***Official Political Discussion Thread***

5b8c9Nbl.jpg

He secretly liked the joke, until he realised it was out of context. :lol:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/upshot/a-sense-of-alarm-as-rural-hospitals-keep-closing.html

In a Commonwealth Fund Issue Brief, researchers from Northwestern Kellogg School of Management found that hospitals in Medicaid expansion states saved $6.2 billion in uncompensated care, with the largest reductions in states with the highest proportion of low-income and uninsured patients. Consistent with these findings, the vast majority of recent hospital closings have been in states that have not expanded Medicaid.

Deny yourself healthcare, and condemn yourself to a slow painful death, to own the libs

That’ll happen when she lets politicking go.

Shorty is running again whether you believe or not. We will lose again if she does.
Dude, please. This lil old lady got y'all so rustled that y'all can't think straight. She said she is not running.

And like I said, even if she runs again, who says she will be the nominee? I mean if she runs a primary field of 15 plus Dems a fade, that is on them being incompetent not her. Not like she cheats to win, beat her if she runs, simple.

hahahaha this is one way to raise the birth rates in the states. But it may not turn out how scumbag prez wants it. Us papis get busy.

I just put a bid for a prime russian mail order to make merica great again.

What are those better life choices?
If we took a childless, single 18 year-old working a minimum wage job in a large city:
- are you saying that they shouldn't pursue further education? After all, it is the economically safe choice, since they would most likely incur debt to earn a 4-year degree.

- are you saying they will be able to afford to live in a decent neighborhood in a decent apartment on minimum wage?

- are you saying they will be able to save for retirement and emergencies on minimum wage?

Let me clarify because I misspoke. I don't think minimum wage shouldn't go up at all, I think it should keep up with the poverty line. Minimum wage jobs aren't meant for you to work at for your entire life and retire from. It is a stepping stone for young people transitioning out of their parents home. Did I say they shouldn't pursue further education? Does working at McDonalds mean you cant go to college? If McDonalds has to pay 1 person more then that means they have to employ less people. Less people means you have to do more work. more work means you don't have time for homework, or class, which means no school. No school means you work there forever.
Everyone builds up debt to go to college these days because of loans. This is only happening because of the Higher Education Act passed by Dems! Loans just means more demand, more demand means higher costs, higher costs means more debt. High student debt is a problem Dems brought about.

Now lets talk about decent neighborhoods and decent apartments. What is a decent neighborhood? What makes it decent? What makes it not a decent neighborhood? Is it McDonalds and their pay making it not decent? Do you think everyone deserves to live decently at the expense of others? If so, how many homeless people are you taking care of now? But to answer your question, yes. I do think that some people can live in a decent apartment in a decent neighborhood. Not without other sacrifices tho.

Save for retirement?! Emergencies?! If you're working at McDonals or any other minimum wage job for a living then I don't think your the kind of person thinking about saving for either of those, but that's my opinion. But lets say you are in a situation where you are working at a minimum wage job because of some misfortune. This is what government assistance is for. You get help with housing, you get help with food, you get help with healthcare. There are some people that really need this assistance, and they are using it to get back on their feet.

If Trump signs that executive order, it will be one of the most racist acts ever committed by a modern president.

It is ******* vile.

Only bright side is the amount t of idiot conservatives I will trap into admitting they are racist. I know these clowns don't know the history, and will say all kinds of dumb **** to defend Trump

If Trump signs that executive order, it will be one of the most racist acts ever committed by a modern president.

It is ****ing vile.

Only bright side is the amount t of idiot conservatives I will trap into admitting they are racist. I know these clowns don't know the history, and will say all kinds of dumb **** to defend Trump

You mean supporters of the guy who had to be "persuaded"?

Back
Top Bottom