cost of acknowledging inequalities will come directly out of their pockets and limit their lives.

Last edited:
Beto probably gonna lose, but ummm, dude has managed to make inroads with African American voters, and won over a sizable portion of white independents.

If I were running for president in 2020 as a Democrat, I would be terrified at my chances of beating him for the nomination.

Yeah Kamela Harris and Cory Booker are a little too corny to be confident they can lock up the black vote.

Back
Top Bottom