***Official Political Discussion Thread***

That isn't an excuse for him not to better word a tweet

Like ok there will be outrage about religious gatherings.

That should not make him indifferent to using proper tact.

yeah I get that, but no matter what he said people are gonna act like their feelings are hurt.

how do you tell a certain group to stop doing what they’re doing without singling them out?

you don’t think there won’t be outrage from people if you specifically single out religious gatherings?

happening across the US, they call it “trampling on religious freedoms”

anybody thinking they’re exempt needs to be singled out, to me at least. treat folks like adults.

happened here too with some Christians and the pastor ended up dying of Covid 🤷🏽‍♂️

yeah I get that, but no matter what he said people are gonna act like their feelings are hurt.

how do you tell a certain group to stop doing what they’re doing without singling them out?
The first sentence is kinda has a false assumption in it. It implies the same people, same number of people, that would be mad at de Blasio if he had just made a generic comment about religious gatherings. Yes some would be mad regardless, but others that are upset at his wording would not be. They would be understanding. So the "what's the difference/point" about outrage is not as strong as you guys are making it out to be.

The way we singled out the specific groups are the issue, as @Diego Pasta pointed out he didn't even do that properly. I have always maintained that politicians need to get off Twitter, this is another example. de Blasio in one of his many briefings could have outline his policy, says it applies to everyone, and then call out specific examples of being broken. Then say that he knows people want to gather but for the betterment of everyone, including the communities breaking the rules, he has to go froward with strict enforcement. He could have singled out the communities (which when you think of it is not even necessary in this situation) breaking the rules in a much more tactful and productive way.

We have to remember that not all groups of people are the same, have the same level of power, have endured the same level of violence, hateful rhetoric, and marginalization. So these things need to be considered.

Last edited:
All I'm hearing today is libs in New York are rounding up Jews and putting them in FEMA camps. We need to impeach "President" Obummer and lock HIM up in his FEMA camp. Only Donald "Champion of Minorities" Trump can stop this madness! We must elect Donald to run NY and the USSA.

B0227745-69CB-4418-9D27-A96907112AC1.jpeg

Heard there is gonna be a “strike” at a bunch of retail places Friday and amazon too.

these people actually gonna flex or is it gonna be like 12 people who just get fired?

It’s mind blowing to me that in 2020 people still aren’t organizing and getting a union in.

Lebron james jr smith gif 1 » GIF Images Download

¨...all he had to do was not say ´Jewish!!!´¨

Heard there is gonna be a “strike” at a bunch of retail places Friday and amazon too.

these people actually gonna flex or is it gonna be like 12 people who just get fired?

It’s mind blowing to me that in 2020 people still aren’t organizing and getting a union in.

it´s not that mind-blowing when you realize people like Jeff Bezos do not encourage it.

hard as hell to fight even one billion dollars.

Lebron james jr smith gif 1 » GIF Images Download

¨...all he had to do was not say ´Jewish!!!´¨

it´s not that mind-blowing when you realize people like Jeff Bezos do not encourage it.

hard as hell to fight even one billion dollars.

I guess, but it seems to me common sense would say do the opposite of of he’s saying regarding unions. It doesn’t matter how much money you got once you vote the union in.

I see what you’re saying though. They spend so much money on propaganda. They think their whole world will crumble if they get a proper wage and some benefits.

I used to work for a company that had billions in sales in a year. We were union. The company couldn’t screw us at all because we had a contract. But the locations that didn’t vote the union in were making half the money and had wack benefits. Then they all wanna commute to the city because we make more. :lol: when they could have just voted the union in.

We need to remember that this crisis, as high stakes as it is, is a public health crisis and should not be treated as a criminal-legal matter. Dropping $1,000 fines during Great Depression levels of unemployment (and gilded age levels of inequality, in general) and threatening Jews with police sweeps is a bad look and not very helpful.

We need these stay-at-home orders and we need social pressure but we don't need a criminal-legal response. Now it'd be ok and helpful if law enforcement breaks up social gatherings and I have no problem with public officials reminding people that the virus doesn't care what your religion is an therefore, there is no religious exemption to a stay-at-home order. Even naming and shaming is appropriate but can public officials please stop resorting to using criminal punishments to deal with a health crisis.

As far as unions go, we need much more labor organizing but the bosses are hostile to it and both parties are hostile to the formation of new private sector unions. Dems will usually, though not always, stick up for existing unions. Republicans obviously want there to be no unions public or private sector.

It would be nice to have at least one major party support the expansion of unionization in the private sector but sadly, it is not the case. Deep down, Republican and Democratic Party officials believe that if you really wanted a better life you'd go to law school or get an MBA or at least you'd take 'computer classes" and the community college in order to take one of the unclaimed, high paying "computer jobs" and that non professional class workers, especially workers with no college degree or special certification, deserve a low standard of living and precarity and that unionizing and getting better wages and benefits is a form of cheating.

Back
Top Bottom