***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Why do you ask?

I lived there for many years, don't now.

But a lot of dudes in this thread are from the state.

I live in MD...
Some further investigation is required but it appears that the state's voter records have been compromised. Compromised in the sense that someone with access is (successfully) selling the state's data.
It may take some time to authenticate but the seller has received a number of payments totaling several tens of thousands of dollars.

Some further investigation is required but it appears that the state's voter records have been compromised. Compromised in the sense that someone with access is (successfully) selling the state's data.
It may take some time to authenticate but the seller has received a number of payments totaling several tens of thousands of dollars.
Oh, damn.

I did not think I'm still on the rolls anymore though. But anyway, a couple years ago the University of Maryland leaked all my info. To be honest, I am kinda numb to it.

The company whose software MD uses for voting machines was bought by an as yet un named russian oligarch back in 2015... When it was first reported back in the summer, the FBI & gov larry hogan's office said there was no evidence that data was compromised. But we know how that can change.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/28/world/americas/jair-bolsonaro-brazil-election.html

Brazil just elected a far-right racist fascist to be their President
As expected. I can't quite make sense of so many afro-Brazilians supporting a man who has made explicitly racist statements about them (and has gotten David Duke's endorsement for obvious reasons) but on the other hand there is the skyhigh crime rate and number of homicides, large scale corruption and an across the board high favorability for the armed forces. That's one thing all groups have in common. While waging a very divisive campaign on one hand, Bolsonaro has done a great job capitalizing on topics and issues that do have widespread support.

The company whose software MD uses for voting machines was bought by an as yet un named russian oligarch back in 2015... When it was first reported back in the summer, the FBI & gov larry hogan's office said there was no evidence that data was compromised. But we know how that can change.
It's pretty insane that the software used isn't tightly controlled by the government.

You guys need to stop, in the article...

“Tweeps, simmer down!” Ms. Swisher wrote on Twitter. “While it perhaps sounded like @HillaryClinton refused to rule it out, my take is she was basically implying she wishes she were president but doesn’t relish running again.”

Other people there said the same thing. She was not implying she was considering running again, she just wish she were president.

Let this old woman be, sheesh.

You guys need to stop, in the article...

Other people there said the same thing. She was not implying she was considering running again, she just wish she were president.

Let this old woman be, sheesh.

Gotta look into the subtext. Hilly Billy runnin.

C'mon famb, you are looking for something that is not there just because you dislike the woman. :lol:

Even if she runs, so what, don't vote for her then.
I don't dislike her. I haven't been in here enough for anyone to say that. I just don't see what other nominee the Democrats will have a chance with

Back
Top Bottom