***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So, it was a Boeing 737-800, which has been in service since 1998. While there have been several crashes involving many fatalities, this seems highly suspicious given the recent events.

The 737 + small airline makes me think the same thing.

The second AoA sensor (that ensured redundancy) was sold as an option, and only the larger, wealthier airline companies could afford it. It was never caught because Boeing basically inspected their own systems (arrangement with the FAA).

Don't you just love unregulated capitalism?
Da free market b

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-con...Poll_USA-NOS-and-Tables_1912131159.pdf#page=3

Because he polls around the same or lower with groups as he did in 2016. Rex wanted to point to poll numbers to argue a point about Sanders non-white support, I am pointing out that polls also so him not improved his standing on aggregate.

I am sure he was won over some new non-white voters. But that is not the point I am pushing back against.

Good looks, RustyShackleford RustyShackleford .

It took me some time to find a comparable poll in the lead up to the last Democratic primaries, but I found this Marist poll from September 2015 (less than a year before Clinton locked* up the nomination):

On page 30 you can see the surprisingly low percentage of Latinos and African Americans who did not recognize Sanders (50% and 44%, respectively).

That is quite a contrast to the poll you shared. Not only did the December 2019 Marist poll not even bother to ask the question of whether Sanders (or any other candidate) was recognizable. But, more to the point, 29% of non-white “undecided yet leaning toward a candidate” folks polled signaled Sanders was their man (page 14). That’s a higher percentage in support of Sanders than the other candidates. Non-white folks polled were also leaning more toward Sanders than white undecided Democratic voters (14).

In light of the poll you shared, and when compared to a similar and credible poll from 2015, I find it hard to see how Sanders “polls the same or lower” among non-whites.

Good looks, RustyShackleford RustyShackleford .

It took me some time to find a comparable poll in the lead up to the last Democratic primaries, but I found this Marist poll from September 2015 (less than a year before Clinton locked* up the nomination):

On page 30 you can see the surprisingly low percentage of Latinos and African Americans who did not recognize Sanders (50% and 44%, respectively).

That is quite a contrast to the poll you shared. Not only did the December 2019 Marist poll not even bother to ask the question of whether Sanders (or any other candidate) was recognizable. But, more to the point, 29% of non-white “undecided yet leaning toward a candidate” folks polled signaled Sanders was their man (page 14). That’s a higher percentage in support of Sanders than the other candidates. Non-white folks polled were also leaning more toward Sanders than white undecided Democratic voters (14).

In light of the poll you shared, and when compared to a similar and credible poll from 2015, I find it hard to see how Sanders “polls the same or lower” among non-whites.
Edit: Sorry but the poll you cite is not a good comparison to the one I provided. The are different because I cited a the general poll they put out now, seems the one you cited was to investigate the feelings of Latino voters. It doesn't even have a head-to-head with Sanders and Clinton (unless I am missing it).

Sure I did say poll in reference to 2016, but we have some exit polling from the 2016 primary to tell us how Bernie did in the end. And from what I remember remember reading exit polling put his support with many non-white groups in 2016 at or above the share he is getting now in the 2020. BTW, we know Clinton beat him with non-white voters.

So I really don't see how your poll disproves my point. If you got from 2015 until now, you are using the gains Bernie made in his 2016 campaign to bolster what he has done since the last time primary voters had their say. Sorry but I just don't think it is a good analysis to somehow pin Sanders previous support base at what is was the summer before the last primary, instead of your know, going by how people actually voted

Whatever support Bernie got through his first run with non white voters, he has not really improved on those numbers. Maybe 2020 exit polling will tell a different story.

Did Bernie increase his support at the end of the primary from summer before the primary started. Probably

Does he have more support now with non white voters than he did over four years and quarter years ago, in September 2015. Yes

Has Bernie Sanders now expanded his non-white support from what he had when the primary was over in 2016. I don't see any evidence of that from the polling available

Last edited:
Honestly speaking, that's terrorists actions. Spreading fear for political gains. They don't want to look weak but they also want to pressure the UAE to talk to the US to avoid further problems.

If they really wanted all the problems they would just say ... this is between us and them, dont help or then you're against us. The proceeded to **** on everything US.

Sounds like what George W. said for 9/11 "Either you are with us, or against us".

$71 Million for More Cops; Not A Dime for Jobs and Healthcare

Operation Relentless Pursuit is a Department of Justice initiative to combat crime through a "surge in federal resources.” We talked with Brandon Walker of the Ujima People's Progress Party about what's really needed to combat crime and empower neighborhoods in places like Baltimore (Albuquerque, Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, Memphis, and Milwaukee), one of the seven cities targeted by the plan.

the media coverage last night... just terrible :smh:

making it seem like US retaliation is 100% a given with hardly any facts of the matter

heard one former navy seal on air trying to say that the US could "easily" take out every one of Iran's military capabilities if they want, with "minimal" civilian casualties

there might be a shred of truth to that but the fact that it's being talking about at this stage of the game is insane

Back
Top Bottom