***Official Political Discussion Thread***

giphy.gif

The longer this goes, the more I'm convinced that absolutely nothing will come of this.

Republicans in the Senate aren't going to do a damn thing. Book it.

But Democrats can’t let them off the hook, expose all this mess and make them deal with it like @dwalk31 boy Roy Moore

Turn any actual decent person affiliated with any of it into pence’s wife

The longer this goes, the more I'm convinced that absolutely nothing will come of this.

Republicans in the Senate aren't going to do a damn thing. Book it.
That's why I don't even really bother to pay attention to this **** anymore. Only thing you can do is vote when the time comes

That's why I don't even really bother to pay attention to this **** anymore. Only thing you can do is vote when the time comes

Enh, I wouldn’t say don’t pay attention. I think it’s good to keep abreast of all the *******. But I do agree that getting the base out to vote is absolutely the best solution. That said, Rs have an answer for that too with voter ID laws, gerrymandering, etc. :smh:

But yeah, tempered expectations regarding the Senate are best. We’re relying on a group of people who consistently stand for the wrong things and hoping they do the right thing. They’re not going to change.

If anything, everybody needs to pay attention because Republicans expect turnout to be huge and against them, and they are doing everything to counter that.

Never believe that anti‐Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly since he believes in words. The anti‐Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument has passed.

The mistake those who support impeachment do is that they think the GOP is acting in good faith, and that there must be a valid, logical reason supporting their rejection of the impeachment inquiry. There isn't one other than winning. If cheating is what it takes to win, they WILL CHEAT and rationalize their victory.

House Democrats should be open to moving on without their GOP colleagues and establish the articles of impeachment, and the People should be open to the possibility of emulating the Hong Kong folks if the Senate short circuits Trump's trial. This is where the discourse should go. The time to reason with the Right is behind us.

Back
Top Bottom