***Official Political Discussion Thread***

these dudes literally hoping folks wont really care and/or pay attention.. praying they can do their BS and face zero ramifications

look at susan collins for example, she cant win without certain support but she also knows turmp folks will be burn her.. and she aint the only one

we know they going set the house on fire, just hope they get trapped in the fire

It has everything to do with it because folks have been trying to paint Sanders supporters as unreasonable ideologues who doomed Clinton in 2016 and who will doom whoever the Dem nominee is in 2020 if it isn't Sanders. You literally said yourself that "we're doomed" due to this supposed dynamic.

So I pointed out the reality that the defection of a relatively small percentage of Sanders primary voters in 2016 fits squarely within the typical pattern of voter behavior—and, indeed, was less pronounced a dynamic than Hillary primary voters abandoning Obama for McCain in 2008.

So why single out Bernie Bros in your scenario, when a percentage of Dem primary voters will defect in the general no matter who the nominee ends up being?

538 suggests it was 26% of Sanders voters that did not vote for Hillary, which would be about the same as the Hillary-Mccain voters in '08

Bernie Bros are singled out now because Bernie happens to be popular and the most left finally have a "viable" candidate.

But it's not a new phenomenon and people have had this beef with "progressives" since at least '00 when Nader voters alone could've swung the election.

The idea being - it's easy to understand how moderates and conservative leaning independents could defect - but why are some of the farthest left leaning?

You are right that it's not a huge % (most Bernie defectors were more moderate/conservative) and certainly not much different than in years past.

A Bronx scarecrow. :rofl:
I got a homie that lives on Grand Concourse that got one to protect his pepper plants.

It looks just like this...
be8a4017-90da-43e4-8787-32f05d4315de-jpeg.2220395

Last edited:

This. I’ve been wondering for a while what would happen to his supporters in office. They are knowingly supporting crime after crime. Kinda crazy to see. How are we supposed to believe in the justice system when so many elected officials are close to saying no we don’t need to see evidence or hear from witnesses?

this really was the best these dudes had.. they know it's not 2 o'clock in the morning yet?!

538 suggests it was 26% of Sanders voters that did not vote for Hillary, which would be about the same as the Hillary-Mccain voters in '08

Bernie Bros are singled out now because Bernie happens to be popular and the most left finally have a "viable" candidate.

But it's not a new phenomenon and people have had this beef with "progressives" since at least '00 when Nader voters alone could've swung the election.

The idea being - it's easy to understand how moderates and conservative leaning independents could defect - but why are some of the farthest left leaning?

You are right that it's not a huge % (most Bernie defectors were more moderate/conservative) and certainly not much different than in years past.
This is what I'm saying. So why, to borrow the term someone aptly used in here the other day, the Chicken Little act with respect to Bernie voters? It's ******* ridiculous and tiresome.

My son Tebow literally says something different every day to get a rise ya'll don't even pay it no mind anymore while Dwalk still gets murked everytime (I assume).

It has everything to do with it because folks have been trying to paint Sanders supporters as unreasonable ideologues who doomed Clinton in 2016 and who will doom whoever the Dem nominee is in 2020 if it isn't Sanders. You literally said yourself that "we're doomed" due to this supposed dynamic.

So I pointed out the reality that the defection of a relatively small percentage of Sanders primary voters in 2016 fits squarely within the typical pattern of voter behavior—and, indeed, was less pronounced a dynamic than Hillary primary voters abandoning Obama for McCain in 2008.

So why single out Bernie Bros in your scenario, when a percentage of Dem primary voters will defect in the general no matter who the nominee ends up being?

I singled them out because the differences, ideologically and policy-wise, between trump and Sanders was so vast that one can't help but surmise that it had nothing to do with either of those things.

A much more reasonable argument can be made for why a supporter of Clinton (an establishment Democrat) would switch to McCain who, by today's standards, was as close to centrist Republican as you can get vs an unestablished junior senator running on a "change" platform.

Was some of the Clinton/McCain exodus driven by racism and all the other nasty stuff? Absolutely. And that's what I believe drove the Sanders/trump switch. Misogyny, anti-establishment sentiments, among other things. Because it couldn't have been pushing for a progressive agenda. In which case, you're a bro.

Back
Top Bottom